Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:18 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what a coincidence, after I saw Neeson's last movie, I wanted to murder someone too
Yeah, he seems to be cashing in these days on bad action movies....but enough about Starwars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,399,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Snowflakes are upset over an honest admission by Neeson.

However, Neeson should have darned well known that people were going to get upset in this hypersensitive day we live in, so it's on him. Seriously, he should have just kept his mouth shut, TMI. His statements served zero purpose.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/liam-...165255210.html
The snowflakes are the people that try to justify or encourage an attack on an innocent black person.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:55 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,587,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Except that wasn't what he was saying.
I think wanting to take out anyone other than the person that did it is wrong, either way you slice it.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's pretty cowardly to want to find some random stranger because someone else caused harm to a friend or family member. Now if he had found the actual perp and brought about some actual justice, that's one thing. But he becomes no better than the rapist when he wants to take out his anger on someone not involved in the original crime
It is a very real reaction to having someone you love raped by someone of any race...
If it had been a white guy he would have been angry with white men—
The fact that he admitted it shows he knows it was wrong—
Liam can take whatever the media wants to dish out...he has dealt with lot worse than memes...

He WAS raised in society that believed in revenge to cancel old scores—and we are talking about a conflict that went back to the time of Edward III—-LongShanks of “Braveheart” fame—-
He attacked Ireland just like Scotland—he was a pernicious king...

So Neeson has moved on from that type of response—

Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
It's pretty cowardly to want to find some random stranger because someone else caused harm to a friend or family member. Now if he had found the actual perp and brought about some actual justice, that's one thing. But he becomes no better than the rapist when he wants to take out his anger on someone not involved in the original crime
Pretty much this.

In what way is saying "I wanted an excuse to kill any 'black bastard' I saw because my friend was raped." NOT racist?

Old 02-04-2019, 05:03 PM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Snowflakes are upset over an honest admission by Neeson.

However, Neeson should have darned well known that people were going to get upset in this hypersensitive day we live in, so it's on him. Seriously, he should have just kept his mouth shut, TMI. His statements served zero purpose.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/liam-...165255210.html
Honestly, how is it any different than Jada Pinkett Smith saying she hated blondes for bullying her in high school? Both said it because they knew it was wrong to think that way, but circumstances at the time made them think that way. They both said they don’t actually act on it.

I knew a woman who was brutally raped by a stranger who broke into her home who was black. For about a year she would not get on an elevator or be in an enclosed space with a black man. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn’t help it. She no longer has that problem. If it had been a white man, she probably would have been afraid to get on elevators with lone white men but probably wouldn’t have been as fearful of all white men simply because she was white, had white brothers, etc. I’m sure black women raped by white men would feel the same way.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:14 PM

6,546 posts, read 6,703,323 times
Just proves that most Hollywood actors are excruciatingly stupid. Liam fits that bill.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:27 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,186 times
Quote:
When experiencing a traumatic event first-hand or hearing about it second-hand, the reaction can bring out words/actions that a person would normally say/do. It is hard to be rational and composed when hearing that a close friend has been raped. The fact he admitted to it being wrong and regretting and not going out and murdering/severely hurting someone not involved in the original crime is something I see as commendable.

Now, in that situation and for that week, I do agree he had a racist mindset and that was cowardly wanting to take his anger out on an uninvolved party. I see such a situation as "temporary" or "situational" racism.

Last edited by Eumaois; 02-04-2019 at 06:37 PM..

Old 02-04-2019, 06:47 PM

662 posts, read 311,817 times
I think his admission spoke even more about what a freaking moron Liam is, besides his racist mindset at the time.

I have to wonder this. If he found out the person that raped his friend/family member was white, would he have still wanted to find someone of the same race to kill? He failed to address that, but just wanting to kill someone that was black because a black person raped someone he knew speaks volumes about how stupid he is.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:22 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I think wanting to take out anyone other than the person that did it is wrong, either way you slice it.
Yeah, some dude named Mathguy wrote back in post #8 something to that effect.

I'm merely trying to help people understand that what he was saying wasn't that he was just looking for the first black person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies