Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 10:11 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Oh great. Another anti-Christian bigot. I feel like I've interrupted an atheist convention.
Reading this thread I can't believe anyone as judgmental and proud as yourself is a Christian.

In fact, you come off as a troll pretending to be a right wing Christian simply to rile people up.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:12 PM

958 posts, read 304,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
But it wouldn't serve the nation with its many exclusions. There are far more than your supposed 5% that you pulled out of nowhere.
I don't think so. In terms of real physical ailments, I would say 5% is generously high.

Now it's true that Christians are generally fit people who don't have very many claims. It's also true that many ailments are due to obesity, and so if some of the Oprah-like 350-lb leftwingers would drop some lard, a whole host of their health problems would vanish: hypertension, diabetes, immobility. And then they could qualify for Samaritan.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:12 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Really? How is Samaritan functionally different from insurance? Other than no surprises with Samaritan?
Your child develops anxiety in high school. They are suicidal. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

Your child develops an eating disorder. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

Your spouse has dental surgery. They become addicted to painkillers. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

You develop diabetes. Samaritans only covers 120 days of medication per event. You will need to be on medication for the rest of your life. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

You adopt a child. He has a cleft palate. SURPRISE! That's a preexisting condition - on your own.

What's not a surprise is that this cost-sharing platform does all that it can to cherrypick healthy people and exclude most healthcare needs so that after paying, surprise! You need to find a way to get on Medicaid so the rest of us can pay for you.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Reading this thread I can't believe anyone as judgmental and proud as yourself is a Christian.

In fact, you come off as a troll pretending to be a right wing Christian simply to rile people up.
Having grown up in the deep South, the OP fits the bill completely, unfortunately.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
It’s cost-sharing. Cost-sharing is not insurance.
That's semantics. Tell me how the two are functionally different.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Your child develops anxiety in high school. They are suicidal. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

Your child develops an eating disorder. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

Your spouse has dental surgery. They become addicted to painkillers. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

You develop diabetes. Samaritans only covers 120 days of medication per event. You will need to be on medication for the rest of your life. SURPRISE! You're on your own.

You adopt a child. He has a cleft palate. SURPRISE! That's a preexisting condition - on your own.

What's not a surprise is that this cost-sharing platform does all that it can to cherrypick healthy people and exclude most healthcare needs so that after paying, surprise! You need to find a way to get on Medicaid so the rest of us can pay for you.
I knew you'd eventually veer off into welfare, and welfare isn't insurance. So let's try this again. What is the functional difference between Samaritan and insurance.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:21 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
I knew you'd eventually veer off into welfare, and welfare isn't insurance. So let's try this again. What is the functional difference between Samaritan and insurance.
Now, we've been over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

Yeah, the minute I said "Christian", it riled the leftwing crazies right up.

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
I don't think so. In terms of real physical ailments, I would say 5% is generously high.

Now it's true that Christians are generally fit people who don't have very many claims. It's also true that many ailments are due to obesity, and so if some of the Oprah-like 350-lb leftwingers would drop some lard, a whole host of their health problems would vanish: hypertension, diabetes, immobility. And then they could qualify for Samaritan.
Diabetes 1 is not weight related. Oh, and "People of faith are more likely to be obese than the godless, a study has found. And with all their hot cross buns and chocolate advent calendars, Christians are the worst offenders of all.

A university researcher examined the body mass indexes (BMIs) of more than 7,000 people, and found those of believers were almost a point higher than those of atheists."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-atheist.html

Old 02-04-2019, 10:22 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Yeah, the minute I said "Christian", it riled the leftwing crazies right up.
Because you dont act like one? I'm not left wing and I am Christian, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies