Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were you impressed by the State of the Union Address?
YES 158 63.97%
NO 89 36.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 05:11 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
And I quote:

"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything." (Trump, Access Hollywood tape)

"I don't even wait" - this is the comment that gets missed in this debate. He is literally acknowledging that he does not seek consent. The belief that "women orchestrate it" or "will let you do anything" does not negate the fact that he proudly admits he advances on women without caring whether or not they want it. Hence, admitting to sexual assault. And then essentially saying, "isn't it great that when you are rich, women let you assault them?"

I don't have an agenda, but it is abundantly clear that you do.
um, excuse me, but if one of those women he is talking about, didn't want it, they'd let him know for certain....I would....as a woman, I'm in control....no one touches me, and if they do, they had better protect their family jewels.

Spin it anyway you want...I've heard this kind of talk before among men, some of them, when they are young, love to brag and make up stories....

Old 02-08-2019, 05:44 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Baloney.

Fixing our bridges would benefit America.

Universal health care would benefit America.

There is no crisis at the border

Mo need to spend billions on a contractor boondoggle.

No need to shut the government down.

Your savior Obama laughed directly in your face, and you did nothing but support him...and still do...so take your better than us attitude and check it...but here, maybe you forget about all those shovel ready jobs that were, not shovel ready......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55aRrvXtio

Old 02-08-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
If the're a good employee he does,if they are not it was someone else that did it.

You obviously did not read or comprehend the quote I was quoting...which is it?

Old 02-08-2019, 06:16 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
We've had a crisis at our border for decades now. It's become more critical with several caravans marching up to our border with thousands in them from Central America and expecting to gain entry into our country either by making bogus asylum claims or forcing their way into our country. All Trump wants to do is to fix and complete the physical barriers that were already approved by congress back in 2006. How anyone could oppose that is beyond me.

Our infrastructures and healthcare needs are separate issues. Since when can't we walk and chew gum at the same time so to speak? We've always funded all the programs that we have needed. Why this claim that we will have to sacrifice any of the above in order to secure our border? That makes no sense at all. Only those with an agenda would claim otherwise as they are just making lame excuses not to build the good physical barriers where it is feasible. Their real agendas are obvious.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:34 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
honestly I didn't miss anything....what Trump was saying, is, this.....
I am rich...and well known, and I can get any woman I want, there are women out there who are willing and ready to play the game.

As much as there are locker room jocks, talking like Trump did, there are also locker room women who have admitted this, and I've heard them with my own ears....so...while your trying to align my words or Trumps words to fit your agenda, sorry it won't work. It wasn't about sexual assault and he wasn't advocating sexual assault, what he was doing was explaining to another man, that there are plenty of women out there willing to play a game for his money. Period....and he is absolutely right.

I have a problem with him calling women whores then again I respect women maybe that’s the difference between us.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You obviously did not read or comprehend the quote I was quoting...which is it?
You obviously don't know trump ,it is what I said it was.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You obviously don't know trump ,it is what I said it was.
I Understood what you said....

Again, you did not read the quote I was quoting or did not comprehend what I was quoting...which is it?

Old 02-08-2019, 08:32 AM

231 posts, read 156,293 times
Absolutely the most powerful and best SOTU since the great Ronald Reagan.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have a problem with him calling women whores then again I respect women maybe that’s the difference between us.
Wait, isn't that what Hillary called Paula Jones? Or was it Juanita Broaddaric? Or was it Kathleen Willey?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't lie! I provided a "source" about the visa over stayers! You countered it with another one. Now can we get past this constant yapping about the visa over stayers? As I said, there are still thousands jumping our border illegally every month. Both they and the visa over stayers need to be addressed but it will have to be in a different way. If that's not addressing the entire problem then I don't know what is!

Your problem is that you don't like the idea of a wall to stop the border jumpers because they have been effective in doing that and that's why you keep focusing on the visa over stayers instead even under topics that are about the wall and the border jumpers. If you want to discuss the visa over stayers so bad then start a topic about them. I'll be glad to participate in that one to!

It's you and yours that keep distracting with the visa over stayers under topics about the wall and the border jumpers and the reason is as plain as day! I'm not going to get into another off topic discussion about the visa over stayers from 9/11 either!
You lie every single time you claim that the "left" and "liberals" provide no facts.

I don't expect that you will ever admit that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.