Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 10:10 AM

958 posts, read 300,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't like the bashing, either, but this looks to me like a case of "pick what you plant." Had the original post been less inflammatory, I suspect the replies would have, as well.
It's only 'inflammatory' if you are a defender of the Marxist media.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:11 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,319,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Since when is birth control an evil act? It's a responsible act.

Are there really Christians who think birth control is evil? I can't even.
Catholics.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:11 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,708,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
You mean there aren't sites that are independent who won't delete posts critical of Samaritan? I find that hard to believe.

Medicare for all. Yep. Let's expand government inefficiency immorality and corruption to an even large scale.

And you people wonder why Venezuela failed.

But countries like Denmark and Sweden are doing quite well.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:12 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,317,901 times
Like I said turning into a bashing thread, where controversial topics like abortion have taken over.

What started out as a topic for possible health insurance for some turned into abortion and birth control debates from a certain Christian vs non-Christian viewpoint.

So the Christian insurance mandates if you want it you have to be anti-abortion, and government insurance demands those that don't agree with it still pay taxes to support it. Seems somebody gets forced into something they don't agree with one way or the other except the Christian insurance is a choice while government insurance is imposed, that is a difference.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:12 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,418,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I suspect refusing to cover pre-existing conditions, diabetes and preventative care are what makes it so cheap, not refusing to pay for “immoral” birth control.

I also wonder what happens if multiple members of the pool need expensive care in a given year and the money runs out.

But I’m glad you found a plan that works for you and that your injury was covered.
Checked it out too. No Garuntee. You could be high and dry. Like the rest of the "insurance". They have your money. What are you going to do about it?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,391,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
It's only 'inflammatory' if you are a defender of the Marxist media.
Look, it's clear by your demeanor and comments that you are no true Christian.

Not sure Jesus would go around derisively denigrating everyone outside of his opinion circle as Marxists, Commies, etc.

And that is the problem with fundamentalist Christians: you become so belligerent in your absolutism that you ironically contravene the basic tenets of compassion and love you claim to support in the New Testament.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
OP was dishonest in calling it insurance in the subject title, and dishonest claiming that there are no bad reviews about this program.

It is not insurance, you just give your money to others every month, they don't have to pay a dime for your medical care.

OP is happy they paid for him, but everyone has not been so fortunate.
1. I called it insurance because it is in effect, and some readers out there might not understand if I said 'co-op'. The only reason it's not called that is legalese. If they called themselves that, then they would have to follow government guidelines and therefore lose their cost-effectiveness and everything that makes them work so well.

2. You are not being truthful when you say Samaritan has not paid its claims. You cannot find one single source that shows it has ever happened.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And the neat part about "living as a Christian" is it all depends on what preacher you follow to determine what the criteria will be....
Not really. The co-op lays out the criteria you have to follow to be part of the plan

Old 02-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Trying to coerce people into being Christian. Are you guys that desperate for members these days?
Huh?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:22 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,440,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Like I said turning into a bashing thread, where controversial topics like abortion have taken over.

What started out as a topic for possible health insurance for some turned into abortion and birth control debates from a certain Christian vs non-Christian viewpoint.

So the Christian insurance mandates if you want it you have to be anti-abortion, and government insurance demands those that don't agree with it still pay taxes to support it. Seems somebody gets forced into something they don't agree with one way or the other except the Christian insurance is a choice while government insurance is imposed, that is a difference.
No, that's not it. It mandates you have to believe in Jesus. Let's say I'm a strict Orthodox Jew (obviously I'm not since I'm using the computer on Shabbos) who is opposed to abortion, pre-marital sex, and birth control. Why couldn't I buy into to the program?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies