Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:10 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Exactly! I'm wondering when SJWs will start boycotting teriyaki restaurants for serving white rice? Soon it will be mandatory to include just a few pieces of brown rice otherwise it may be seen as racist.

Sure I jest but that's just my point (and yours I'm assuming). SJW's sit around and drum up brand new scenarios of what is racist, ad nauseum. So the definition is growing by the day. So yes, racist as defined by whom is a very valid question!!!!!!!
If something's racist it just is. Why spend so much effort getting worked up over the opinons of people you don't agree with in the first place. America is a country built on racism if you're unable to see that then maybe you are the racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 12:21 PM

36,520 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact the left has diluted the term racist with ignorant claims of racism doesn’t mean racists are not among us. If you judge people negatively simply based on race you are a racist. No, thinking Obama was a crappy President does not make you a racist.
So where are all these racists?
I live in a predominately white, rural, southern area. One would assume such a place to be the epitome of racism yet I have known very few who judge people negatively simply based on race.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:24 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Seems like a random, directionless thread that is equivalent to "bad people- they are bad- because they are bad, don't like them- okay?"

Perhaps you could define for us what you mean by "racist", as anymore it has nothing to do with race or skin color and is more like "any behavior that does not agree with strict liberal political dogma".

Today people are called "racists" for the most curious things that range from not agreeing with former President Obama's policies vs not liking bagels with cream cheese. A previously weighty and condemning term, "racist" has lost much of its previous meaning and is delegated as a liberal retort when they really don't know what to say, which is often.

Bigotry is another term that might be more useful in this discussion. Racism is a subset of bigotry, a particular form related to race. But to answer the question not particularly "sorry" for either of them.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Um, no?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:28 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
The fact the left has diluted the term racist with ignorant claims of racism doesn’t mean racists are not among us. If you judge people negatively simply based on race you are a racist. No, thinking Obama was a crappy President does not make you a racist.
Racists and racism does exist, but it is quite rare relative to the past; so much so that many hoaxes involving fake acts of "racism" are created to "remind" the liberal faithful that racism is still a constant and omnipresent threat.

"Driving while black" happens still today. But how many times have we seen waitresses presenting fake notes calling themselves foul ethnic names and minorities spray painting racist statements presumably directed toward them?

Remember the Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:29 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Say a White person was raised in a predominantly Black community and had bad experiences with them growing up. Sure, that White person can decide NOT to develop racial hatred for Blacks and act on it. However, it is understandable if they develop such hate and acted out on it (voting for laws that are not favorable to Blacks or attacking random Black people).

In a scenario like the above, I do have some sympathy or some level of feeling sorry for that White person.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:34 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So where are all these racists?
I live in a predominately white, rural, southern area. One would assume such a place to be the epitome of racism yet I have known very few who judge people negatively simply based on race.

They can be identified by the ones carrying the frozen bleach and a noose through the streets of Chicago at night. They are also usually invisible to surveillance cameras, so they are very hard to see. If one does see them, they are impossible to find, as they don't match the descriptions of anyone in a 100 mile radius and don't have a fixed address.

They are very elusive, cunning characters that pose a constant threat, but are rarely captured in the wild. Sometimes they can even inflict wounds on their victims that at first glance appear to be self inflicted, but close examination shows that it was simply a rare racist with two left hands. They are that devious.

One would think that it would be a dead give away to be carrying a noose around town, but they just say they are carrying rope in case someone falls off a cliff in downtown Chicago and so are ignored, as most everyone carries one or two nooses and a clan hood in their coat pockets, "just in case".

Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
I guess if you live in a homogeneous area it would not be that great a loss but in any major city I can’t imagine avoiding a significant percentage of the population
I don't know any racists...........

Old 02-05-2019, 12:38 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Racists and racism does exist, but it is quite rare relative to the past; so much so that many hoaxes involving fake acts of "racism" are created to "remind" the liberal faithful that racism is still a constant and omnipresent threat.

"Driving while black" happens still today. But how many times have we seen waitresses presenting fake notes calling themselves foul ethnic names and minorities spray painting racist statements presumably directed toward them?

Remember the Boy Who Cried Wolf?
So because waitresses, and minorities spray paint racist statements that makes it ok for our law enforcement officers to profile innocent people?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Race is more a social construct than an actual biological difference.
It's a biological difference turned into a social construct for political gain.

Who is more black? Eminem or Clarence Thomas? You could get two different answers based on your frame of reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies