Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Judging evil acts is completely different from judging people. Abortion and birth control are evil acts. We are duty-bound to call out evil acts.
Duty bound? By whom?

I seem to recall someone saying something about “he who is without sin, cast the first stone.....”

Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I hear these commercials all the time and it does seem to good to be true. I have a few born again friends I will ask them what their opinion is on the matter. Personally, I feel like it's used as a recruiting tool for the churches. Frankly, it sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Gee, you mean the "Marxist media" isn't keeping them a secret as the thread title alleges?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I wonder if islam insurance covers birth control or pays for you to have babies? Oh wait. The US government insurance already does that.
Someone has too, all the shunned Christians will not receive any help from their family or faith as this policy displays......

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid..

Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Judging evil acts is completely different from judging people. Abortion and birth control are evil acts. We are duty-bound to call out evil acts.

According to whom? Would you also have us believe bringing unwanted children into the world is a good act?

Old 02-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Because there is a trust issue here with your coverage and health insurance companies both; their reasons to cover or not cover are as capricious as ever.

It's no different from the insurance company going back and hyper-analyzing your health history from childhood, your credit rating and other oddball items they're using in metrics these days. Your group just hyper-analyzes a person's perceived 'moral' history. You can laud their policies all you want as following your own ideology (dogma) and paying up as needed - until one day for whatever reason - they don't.

Both types of policies are potentially crippling financial shades of gray.
Insurers are regulated by the state.

Pre ACA, it was entirely up to each state to define or not a preexisting condition and limit or not, the lookback for preexisting conditions. Some states left it up to insurers while most states capped the lookback.

Post ACA, states retain the primary responsibility for regulating insurers. The ACA covers only the Ten Essential Services. The rest is on each state. No two states have the same regulations.

One state might mandate insurance cover ABC medication, while the next state does not.

Medical cost sharing ministries are NOT insurance and are not regulated. They have no legal obligation to pay a qualified claim.

Like everything, sooner or later one of these ministries will blow.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Interestingly, you can look up any and all complaints against Samaritan, and you will not find a single negative thing in any forum as far as their denying coverage of a condition they claim they will cover. This is rather astounding, considering there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums.

Unlike insurers, the voluntary ministries are free to cherry pick conditions and lookback periods.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
This thread mainly reinforces my belief that people who push their avowed fundamentalist Christian principles into politics aren't actually Christians.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:08 AM

958 posts, read 303,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You alleged "there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums." Thugs at Trump rallies are irrelevant to that allegation.

And I should believe a biased blowhard who makes a very nice living bashing the left to the RW sheeple because? Need I also mention the hypocrisy of this man who so often bashed drug-users despite being one himself?

You have yet to support your allegation with facts, try again!

BTW, Despite you first line, those are three things.
Sorry, but you won't find these stories on MSNBC or the Huffpo.

Do you now see why I usually don't chase my tail getting sources for leftwingers? They constantly move the goalposts...."Yeah, but what about...…"

Old 02-02-2019, 09:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Since when is birth control an evil act? It's a responsible act.

Are there really Christians who think birth control is evil? I can't even.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This thread mainly reinforces my belief that people who push their avowed Hardline Christian principles into politics aren't actually Christians.
No kidding. This Christian poster (the OP) who never lies cannot make a single comment without political, judgmental, snarky innuendos added. He's been doing it so long, and it has become so natural, I doubt the person even realizes he's doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies