Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM

858 posts, read 424,020 times

Advertisements

The title of this thread gave me a good laugh. Who uses "melting" to describe being pissed off? LOL this board is hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:42 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Baloney. Another in the never ending series of "The left" threads. What did shock me was that The Right went crazy when Jackson popped a button but had nothing to say when Levine ripped off his own top and went bare-chested. Why the gender discrimination? Where is the outrage?
The right and care about gender discrimination? Does not compute.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quick!

Which logical fallacies are presented when:

a poster equates one person as representing an entire group of people; and
a poster equates criticism of something or someone as "melting"?

Old 02-04-2019, 08:47 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not my style either. Different generation. I wonder what all that body art is going to look like when they get old, bloated and saggy.
The generation that got the tattoos, but in hidden places thus "the tramp stamp" has already gotten old and saggy. The generation with visible tattoos everywhere is entering their middle ages

Old 02-04-2019, 08:51 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Mark Geragos, the lawyer for death row inmate Scott Peterson and briefly defending Michael Jackson before Michael realized he needed a real lawyer, criticized Maroon 5 and other for performing during the Super Bowl.

Whatever the performance political stands are, most people don’t care, as most people want a night of enjoyment of sports, music and ad’s that make and made the Super Bowl what it suppose to be.

It seems that some smart brains realize that standing with losers like Mark Geragos and his clients, is not helping their own career.

I applaud the decision of all attendees for making the Super Bowl about sports, music and ads.

Mark Geragos is just interested to milk his milk cow and that cow is no longer giving milk!

Now we can discuss which songs or performances we like, which ad was good, bad or so so and how Tom Brady made history again!

Congrats to the Patriots, just their name alone is special!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...nick-maroon-5/

Not only all of that (), but Gladys Knight looked gorgeous, sang beautifully (as usual)--and announced weeks ago that she didn't have to "defend" her decision to appear, pointing out for those who missed it, that sports should be removed from politics.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:55 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
The title of this thread gave me a good laugh. Who uses "melting" to describe being pissed off? LOL this board is hilarious.
Would you prefer "Cat 5 chimpout"?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
The only objection I have with the superbowl is that it was boring this year. The game was blah, the half time show was boring, and there were no real stand out commercials this year. The best commercial in my opinion was the NFL commercial, the rest were meh.

On the bright side the pulled pork burritos I made were yummy, and the kids had fun playing exploding kittens.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
I didn’t watch even a second of the game or Maroon 5 so how could I be melting exactly?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:15 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I guess I'm no longer part of the left since I felt no political objection against the halftime show.

I do think Maroon 5 is highly overrated and that their halftime performance was rather underwhelming. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga had far more daring and impressive shows.

I don't mind Maroon 5 , and actually like a few of their songs. As far as the half time show... it just seemed boring. Vanilla would be a fitting term. One of the better halftime shows I can remember was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so I'm kind of comparing it to that.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:25 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't mind Maroon 5 , and actually like a few of their songs. As far as the half time show... it just seemed boring. Vanilla would be a fitting term. One of the better halftime shows I can remember was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so I'm kind of comparing it to that.
Nothing compares to the perfection of Prince bringing it home in the pouring rain in 2007. There have been a few ok ones since, but that Maroon 5 guy screams boring, generic d-bag. The fire balls going off didn't align with the blandness happening on the stage. It was all wrong. The whole game was a snooze fest. I'm even sick of the Patriots and I'm in Pats country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies