Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Has anyone mentioned that Co-ops exist because of Obamacare ?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:09 AM

958 posts, read 304,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree. Those plans have been around for years and my Marxist insurance agent() told us all about them, and I've discussed them with others.

So people are well aware of these plans. And you do not have to go to church AT ALL. Just pay the low premiums. We chose not to get one of these plans because they are like the old plans that do not cover pre-existing conditions, and as you went up in coverage, so did the premiums. I simply didn't trust the plans, as they didn't seem that solid. Also, being an atheist, the whole religious connection sort of turned me off.
1. I would wager 90% of the people responding to this thread didn't have much knowledge about Christian co-ops.

2. So premiums don't go up in non-Christian health insurance programs?

3. The plan is very solid and the coverage wonderful. I am here to attest to that from first-hand experience.

4. Yeah, if you're atheist, it's not for you.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:10 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Has anyone mentioned that Co-ops exist because of Obamacare ?
The way I understand it is:

Co-ops existed before Obamacare, but Obamacare did away with non-religious co-ops. Now I understand that since Trump is trying to do away with everything Obama, he has now allowed non-religious co-ops to start operating again.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I think God would be pleased if someone started attending church regularly who wasn't before. I think you would soon forget your ulterior motive.
God never suggested you had to belong to a club or attend a special building to have his blessings. That's something man dreamed up to control other men.

See how well it's been working so far? Phony people wear their churchgoing piety like a badge of membership in the Grand Order Of The Special People.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I hear these commercials all the time and it does seem to good to be true. I have a few born again friends I will ask them what their opinion is on the matter. Personally, I feel like it's used as a recruiting tool for the churches. Frankly, it sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.
Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? This isn't anything like one, nor is there any way it could be, as there is no central pile of money.

My co-op, Samaritan does not advertise. That's why it's a cheaper and better program than the one you hear advertised, which is Medishare.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Believing in sex only for procreation explains SO much about the OP. And conservative religious types in general. All that frustration has to come out somewhere...
Huh? Thanks for your well-thought-out comments about Samaritan Ministries co-op.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Great that it works for you.

Of course, it's a very close off affair, and the rest of society who doesn't want to be fundamentalist Christian also needs some healthcare options.

As do people with pre-existing conditions, which your Christian coverage presumably leaves to die (so compassionate of you).

So we'll just have to stick with trying to make our secular healthcare better in a way that actually works for society as a whole.
Don't you get it? The fact that people use Christian principles are WHY this system works. People aren't trying to rip off the system like they do in our secular healthcare.

Covering pre-existing conditions isn't insurance. It's welfare. Would you expect to buy fire insurance after your home has burned down?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Because it’s true.

Catholic priests rape children.

Catholic bishops protect them.

Tell yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night but by remaining in the Catholic Church you support child rape.

Your Stalin analogy is false, because there is not organized atheist institution, no fixed set of atheist belief. Atheism is simply the absence of belief in a concept, it is not an institution or organization.

You belong to an organization that has systematically allowed its most powerful leaders to rape children for decades and done nothing to stop that behivor.

If you think there aren't organized atheists, what the hell is the Communist Party, then? It's hypocritical for you not to renounce your atheism since prominent atheists have committed the worst atrocities in the history of man. You think mass murder of millions is equivalent to a few wayward priests bothering boys?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I am self-employed. We used to have a great private health insurance plan. Our whole family of seven had a family plan for $460/month. In late 2014, we got notice that the plan would be discontinued, that we had to move to an 0bamacare-approved plan. Comparable 0bamacare plan with a $6000 deductible----$1400/ a month. I was outraged

It wasn't long before it was put to the test. In 2015, I tore my quadriceps tendon off the kneecap. That was major leg surgery. The total bill was $13000. (As a self-pay, you keep costs down.) Samaritan members covered it all. No deductible. Physical therapy included. I didn't pay a dime!!!! Many even sent encouraging notes. People taking care of people. No wasted cost. True Christian charity. Exactly the way insurance and ALL GOVERNMENT SERVICES should be run!
Health Care for the entire USA is 10K per person per year. Average.

The ACA is NOT administered by government, but by insurance companies.

Medicare has a 2% administration cost - some say 5%, so that means 95% goes back to YOU and I.
Typical good ACA plans are limited to about a 15% administration cost - meaning 85% is "sent back" to you and I.

Your story is an anecdote. At some age most of those "Christians" will go on Medicare or Medicaid and cost ME billions. I could just as well tell a story about a bunch of healthy 20-30 years old where health care costs are 25% of "normal"....because they ARE.

The Bible Belt, all in all, is less healthy then the rest of the country. Statistic matter. Anecdotes do not.

So, how do they tell if you had sex somewhere? Divorce in the Bible Belt is very high.....it only makes sense that a lot of Divorce is caused by such.....

Sorry, but this does not compute. As I said it is no different than a bunch of young people not having any insurance at all and then saying "hey, look how much we saved..be like us"......

Here is another situation. A lot of diseases are genetic. So, let's say 10 of the members are born with something like NF2 or other such thing.(often not hereditary, but a spontaneous mutation...like MANY diseases).

These members of your club can cost 2-10 million dollars in surgeries and help throughout their lives. Does your plan have a couple 100 million in reserves like any insurance company would be required to have?

Hey, guess what? I'm 65 and have never been in the hospital. Never broke a bone. I'd be surprised if I "cost" the medical system $500 a year (compounded value) throughout my entire life.

Does that mean we can cover everyone for $500 a year?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Duty bound? By whom?

I seem to recall someone saying something about “he who is without sin, cast the first stone.....”
Condemning evil acts is not the same as judging whether someone will get to heaven or not.

But there is also the verse about warning your brother about the sin he is committing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies