Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

It seems this is going on all over the world.. easy pickings for low life scum to ply their ugly trade using women as well as children, and I dont feel enough is being done.. one man who is standing up to it is Tony Schiena... many more like this man are needed as well as more police and governements taking heed of whats going on and doing more about it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0dBOWrAq8&t=248s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:18 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
They just had a huge bust in California where hundreds were arrested.

With Super Bowl today there was attention given to how trafficking increases during such events.

It's unfortunately a problem that will never go away.

Also, what's annoying is when people bring up the thought of legalizing prostitution whenever sex trafficking of underage girls is discussed. Legal prostitution has absolutely nothing to do with trafficking underage girls.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:35 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
I agree it is a widespread problem. And often well-hidden.

It's sometimes's difficult to tell if household help have been trafficked. There have been cases where even the victim thinks they are merely working off the cost of getting out of an impoverished country. Of course, they never can.

Even the sex trafficking of people (all ages, both genders) is well-hidden.

I'm glad to see more education, PSAs for most of us, formal training for medical and other emergency persons.

Personally, I support Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT). Victims, both domestic and of sex crimes, get moved around a lot. Truck drivers are in a unique position to observe this. The organization has done a lot of good and is growing.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:47 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Donald Trump is trying to stand up to human trafficking but the Dems are obstructing. Kind of like they obstructed Abe Lincoln from the same thing when they obstructed his efforts to stop slavery.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:49 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Donald Trump is trying to stand up to human trafficking but the Dems are obstructing. Kind of like they obstructed Abe Lincoln from the same thing when they obstructed his efforts to stop slavery.
How or why are they obstructing this.. is it just to go against Trump..

Old 02-03-2019, 07:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
How or why are they obstructing this.. is it just to go against Trump..
The claim is the wall will solve human trafficking. It wont.

The flyover state in which I live is one of the worst.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:32 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:

Old 02-03-2019, 10:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
How are the Dems obstructing him?

Are they blocking enforcement?
Trying to make sex trafficking legal?

I would really like to understand why you came to this conclusion.
And surely you must want to share this info so that others can see that your views are just, right?

So?

As for the OP, it’s an issue in my area as it is everywhere.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...king/484277330

While I am glad that the forces that combine during these big events call attention to this horror, I wish it didn’t melt into the background at other times of the year.

It’s well past time for every state to change their statutes to disallow child brides and for the immigration laws to change to disallow same.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.16e9254b3a20

https://immigrationreform.com/2019/0...ionreform-com/

It should not be acceptable for anyone to use a child sexually, illegally or legally.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Demand is the problem here. They will never even put dent in human/child trafficking using laws and enforcement...there is SOOO much demand for children and woman for sexual purposes, its supply and demand...someone WILL step up to supply, if they get caught or arrested, another will just take their place.

Its amazing to me, we cannot get past this mentality of using law enforcement, to deal with these kinds of problems, the drug war is similar, everyone says they learned their lesson with alcohol prohibition, but It seems they havent, they are using the same old methods that have failed over and over again?! It makes you start to wonder, if stopping or reducing it is really the goal.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:14 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
I'll believe the Dems care get they get on board with building good barriers to deter illegal entry into our country for any purpose until then, no. They act like if they don't deter illegal entry 100% they are useless. It's just an excuse for not doing the right thing. Yet they were certainly on board for it in 2006 along with some sell out Republicans today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies