Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 10:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
So your 'solution' is just to kill the kids in advance. Wonderful.
Have any better solutions?

And remember, we don't live in Mt. Cheese utopia where everyone knows and practices proper birth control.

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Not conflicted at all. If you adopt special needs kids, you pay for them. If you can't, don't adopt them.
Sounds like the "Christian" thing to do.

958 posts, read 304,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
so they won't pay your medical expenses if you drink "DP"? (Diet Pepsi?) and don't exercise? Wow, I'm surprised they don't put video cameras in your house and car so that they can make sure you are living right.
Sorry, they can't pay for made-up mental health claims. It's a bottomless pit, and they'd go out of business. But they handle real claims very very well. And that is all most people need.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Have any better solutions?

Yeah. Adopt them and take care of them. That's what I did.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
"If you like your junk insurance, you can keep your junk insurance" ???

No thanks. I'll take Medicare For All. Universal coverage for all Americans everywhere. I don't want a Christian death panel to tell me I'm not worthy of care because I sinned.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:13 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Isiah told me to eat, drink, and be merry. So I assume sclerosis of the liver will be covered?

Thanks jesus!

Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
charolastra00, this is not directed at you, but your comment is relevant.

Are you proud of yourself now, OP? Is this what you learned in Sunday school, when you were told to spread the Gospel? You have not said one single thing in this entire thread that would be appealing to a non-believer, and plenty of things that are deeply offensive to Christians who don't share your contempt for anyone you deem unworthy.

I won't say you aren't a Christian - as I may have mentioned before, that is not my call. I will, however, say that you are, at least in terms of your speech and your attitude, the most deeply embarrassing Christian I have encountered in a very long time. It really ticks me off to feel like I have to make apologies for an entire faith because of the hatred you've been spewing here, but I keep doing it, because God forbid anyone base their opinion of all Christians on anything you have said.
Please. Let's take the personal attacks to room members elsewhere. I don't do them, and I don't expect others to. Let's stick to the topic at hand, which is Christian health care.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I didn't have a caregiver (like many young adult cancer patients) and also had to work full time through treatment. Between chemo every other week (knocking me out for 4 or 5 days at a time), 40 hour workweek, 2 hours of commuting, multiple appointments weekly for bloodwork, lung issues, and mental health (though apparently, that wouldn't be covered).

I truly can't imagine having to deal with hundreds of separate checks paying for hundreds of separate appointments, procedures, & medications that I needed to individually report and reconcile.

It might be great to deal with a relatively simple, relatively minor complaint (like a torn ligament), but certainly not for anything more complicated.

Had I needed a stem cell transplant, that would have been close to 1 million dollars in care with months in isolation at the hospital. And on top of that I would have had to deal with over a thousand checks coming in? No way.
I don't know how these Christian cost-share plans would work for any major medical treatment such as yours.

In the first place, $250K is the limit and you would have to pay up front. No serious medical facility will sign a patient up for treatment without insurance or cash on the barrel head.

They might have social workers to help you get signed up with actual insurance, Medicaid, or some charity program. But there is no way they could afford to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical care on the by and by plan.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:15 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
And this is different from other presidents....how?
Other presidents are not traveling every other weekend to none government locations...

Old 02-04-2019, 10:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Sorry, they can't pay for made-up mental health claims. It's a bottomless pit, and they'd go out of business. But they handle real claims very very well. And that is all most people need.
Untill they need more that 120 days of a medication, or have a very expensive condition, or adopt a child, or have an ectopic pregnancy, etc.

So basically it all you need until you need more coverage, then you are stuck with piles of bills and probably getting on medicaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies