Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:22 AM

59,058 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It was over 30 years ago for her and I doubt I could give you concrete info on my incident.

For instance, I know that my incident happened at a High School Homecoming Parade Float Building Event.

I cannot tell you how I got there. I didn't have my driver's license at the time so either my mother took me and dropped me off or one of my friends who had a driver's license took me, but I can't say which one because I was with a group of girls.

That said, it's a lot easier for me to remember things that happened to me in 2004, for sure.

In this case, no one can substantiate the victim's story either.

I'm not sure how you can be so quick to condemn one and not the other when the circumstances are almost identical except for the age of the victim and the time. That seems a bit partisan to me.

I happen to believe both victims, not one more over the other because of the politics of the offender.

"I happen to believe both victims,", Ford's "WITNESSES say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I mentioned in another post that the first prize winner of the costume contest held at my social club's Halloween party came as a black faced lawn jockey, complete with lantern. No one protested or complained...he brought down the house. I guess there are no SJW members in the club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
At another Halloween party I attended, one of the gals came wearing a Michelle Obama mask. She won both prizes for scariest and ugliest.
Wow! How far south do you live? Are there penguins there?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Wow! How far south do you live? Are there penguins there?
Pennsylvania. No penguins here, but lots of blue herons.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Or perhaps conservatives wouldn't rat each other out for something they would deem as "harmless."
So what you’re saying is these liberals knew it was wrong but did it anyway?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. In elementary school black kids dress up as Washington, Jefferson etc. and that's ok. But if a white kid wants to be MLK or Jay Z that is racist. Is that right?
I didn't know they put on 'white face'. Do you have links to that?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:29 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
This isn't about blackface, this is the Dems throwing one of their own under to keep the abortion thing out of the headlines...they only sacrifice one of their own when something bigger is at stake.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:31 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Speaking of black face lawn jockeys, we see many here with their black paint intact (PC'ness requires they now be painted white). I went to a yard sale where one was on display in front of the house. Someone asked if he was for sale (he wasn't). The home owner said she'd been getting offers for him all day.

Oldest DD and I took a hike down some nearby country roads, and we passed a nice, well maintained old Victorian farm house. There was a black lawn jockey in front. The homeowner was enjoying the quiet summer morning drinking coffee on his porch. I yelled out, "I like your jockey!" He looked down at his lap and up at me, confused. I said, "Your lawn statue!" He got it then, and said, "Thanks!" Once we were out of earshot, DD and I collapsed on the road laughing...he looked at his lap because he must have thought I said "I like your jockeys", and realized he was wearing pants.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Not sure why anyone would promote blackface knowing its origins. But hey, fight for your “culture” if you can call it that. Guess some people really don’t have any culture or real traditions so they lash out this way. Strange and pathetic.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:38 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. In elementary school black kids dress up as Washington, Jefferson etc. and that's ok. But if a white kid wants to be MLK or Jay Z that is racist. Is that right?
They're not putting white paint on their faces. That's the difference. You don't have to paint your face in order to be a character. I don't understand why some people can't understand the history of blackface and why it is offensive.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
They're not putting white paint on their faces. That's the difference. You don't have to paint your face in order to be a character. I don't understand why some people can't understand the history of blackface and why it is offensive.
Are you aware of the movie White Chicks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies