Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 06:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,578,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson tied in a tragic skiing accident in 2009, I think he has been through enough since then and I am more than happy to let him be, as I don't think he's a racist, I just think he's been through some tough times.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Natasha Richardson dies aged 45

I know about the tragic circumstances of his wife's death.

He said in the interview today that the close friend that was raped has passed on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 PM

6,421 posts, read 3,920,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
ust because she wasn't willing to be friendly to him.
s
Actually, the women I know who have had problems on this front have tended to find this attitude in white men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
After 9-11, Americans were really angry with the Middle East and their Muslim terrorists. Harsh things were spoken out loud and actions were taken against American Muslims (and they are still viewed with suspicion)... so where was your outrage back then??
Oh, I'm sorry, did you know me back then? I didn't realize. Where did you know me from?

Oh, wait, you didn't! How do I know? Because I *was* outraged. What ever suggested to you that I was not? Again, you did not know me. SO. You look like a fool for making assumptions about things you could not possibly know anything about. Try sticking to facts; it works so much better.

And what has this to do with the part of my post that you quoted, anyway? How did we go from "just because someone has a 'bad' thought doesn't mean they can't immediately recognize that it's wrong, correct themself, and not voice it" to "9/11 and Muslims"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Neeson is a bonafide card carrying lefty ,He gets to say things like this, and he gets a pass.
We're having a whole thread condemning the guy, which comes on top of a bunch of other people doing the same (hence why it's news). Where's the "pass"?

Old 02-05-2019, 07:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I know about the tragic circumstances of his wife's death.

He said in the interview today that the close friend that was raped has passed on.

I think it's very possible that it was his wife he was referring to with the rape.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:21 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,578,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think it's very possible that it was his wife he was referring to with the rape.
Hmm, I'll have to go and watch it again. I am sure he was referring to the good friend.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:29 PM

2,362 posts, read 773,505 times
Quote:
Hmm, I'll have to go and watch it again. I am sure he was referring to the good friend.
Many people refer to their wife as a good friend.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. A random black man is not responsible for the rape just because the rapist shares his race. It's so ridiculous but such an emotionally comforting thing to fall into.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
No, I'm sure he's referring to the person as a good friend. I just think it may be his wife and something they never shared with the public.

Couldn't that be possible?

Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,004,072 times
I would just like to point out that Mr. Neeson did not go out looking for an innocent black man to attack. Innocent of raping his friend, yes, but innocent, no.

He went out hoping a black man would accost him, try to mug him, etc., giving him reason to defend himself and an excuse to release his rage against his friend's rapist.

If Mr. Neeson intended to attack an innocent black man I am quite sure he would have found one and there would be a different story to tell.

IMO, this is an important distinction when it comes to judging Mr. Neeson's actions all those years ago.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:42 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,239,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
What Liam Neeson described is how boys like Trayvon Martin end up dead. When a black person is carrying the weight of all black sins and assumed as guilty & are walking targets for justice seeking vigilante white people. Are we meant to praise him cause he didn’t find a victim?
Trayvon Martin ended up dead because he was a racist who thought it would be fun to beat the crap out of a "creepy cracker" and picked the wrong one.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times
Liam Neeson spoke the truth, but his words came at the wrong time due to the current social cultural and political landscape we are in.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,334,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Snowflakes are upset over an honest admission by Neeson.

However, Neeson should have darned well known that people were going to get upset in this hypersensitive day we live in, so it's on him. Seriously, he should have just kept his mouth shut, TMI. His statements served zero purpose.l[/url]
I agree. His statements served no purpose and it only inflamed people. Now he's being called names. He knew better or he should have known better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies