Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 06:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Virginia is messed up -- like lots of states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 06:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Pretty soon they will start carting out old photos of people getting tans. Oh for the grace of God they are trying to change their skin color just to mock other people. Lord Almighty!!!
If that's the case, Crooked Trump is in big trouble. lol

Old 02-06-2019, 07:11 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This blackface business is part of southern culture like the stars and bars. It's what they do when they party. We can't kick people out in VA for doing this when they were kids. Won't be anyone left.
48 year old southerner here and no one I know has ever worn black face. I've never seen it at a party or anything. And I've lived here all of my life.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just pointing out two similar stories.

You complained to a poster for continually bringing up misinformation about the Covington kids. I was agreeing with you that it's very frustrating when something like that happens. That people run with misinformation on a topic and keep parroting and parroting it. The Covington kids stuff keeps getting distorted just as the VA abortion bill does.

I really wasn't trying to make it personal with you but thought I would use your frustration about Covington to show my frustration with similar tactics on the VA abortion bill.

Some of your posts that I quoted indicate that you were participating on the threads where people were all in on the total warping of the Virginia bill; hence, I was trying to figure out if you were okay with one situation of propaganda but not with another.

I have no issues with your stance on abortion. I'm merely concerned with a misrepresentation of facts with this particular Virginia situation that seems to have been hijacked and distorted for some sort of agenda and it's shameful.
Again, you’re reaching but if it makes you feel better by venting it’s no skin off my nose. Vent away.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:47 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

I'm fine with them fessing up. I think they've done that, they should just stick it out and stay in office now.
Just curious, but would you be fine with it if it was the opposition side?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 PM

958 posts, read 304,378 times
This blackface stuff is a smokescreen by the left to cover for their real offense: proposing laws to kill healthy babies right up to birth.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
this is weird stuff. Makes you also wonder why GOP opposition or the media found none of this stuff before the elections

Old 02-07-2019, 12:38 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Or perhaps conservatives wouldn't rat each other out for something they would deem as "harmless."
Well, it is harmless. Someone wearing black face doesn’t harm anyone. It’s like being insulted over words. Who freaking cares? You’ll get over it. This guy was stupid, it was 35 years ago, he obviously isn’t racist now. If he gets thrown out for that, then how come Jimmy Kimmel and Fred Armisen get to keep their jobs?

Come on, I thought you guys only applied these standards to Republicans. Jimmy Kimmel keeps his job after wearing actual black face, and Megan Kelly gets to lose her’s for defending someone who dressed as Diana Ross for Halloween “because who doesn’t like Diana Ross?” That’s how it’s always worked in the past.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:13 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
this is weird stuff. Makes you also wonder why GOP opposition or the media found none of this stuff before the elections
I think some of it may have been discovered but held in abeyance till it was needed. The one that annoys me is why the college professor waited 15 years to bring allegations against the Lt Governor? It seems these allegedly violated woman are frequently educated professional with very good careers and yet they wait until their is a pivotal moment in some guys life to come forward. It really does bring in to question the validity of their accusation.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Third in line is Speaker Kirk Cox (Republican)

I hate the pitchfork mob mentality involved in judging the past with the standards of the present.....

But I have to admit that the potential benefactor of the Left's willingness to eat their own being a Republican does have a rather sweet irony to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies