Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Let's be honest: They remain butthurt that Maher destroys Trump every Friday night. .
I actually usually fast forward through his "stand up" at the beginning of the show every time now. His 'hate-Trump' routine got really old, really fast for me.

BTW, if any of you are wondering, all of these full episodes are free on Youtube these days. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:09 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
In this case I really do just believe it's yet another example of the extreme left reading WAAAAY into something that normal, healthy-thinking people wouldn't in a million years conceive as "racist".

But like I said, the SJWs have proven that they will stop at nothing and they will destroy anybody if their feelings are in any way touched.
This. ^

I saw the clip. Getting "racism" from it is a long hard stretch. But SJW's always seem to manage it somehow.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
This. ^

I saw the clip. Getting "racism" from it is a long hard stretch. But SJW's always seem to manage it somehow.
Okay. For a minute there I thought I might have not been seeing it or hearing it right, but it was really a simply off-the-cuff type of thing.

It could have been a white guy sitting next to him and he would have used the same "Popeye's Chicken" thing. It's just that the guy sitting next to him was a POC, so the SJWs deemed it a gross miscarriage of justice.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:33 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The perpetually offended rightwing is always looking to pounce on the musings of a late night HBO comedian. How sad is that?

Let's be honest: They remain butthurt that Maher destroys Trump every Friday night. When Maher made his "house n****r" joke on his show, the next week he had Ice Cube on his show to explain to him why he shouldn't have said that.

The difference is Ice Cube, and all of his black guests, know that Maher is not a racist. If he gets a "pass" for these bad jokes, it's because black people can tell the difference between a racist and jokes told in poor taste.
Sure, the writer of Cave B**** knows racism.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:03 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
He left out the collared greens, grape juice, and watermelon.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
In this case I really do just believe it's yet another example of the extreme left reading WAAAAY into something that normal, healthy-thinking people wouldn't in a million years conceive as "racist".

But like I said, the SJWs have proven that they will stop at nothing and they will destroy anybody if their feelings are in any way touched.
Seems to me it's the extreme right who are losing their minds over this.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
This. ^

Again - it's the extreme RIGHT who is making an issue of this.

I saw the entire show and didn't even register any reference to 'fried chicken'. But Republicans will always find something to whine about.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Seems to me it's the extreme right who are losing their minds over this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Again - it's the extreme RIGHT who is making an issue of this.

I saw the entire show and didn't even register any reference to 'fried chicken'. But Republicans will always find something to whine about.
Who are on the "right" that are calling for his head? Please give me examples.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:33 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Okay. For a minute there I thought I might have not been seeing it or hearing it right, but it was really a simply off-the-cuff type of thing.

It could have been a white guy sitting next to him and he would have used the same "Popeye's Chicken" thing. It's just that the guy sitting next to him was a POC, so the SJWs deemed it a gross miscarriage of justice.
The "outrage" (which I have yet to see as I haven't been on Twitter or wherever outrage occurs) does not stem from the Popeye's remark he made to Will Hurd (which, honestly didn't even hit my radar because I don't think of Popeye's as tied to African-Americans). The remark was in his monologue have to do with Black History Month and Trump's absolute lack of knowledge about black people. He said:

"Besides the lies and the crazy [President Donald Trump] is just aggressively stupid. It’s black history month, so he went into the Rose Garden and pardoned a bucket of chicken.”

Old 02-03-2019, 09:23 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
How is it that any American can point a finger to alleged racism when we have a president who has repeatedly used racial remarks? I think everyone has seen and heard the Billy Bush video in which Trump said he controls women by, "grabbing them by the *****."

https://mic.com/articles/186374/nava...ent#.8PK3htiMK

The "Pocahontas" term used to demean Sen. Warren is the same as labeling a person like Oprah as Aunt Jemima. Without a question "Pocahontas" is racist as Trump used it.

If you want to point fingers then start with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies