Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Democrats' new abortion position?
Yes, choosing whether a baby lives or dies after birth is a decision between a woman and her doctor. 15 11.45%
No, this is premeditated murder. 108 82.44%
Not sure/don't know/undecided/other 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I see you've been "had" by the propaganda.

No doctor would do this. Go ahead and continue to misrepresent though. It apparently works.
Yes, they would...and have.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dr...gosnell-trial/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Excepting of course the OP provides nothing factual in support of the allegations made.
It's not my fault you're ill-informed.

You may start your quest for knowledge by reading articles in Time, Newsweek and US News & World Report, and, of course, the New York Times around the time of Roe v Wade.

Then, you can cruise the Planned Parenthood web-site for info on 2nd trimester abortions.

And, then, you can read the 2003 federal law that banned partial-birth abortions, and then Gonzalez v Carhart where the Supreme Court ruled by a 5-4 vote that Congress's ban on partial-birth abortion was not unconstitutionally vague and did not impose an undue burden on the right to an abortion.

Finally, you can read the new bill proposed in the Virginia legislature that would loosen restrictions on abortions during the third trimester of pregnancy, and allow them.

Then you will be properly informed and not make asinine comments.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Little surprised at what NY just did. I'm generally pro-choice but man, there has to be limits here. This up to dilation/9 months isn't what I think many people think of and can stomach.
Ok. Ill just post the section of the bill so there is no reason not to read it.

§ 2599-BB. ABORTION. 1. A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER LICENSED, CERTI-
FIED, OR AUTHORIZED UNDER TITLE EIGHT OF THE EDUCATION LAW, ACTING WITH-
IN HIS OR HER LAWFUL SCOPE OF PRACTICE, MAY PERFORM AN ABORTION WHEN,
ACCORDING TO THE PRACTITIONER'S REASONABLE AND GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL
JUDGMENT BASED ON THE FACTS OF THE PATIENT'S CASE: THE PATIENT IS WITHIN
TWENTY-FOUR WEEKS FROM THE COMMENCEMENT OF PREGNANCY, OR THERE IS AN
ABSENCE OF FETAL VIABILITY, OR THE ABORTION IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE
PATIENT'S LIFE OR HEALTH.

2. THIS ARTICLE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND APPLIED CONSISTENT WITH AND
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS AND APPLICABLE AND AUTHORIZED REGULATIONS
GOVERNING HEALTH CARE PROCEDURES.
§ 3. Section 4164 of the public health law is REPEALED.
§ 4. Subdivision 8 of section 6811 of the education law is REPEALED.

S. 240 3 A. 21

§ 5. Sections 125.40, 125.45, 125.50, 125.55 and 125.60 of the penal
law are REPEALED, and the article heading of article 125 of the penal
law is amended to read as follows:
HOMICIDE[, ABORTION] AND RELATED OFFENSES
§ 6. Section 125.00 of the penal law is amended to read as follows:
§ 125.00 Homicide defined.
Homicide means conduct which causes the death of a person [or an
unborn child with which a female has been pregnant for more than twen-
ty-four weeks] under circumstances constituting murder, manslaughter in
the first degree, manslaughter in the second degree, OR criminally
negligent homicide[, abortion in the first degree or self-abortion in
the first degree].
§ 7. The section heading, opening paragraph and subdivision 1 of
section 125.05 of the penal law are amended to read as follows:
Homicide[, abortion] and related offenses; [definitions of terms]
DEFINITION.
The following [definitions are] DEFINITION IS applicable to this arti-
cle:
[1.] "Person," when referring to the victim of a homicide, means a
human being who has been born and is alive.

"up to dilation/9 months" or after 24 weeks gestation better known as late term abortion was already law-only permitted if it's necessary to protect the mother's life or health. This bill added: or there's an "absence of fetal viability."

Now tell me what is so horrible about this and what needs to be limited?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:08 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Do I support parents and doctors who make the decision not to provide extraordinary measures to prolong the lives of terminally ill babies, yes I do. That’s really all we are talking about here, legally. No one is or will be legally letting healthy babies die because their mothers changed their minds. You people will always bring up Gosnell, who is a monster and did nothing legally. Laws will not protect people like that and equating suffering parents with terminally ill babies making medical decisions in the best interests of their children to that monster makes YOU a monster too. It’s hot where you are going, bring water.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:57 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Why trust doctors and their patients when is is much more fun to consider yourself more holy and moral than the ***** murder mother?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Do I support parents and doctors who make the decision not to provide extraordinary measures to prolong the lives of terminally ill babies, yes I do. That’s really all we are talking about here, legally. No one is or will be legally letting healthy babies die because their mothers changed their minds. You people will always bring up Gosnell, who is a monster and did nothing legally. Laws will not protect people like that and equating suffering parents with terminally ill babies making medical decisions in the best interests of their children to that monster makes YOU a monster too. It’s hot where you are going, bring water.
No need to bring up anyone else than the doctor who uttered the words himself! You are naïve!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's not my fault you're ill-informed.

You may start your quest for knowledge by reading articles in Time, Newsweek and US News & World Report, and, of course, the New York Times around the time of Roe v Wade.

Then, you can cruise the Planned Parenthood web-site for info on 2nd trimester abortions.

And, then, you can read the 2003 federal law that banned partial-birth abortions, and then Gonzalez v Carhart where the Supreme Court ruled by a 5-4 vote that Congress's ban on partial-birth abortion was not unconstitutionally vague and did not impose an undue burden on the right to an abortion.

Finally, you can read the new bill proposed in the Virginia legislature that would loosen restrictions on abortions during the third trimester of pregnancy, and allow them.

Then you will be properly informed and not make asinine comments.

Speaking of asinine comments, let's start with the first line of the OP: WHICH of the sources you cite factually support "With liberals now celebrating the death of full grown babies at birth" ? Which if you read the OP is the only thing put forth as fact rather than opinion. Prove it or I guess we'll know who's really ill-informed.

Last edited by burdell; 02-06-2019 at 07:30 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM

550 posts, read 368,594 times
I think this started because of VA Gov. Northam's idiot response to a question on late-term abortion. Here's how the AP quoted him: He said if a woman were to desire an abortion as she’s going into labor, the baby would be delivered and “resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue” between doctors and the mother.

The follow-up question would have been what if the mother and the family didn't want to resuscitate the baby. I would hope it's obvious to Northam (although clearly from his yearbook photos, he's an idiot) as well as everyone on this board that it's murder to kill a baby after birth.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Default Do You Support the Democrats' New Abortion Position

Just wondering how people feel about the Democrats' new abortion position. That position was articulated by Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, when he stated that one option would be to deliver the baby, make him or her comfortable, and then have a discussion with the mother about whether the baby should live or die.

Personally, I strongly disagree. What do you think?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:51 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Majority of Americans are against late term abortion and have always been, long before Trump was President. I've never understood why, if the baby is practically full term, it wouldn't just be delivered and given away.

I have no problem with abortion in the first three or four months, though, since most miscarriages happen then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies