Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:59 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where the Hell have you been ? 4 Years ago, we had sub $2 gas , everything I own runs on Premium, and I was paying around $ 2.25 for that.

So, for all you Trumpee cheerleaders, please educate the rest of us on EXACTLY the actions Trump has enacted to cause this miracle...…….I would LOVE to hear some of your answers !
I thought you'd stay away from this topic because about 2 years ago you were blaming Trump for high gas prices after stating here during the Obama administration that the president didn't control gas prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The wide price difference in fuel from one state to the next is usually because of fuel taxes. California has one of the highest.
Yep. The biggest drivers are:

1) State Gas Tax
2) Cost of land\operation for the specific location (meaning a gas station along the interstate in the middle of iowa costs less to build, pay employees, regulation costs than one in LA where land is more expensive etc. (same reason why a big mac is more expensive one place than the other)
3) Special refinery blends, regulations etc.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:09 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He presided over the biggest domestic oil boom in history

Which would of occurred with or without him. In this case without him. Can you provide a singe policy initiative by the Obama administration that was intended to help the fracking industry? You can find plenty of them that weren't helping.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Which would of occurred with or without him. In this case without him. Can you provide a singe policy initiative by the Obama administration that was intended to help the fracking industry? You can find plenty of them that weren't helping.
Did they need help? Sounds like you're pushing for corporate welfare. No thanks

Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
OK boys and girls...here is how the cost of fuel at the pump is controlled:

"Changes in gasoline and diesel prices mirror changes in crude oil prices. Those changes are determined in the global crude oil market by the worldwide demand for and supply of crude oil. " link.

Believe it or not....the clown in the white house has nothing to do with it.

Don't believe the link I posted...look it up for yourself.

Regards
Gemstone1
FYI- Almost everyone here knows that, but it's Monday and the partisans like to take turn bickering at one another and blaming each other, taking credit etc. etc. etc.

The oil price thing really became a political meme when high gas prices during Bush were blamed on him "helping his oil buddies". I can assure you that many of the posters here believed and propagated that tall tale only to backtrack once Obama was in office. Of course the repubs are no more honest so they then attacked Obama for high prices after defending Bush....lather rinse repeat.

LOL I remember when Hillary promised to take those oil company "record profits" via constitutionally illegal asset seizure. Of course she wasn't serious, but it was a good political bit during the 2008 run-up which frankly was a good move on her part to throw out an empty populist jab.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:13 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounds like you have an agenda. Why don't you tell us how bad Obama was for the oil industry with specifics, despite history not being on your side

For starters while fracking was increasing dramatically on private land it was not occurring on federal land.

I've already pointed out a Trump policy that is opening up a lot of federal land for fracking, I'll ask again for an example of single policy initiative under Obama that was intended to help the fracking industry.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:14 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
When I first moved to KC in late 2015 it was about $1.35/gallon.

Guess who was president then?

Trumplings have short memories

Old 02-04-2019, 08:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Gas prices are as low as they have been in a long long time. Of course the liberal media never gives Trump any credit for the tremendous job he has done at the pump.

How low are gas prices in your area?
Not in Florida, they're not. And how does any President affect gas prices?

Old 02-04-2019, 08:17 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
$ 2.20 a gallon.
Haven't seen these prices since the 1980's.
Leftist will find a way to derail theses facts....................
Don't you mean 2009? Might be getting old guy...

Gas prices have hovered in the $1.40 - $2.60 range (in 2015 dollars) for most of it's history being in use.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

So, for all you Trumpee cheerleaders, please educate the rest of us on EXACTLY the actions Trump has enacted to cause this miracle...…….I would LOVE to hear some of your answers !
Now you know that they can’t answer unless they consult their leader first.

It is rather funny Trump takes credit for anything good that happens like gas, jobs, etc. Of course he can’t tell us how he did it but somehow he did it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies