Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times

Advertisements

You know what I want guys? I want people like Neeson to feel like they can continue to be honest and real without people boycotting them or forcing them to resign (in the case of CEOs or politicians), or whatever the case may be, the moment they admit they believed, did, or said things that were not so kosher in the past. Liam Neeson admits to having a bit of a racism in the past, Tulsi Gabbard was anti-gay but isn't anymore. Ok fine, but are they remorseful, do they have regret? I think that's what matters in the end. Who is the person now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 04:14 AM

8,204 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pretty much this.

In what way is saying "I wanted an excuse to kill any 'black bastard' I saw because my friend was raped." NOT racist?

My rapist was black. I was a child. I was ostracized by society because a black man had been with me even though it was rape. I was a single mother and I was never able to attract a boyfriend because every time I'd get close the guy would see my daughter and disappear. She was very dark skinned, so it's not like I could hide it. The only men that were interested in me after finding out about my daughter were other black men. I never was attracted to black men. I shouldn't have had to live the rest of my life settling for black men because white men condemned me for my victimization. I turned all black men down. I am now in my forties and have still never been asked out on my first date because of what an adult did to me as a child.

Had I been raped by a white man it would have been traumatic but society would have at least allowed me to have a future and not held it against me my whole life. I lost count of the number of times I've been accused of liking black men and people saying stuff to me like "once you go black you don't go back." It was reliving the trauma over and over again every time someone forced that on me just like my rapist would constantly mock me and tell me how much I liked it. And if I had been raped by a white man then I could've had the option to hide it. Kind of hard to hide it when you're a single mom with a bi-racial child trying to attract someone to date and have a relationship with.

And on the flipside I will have people just out the blue much of my life telling me that I need to "go find yourself a man." I did all I could to attract a man years ago when I was younger short of doing anything demeaning like beg. No man would be worth that humiliation. If a woman is worth anything then a man will ask her out at some point in her life. That is the way it is. I'm too old for a first date to matter. I am middle aged. I can no longer have children. I can never have a real family. So, I decided to stop torturing myself by looking by the time I was in my 30's. If I couldn't attract anyone when I was young, slender, and had an athletic build than I sure wouldn't now that I'm in my 40's, overweight, and plagued with debilitating health problems. But being constantly told to go get a boyfriend as though I had some kind of power to do so adds salt to the wounds. If I were worth asking out then a man would've done so by now.

I never had anyone care enough about me to get angry about what was happening to me. Liam's friend was very lucky to have someone to care about her. I'm actually very jealous. Having someone that cared about me at some point in my life would've been nice. I am not going to condemn Liam Neeson for caring about someone.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am so tired of everyone waiting for the next closeted "racist" to be outed.

Nothing to see here folks....move along.

Does saying something that is obviously racist make someone "a racist", though? We all have bad days and make mistakes.

I would argue that what you consistently do and think is what makes you who you are. If I go a day without eating meat, that doesn't make me a vegetarian. Right?

Old 02-05-2019, 04:19 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
OMG, both of you're ridiculous. You sound like a bunch of kids: "my dad can beat up your dad, trust me".
They really are, because we both know that my dad mops the floor with both their dads. What..do you think your dad's tough too Drifter? Let's set it up then. I'll talk to my dad's people and you talk to your dad's people, and we'll set it up.

I'm just warning you though, my dad's 30-0, and a triple champion, holding the super welterweight, welterweight, and super lightweight dad belts. You come at the king of dads, you best not miss.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:21 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
I admire Liam Neeson's honesty and what is forgotten is the later part of the interview where he admitted feeling dreadful and remorseful about the whole incident.
This of course will be lost in the ululating chorus of the usual woke suspects.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7OvU5JIcI

Old 02-05-2019, 04:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
You know what I want guys? I want people like Neeson to feel like they can continue to be honest and real without people boycotting them or forcing them to resign (in the case of CEOs or politicians), or whatever the case may be, the moment they admit they believed, did, or said things that were not so kosher in the past. Liam Neeson admits to having a bit of a racism in the past, Tulsi Gabbard was anti-gay but isn't anymore. Ok fine, but are they remorseful, do they have regret? I think that's what matters in the end. Who is the person now?
Agreed.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:26 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Here we go again....

It wasn't a white man in a pick up truck that killed your daughter...........
It wasn't a group of white kids that attempted to instigate a riot with an old indigenous man.
It wasn't anybody at this point that attacked a movie star...........

The media is thirsty for proof that white men want to assault and murder black people to forward their agenda...
Get real.... Everybody can assault and murder anybody.

Now the media have sunken their heels deeper and hunting for anyone who had
thoughts of mocking or killing black people attacking a governor and a movie star.
The leftists media is sick sick sick....................
Start by getting closer to God.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Well thankful an innocent "black bastard" didn't accidently step on his foot or bump up against him.

I am glad his rage didn't get the best of him. He probably feels a big sigh of relief now that it is off his chest.

Since no one was hurt, I forgive his racist attitude...and stupidity.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Here we go again....

It wasn't a white man in a pick up truck that killed your daughter...........
It wasn't a group of white kids that attempted to instigate a riot with an old indigenous man.
It wasn't anybody at this point that attacked a movie star...........

The media is thirsty for proof that white men want to assault and murder black people to forward their agenda...
Get real.... Everybody can assault and murder anybody.

Now the media have sunken their heels deeper and hunting for anyone who had
thoughts of mocking or killing black people attacking a governor and a movie star.
The leftists media is sick sick sick....................
Start by getting closer to God.
What a silly post. The media isn't doing anything. This was just an admission from an actor and the media reported it. You act like this was some breaking news alert.

Don't worry, Crooked Trump is still the their target.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:20 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You should do the same. I did read what he said. AGAIN, he took a weapon and looked for someone to cause a problem with him - some random person, he didn't care. That's sick no matter how you try to play it off.
Well, you and others have stopped describing him looking for the first innocent person so that is a fine improvement.

I explained that his views were wrong earlier in the thread.

Feel free to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies