Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should any exemptions for vaccinations be allowed?
Yes - only religious and medical 5 2.94%
Yes - only medical 62 36.47%
Yes - medical, religious and philosophical 26 15.29%
Yes - only religious 1 0.59%
No exemptions at all. 76 44.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You heard incorrectly. When measles was endemic in the US, about 500 reported deaths occurred every year, and probably many more not reported as measles deaths. You would be hard put to find even ONE medically verified death due to measles vaccine. If you are tempted to post statistics from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), keep in mind that VAERS itself says "An “adverse event” is any health problem or “side effect” that happens after a vaccination. VAERS cannot determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but can determine if further investigation is needed."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

How many fatalities have to occur before you think a disease is fatal? Currently, the rate is about 1 in 1000 cases.

Vaccines are not "forced". There are no vaccines required to exist here in the US. There are no fines or jail sentences for not getting vaccinated. The courts have upheld school/job vaccine mandates. The money from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) comes from a tax paid by the vaccine manufacturers, not from general taxes. It is easier to get an award from NVICP than through the courts. 80% of NVICP awards are "no fault" and for the others, less evidence is needed than in the court system.
You have to ask permission not to get them if you want kids to go to public school. This shouldn't be happening. Parental choice for medical intervention should trump the schools demand. It doesn't. And vaccines are mandatory for public schools in California.

And there are jobs where if you do not get them? You will be fired. Ask my neighbor. She'll tell you all about it. She was told get it or you're fired. She works at a govt facility.

What "should" happen is not what is "actually" happening.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,819 times
It's very simple:

Vaccinations involve side effects, vaccinations involve injecting a foreign substance into someone's body

You cannot force someone to get it period. Someone can make whatever excuse they want, you cannot require someone to be injected. However, if public schools want to require non-vaccinated students to stay home during epidemics, this is fine.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
People are not free to put others lives in danger though. You can't drive 100 mph and claim 'it's my free choice!'
A person not getting a vaccine does not put anyone in danger.

[In fact, it's been shown that whooping cough resurgence has been caused through shedding of the vaccine itself, and the vaccine is contributing to people getting sick, not saving them being sick.]

No one has the right to tell you what to do with your own body. That's called slavery.

And actually if you want to drive 100 mph you can. No one is stopping you from doing so. I see people driving 100 mph on the interstate all the time.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:43 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Compulsory vaccination laws have been upheld by the Supreme Court. See Jacobson v. Massachusetts, which also created the only exemption necessary, a medical one.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:56 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
any parent is able under current law to not vaccinate their child. I support parents' rights to not vaccinate for whatever reason.

However, unless the child's vaccination is prohibited for medical reasons, unvaccinated children should not be allowed to attend public k-12 school or public universities.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-06-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,965,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If the vaccines so well then those who do get it shouldn’t have to worry about those that don’t. Unless your not sure they don’t.
Do try to keep up here, okay? I am vaccinated. I'm not worried. But not everyone can be vaccinated. They are worried and I am worried for them. I got my flu shot not because I care if I get the flu or even ever get it anyway, but because what would have been a few days of unpleasantness for my young and healthy self would have been devastating if passed on to my elderly ill mother, with whom I was not willing to take any chance in spite of her own vaccination. But according to you, as long as I was covered, I didn't need to worry 'bout nobody else. Lovely when that attitude is present in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
What does that even mean? Its just a silly platitude.

An infectious disease doesn't give a flying **** that you don't know the difference between your innate immune system and your adaptive immune system, and it also does give a **** what size you are. But your adaptive immune system can only work if its previously been exposed to an antigen of the pathogen. That's millions of years of immune evolution that doesn't care what ideology you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
Personally I don't care, I don't think the government needs to be involved in telling parents what's best for their children, you don't want to have your children vaccinated that's your business not mine or the governments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Is a bad diet infectious?
Are drugs infectious?
Are cigarettes infectious?
Is sloth/laziness infectious?

If not - what the heck are you talking about.
It has stopped letting me give you rep... which is too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
One more time you can’t give everyone the SAME vaccination and expect it to work on everybody.
Yeeeeesssss... that was precisely the point. Absolutely and literally the point being made. So, in your own words, ONE. MORE. TIME: Vaccines have different levels of effectiveness for everyone, SO, you vaccinate everyone in the hopes that enough people will be immune enough to protect those who are less so. If it's not clear to you by this point, after this has been stated over and over, by multiple people, there's nothing more we can do to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
Personally I don't care, I don't think the government needs to be involved in telling parents what's best for their children, you don't want to have your children vaccinated that's your business not mine or the governments.
We can get rid of all child protection laws, then, because the parent always knows best? Interesting viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
All 3 should be allowed. If the government sticks its nose where it doesn't belong I will just be forced to homeschool my kids....ugh how horrible! They might actually learn something other than propaganda mixed with facts.
If it's so much better, than do it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How many people are killed every year because of drugs (vehicle accidents, violence, child abuse, etc).

Those who are vaccinated are not really much at risk.

Just for clarification I am in favor of most vaccinations and am not in favor of alcohol and pot being illegal.
But we are not discussing those other things here. If you wish to talk about them, please feel free to start another thread regarding those topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A person not getting a vaccine does not put anyone in danger.

[In fact, it's been shown that whooping cough resurgence has been caused through shedding of the vaccine itself, and the vaccine is contributing to people getting sick, not saving them being sick.]

No one has the right to tell you what to do with your own body. That's called slavery.

And actually if you want to drive 100 mph you can. No one is stopping you from doing so. I see people driving 100 mph on the interstate all the time.
Link to medical journal, please?

And actually, police stop people from driving 100 mph. And just because you see people doing it doesn't make it right. I see news stories about horrific accidents caused by speeding as well.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Compulsory vaccination laws have been upheld by the Supreme Court. See Jacobson v. Massachusetts, which also created the only exemption necessary, a medical one.
I'm not finding any info re medical exemption as the only exemption in Massachusetts. It still allows religious exemptions.

https://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/st...achusetts.aspx
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents...ons-school.pdf

Old 02-06-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Which anti-vax website told you that nonsense? The whooping cough vaccine isn't even a live virus and cannot shed. If it's being spread from a baby who got the vaccine, they already had it and were just asymptomatic.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not finding any info re medical exemption as the only exemption in Massachusetts. It still allows religious exemptions.

https://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/st...achusetts.aspx
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents...ons-school.pdf
I didn't say it's the only one available. Just that the medical one created by that case is the only one necessary.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:06 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
I want them to vaccinate me because I believe everything the government says. They've NEVER EVER in their history shown evidence to collude with big pharma.

NEVER!!!!

NOT ONCE!!!!

MONSANTO DOESN'T EXIST!!!!

THE GOVERNMENT NEVER LIED!!!!

Please inject me. I don't care what it is. Just inject me. It doesn't matter that I'm strong and healthy and unlikely to be affected by an outbreak that those who are weaker are, just inject me. I don't care. I'm an idiot.

I do whatever I'm told like a good little sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.