Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 10:26 AM

20,897 posts, read 9,605,428 times

Advertisements

There are a number of posters here who constantly complain about how the US has become too Marxist, etc. etc. Given that the US's leftward path has been a long and gradual one which (arguably) began with the election of FDR in 1932, or maybe even Teddy Roosevelt in 1900, and which has continued in that direction in fits and starts ever since then, the conservative is eventually going to find themselves living in a place which is utterly anathema to their sense of everything that is good and right.

When the US has taken an occasional rightward deviation from this path, the American liberal has plenty of other countries they can claim they can go to if things got really bad: Canada, of course, being the foremost, but pretty much anywhere in Western Europe, and even New Zealand and Australia are typically considered just fine by American liberal standards.

But if the US got too liberal for American conservatives, where shall they go? What is the conservative's equivalent of Canada? Or New Zealand? Or the UK? Or Germany?

It just so happens that the following website has a nifty ranking of the most conservative nations in the world.

Most Conservative Countries 2019
Quote:
When discussing politics or religion, the term “conservative” comes up often, but what does it mean? Someone who is conservative is someone that has traditional values and beliefs. A person that is conservative is wary of innovation.

A person who is conservative, for example, may be in favor of marriage when it’s between a man and a woman. A conservative person may not believe in divorce, abortion, or other controversial issues. A person who is conservative is typically very resistant to change.
Sounds about right? I think that's a good description of what conservatives value.

Given those criteria, this website has devised the following list of countries which best satisfy those benchmarks. Here is the list:

Yemen
Mali
Iran
Pakistan
Chad
Egypt
Saudi Arabia
Lebanon
Swaziland
Ethiopia

For those conservatives unwilling or too lazy to learn a new language, I believe English is widely spoken in Swaziland. And Pakistan, too. Not sure about the others.

So, we now have a list of countries conservatives can flee to if they feel the US is becoming too liberal.

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 11:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,276,978 times
Saudi Arabia especially. Huge conservative paradise.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:05 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,302,798 times
Well there is, of course, always Russia (unless you are a Jehovah's Witness, who are being persecuted in Russia).

The conservatives seem really big on Putin these days. Seems like the natural choice.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Somalia should be on the list.

After all, a country with NO govt is a country with unlimited freedom.

CD's "sovereign citizens" should be flocking there, instead incessantly whining on this forum about taxes and how horribly they're being suppressed.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM

24,595 posts, read 17,342,634 times
What I find odd about the list is that most of the countries listed are hot spots for terrorism and ruled by Muslims that practice sharia law like the 2 go hand in hand.

Conservatives/Republicans primarily are opposed to terrorism and sharia law that makes women second class citizens while Progressives/Democrats at least through the Obama years embrace Islam for its beauty, peace and diversity.

I'm sure that Conservatives are content to live in America and will work and fight hard to protect it from becoming like the countries that are on the list.

What is going on in the Democrat party today cannot be compared to any other time in the history of America.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times
Let's make America Russia Again.

I think modern Conservatives do like the Russian model more because, frankly, when they see country with the right color of skin (they look like me!) and some big weapons....and an authoritarian leader, they feel a certain camaraderie.

But Russia would be further down that list.

The reason the USA was founded was to do away with Conservatism. Liberalism is the entire world view of the Founders and most of the philosophers that they looked to to craft our Constitution. Most of the Founders were classic liberals....of course, we did have the problem of those from the South who slaveowners and oversaw a slave economy. Compromises were made...maybe they should not have been??

The USA was one of the latest civilized countries to fully ban slavery....and we were definitely the only one than they took 150+ years to put the change into full law and practice.

I guess that's being "conservative".

Old 02-03-2019, 11:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Well there is, of course, always Russia (unless you are a Jehovah's Witness, who are being persecuted in Russia).

The conservatives seem really big on Putin these days. Seems like the natural choice.
Conservatives have embraced Putin since Obama was reelected.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What I find odd about the list is that most of the countries listed are hot spots for terrorism and ruled by Muslims that practice sharia law like the 2 go hand in hand.

What is going on in the Democrat party today cannot be compared to any other time in the history of America.
So you are saying 90% tax rates under IKE, programs put forth by Ted Roosevelt and FDR and JFK and LBJ (and passed) are somehow exceeded by the current actions and legislation by the Democratic Party?

That's hard to imagine. Those were major milestones in the history of our country. Our Federal Government has been largely "conservative" since Reagan....and before that there was quite a long reign by Nixon.

I haven't seem any massive changes which hold a candle to earlier history.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,415,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Somalia should be on the list.

After all, a country with NO govt is a country with unlimited freedom.

CD's "sovereign citizens" should be flocking there, instead incessantly whining on this forum about taxes and how horribly they're being suppressed.

If I had a nickel for every inaccuracy in this post I'd be a rich man.

Well, after taxes I'd be poor thanks to you but just saying.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,415,553 times
All States are evil in their own special ways.

That's why voting is so important: make your own neck of the woods the hell you prefer.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies