Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were you impressed by the State of the Union Address?
YES 158 63.97%
NO 89 36.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:49 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
As is your opinion and everybody else's on this forum. I'll say it again. Trump cares about no one but himself.
That is not a Trump unique property... describes every single politician regardless of country.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:05 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's not a deflection.
It's calling you out on a lie.

You cannot argue that some people refuse to see facts when you yourself do the same.

That you only care about a specific set of facts is not grounds to argue that others are not using fact-based logic when they make their counter-arguments.

For whatever reasons, you've chosen to see only one small part of the whole issue and continue to needlessly argue against those who want to address the entirety of the problem.

It's a distraction, much like the president's choice to ignore that the 9/11 perpetrators were visa over-stayers from a country that he didn't add to his entry ban.

If people really cared about the security of this country, they would question why the president doesn't focus on that.

I didn't lie! I provided a "source" about the visa over stayers! You countered it with another one. Now can we get past this constant yapping about the visa over stayers? As I said, there are still thousands jumping our border illegally every month. Both they and the visa over stayers need to be addressed but it will have to be in a different way. If that's not addressing the entire problem then I don't know what is!

Your problem is that you don't like the idea of a wall to stop the border jumpers because they have been effective in doing that and that's why you keep focusing on the visa over stayers instead even under topics that are about the wall and the border jumpers. If you want to discuss the visa over stayers so bad then start a topic about them. I'll be glad to participate in that one to!

It's you and yours that keep distracting with the visa over stayers under topics about the wall and the border jumpers and the reason is as plain as day! I'm not going to get into another off topic discussion about the visa over stayers from 9/11 either!

Old 02-07-2019, 01:08 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I noticed Pelosi as she seem to be constantly standing and shuffling papers. I think she was trying to be a distraction to the Trumps speech. I find Botox Nancy amusing, not smart but amusing.

She was also talking to herself and sucking her gums and teeth throughout the SUTU address. I have seen her do it every time she's on nationwide TV. So unflattering and unprofessional.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:45 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
As is your opinion and everybody else's on this forum. I'll say it again. Trump cares about no one but himself.
If he wants to build a wall for illegal immigration, only to satisfy himself then great. Lol.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
From Adweek.

46.8 million total viewers across 12 linear TV networks watched live coverage of President Trump’s State of the Union address from 9 – 10:30 p.m. ET. 4% Growth.

This doesn't include those who watched it by streaming platform.

All in All it's YUGE.
Yes better than the first but not as good as Obama's second, better than Obama's third.-- and Obama would have streaming platforms too.....lol.

Some believe Nancy Pelosi sitting over Trump's shoulder was a big draw ---- LOLOL and to see what the Democrats in the House would do.

Woo hoo --- ratings are ratings though and Trump will take them no matter what.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
From Adweek.

46.8 million total viewers across 12 linear TV networks watched live coverage of President Trump’s State of the Union address from 9 – 10:30 p.m. ET. 4% Growth.

This doesn't include those who watched it by streaming platform.

All in All it's YUGE.
All those people got to watch Nancy Pelosi steal the show and own Trump by slow clapping at him. That's the only thing anyone will remember from this SOTU, and it will be a meme for years to come. That's got to sting.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:13 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
He was originally going to sign the bill that the Dems and Reps agreed on weeks prior to the shutdown. He's the one who walked away. And if I'm dense, so are the majority of Americans who agree with me.

Trump only cares about Trump. He could not care less about immigration, illegal immigrants, legal immigrants or U.S. citizens. Period.
Trump shot himself in the foot with his shutdown and looked like a fool in the process. But the Trumpies try to pretend it was a win. Talk about dense.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
That is not a Trump unique property... describes every single politician regardless of country.
Can't argue with you on that one.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:18 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
If he wants to build a wall for illegal immigration, only to satisfy himself then great. Lol.
He could have ten walls for all I care. As long as I don't have to pay for them.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:21 PM

554 posts, read 683,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
honestly I didn't miss anything....what Trump was saying, is, this.....
I am rich...and well known, and I can get any woman I want, there are women out there who are willing and ready to play the game, to get close to me, and hopefully, land a winner....never have to worry about money again.

As much as there are locker room jocks, talking like Trump did, there are also locker room women who have admitted this, and I've heard them with my own ears....so...while your trying to align my words or Trumps words to fit your agenda, sorry it won't work. It wasn't about sexual assault and he wasn't advocating sexual assault, what he was doing was explaining to another man, that there are plenty of women out there willing to play a game for his money. Period....and he is absolutely right....

he back then, didn't have to advocate sexual assault, he could have had any woman he wanted....granted, his words gross, but to the point, what he said, was, "There are women out there who will let you!~!!!!!"

and not to change the subject, but I bet you in every case, there were women who Orchestrated it to get somewhere, and there are, and oh, by the way, I'm a woman.

but use your own words to twist the truth, have at it!
And I quote:

"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything." (Trump, Access Hollywood tape)

"I don't even wait" - this is the comment that gets missed in this debate. He is literally acknowledging that he does not seek consent. The belief that "women orchestrate it" or "will let you do anything" does not negate the fact that he proudly admits he advances on women without caring whether or not they want it. Hence, admitting to sexual assault. And then essentially saying, "isn't it great that when you are rich, women let you assault them?"

I don't have an agenda, but it is abundantly clear that you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies