Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times

Advertisements

I was born to two parents who DID NOT WANT ME. I was physically abused until I got big enough to fight back...and actually do some damage. I was emotionally abused for 17 years...because before I turned 18, I joined the Navy, and I never EVER went back to my parents again!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
I love it! More compassionate liberalism. The intake of sugar and excretion of waste justifies killing.
Actually, the child is a parasite.

You'd get rid of a tapeworm, why not this other parasite?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:47 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So why ISN'T that happening? Let us deal with the reality we have, instead of the reality we wish to have.
Maybe PPs focus is too much on abortion as to providing low cost birth control (which I do know they do, maybe they need to be much more vocal about that part of their business)

As to dealing with the reality that we have, yes abortion will always be present....it always has been always will be. But to expect it to be tax payer funded is beyond the pale. PP is a business, let it operate as a business or as a hospital when they have people who cannot/will not pay. Why ask it from the government in the form of a medicaid payment? Because truly, if an abortion was medically necesary it would be performed by a gyn at a hospital or out patient surgerical center, not pp.

So, lets let PP figure it out. They seem to make a hefty profit, maybe they could set up their own indigent fund.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Because a baby is not a tapeworm. Show me evidence that a fetus has the potential to develop into a variety of animal species. It cannot. It is human, and can only become a human.

I'm sorry your parents were abusing ....well, there isn't a word strong enough. But that is who they were, and bears no reflection on you.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Because a baby is not a tapeworm. Show me evidence that a fetus has the potential to develop into a variety of animal species. It cannot. It is human, and can only become a human.

I'm sorry your parents were abusing ....well, there isn't a word strong enough. But that is who they were, and bears no reflection on you.
Show me anything to show that a baby is capable of caring for itself for any period between conception and...let's say three years of age.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:

I hope the apple gets to roll further from the tree.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Show me anything to show that a baby is capable of caring for itself for any period between conception and...let's say three years of age.
So are you proposing that anyone that cannot care for him/herself should be subject to a retro active abortion?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I will not stoop to the assignation of character that seems to be ok with some proponents of this issue...

How many people in America are waiting on an adoption list somewhere, and adopting in other countries because there just aren't enough babies here?

264,943 abortions, attained a high profit of $55.8 million doesn't really look like a small portion to me...
Those people in America could adopt one of the many thousands of children in orphanages throughout the US - no need to import more kids. Those children in our own orphanages are in need of just as much love as those import babies - wouldn't you agree?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Those people in America could adopt one of the many thousands of children in orphanages throughout the US - no need to import more kids. Those children in our own orphanages are in need of just as much love as those import babies - wouldn't you agree?
What happened to choice?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What orphanages? Where? Give me an address.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies