Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

So on the day that Martin Luther King was assassinated.

Universal releases the movie. THE PARTY...... The movie you have never heard of.

And...... It features the very White Peter Sellers in Brown Face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU9s8L7Sewg

By the deranged PC standards of 2019 they would be burning down Universal for releasing such a movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 10:43 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,524 times
Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Speaking of black face lawn jockeys, we see many here with their black paint intact (PC'ness requires they now be painted white). I went to a yard sale where one was on display in front of the house. Someone asked if he was for sale (he wasn't). The home owner said she'd been getting offers for him all day.

Oldest DD and I took a hike down some nearby country roads, and we passed a nice, well maintained old Victorian farm house. There was a black lawn jockey in front. The homeowner was enjoying the quiet summer morning drinking coffee on his porch. I yelled out, "I like your jockey!" He looked down at his lap and up at me, confused. I said, "Your lawn statue!" He got it then, and said, "Thanks!" Once we were out of earshot, DD and I collapsed on the road laughing...he looked at his lap because he must have thought I said "I like your jockeys", and realized he was wearing pants.
About 20 years ago we inherited a lawn jockey that had been in my husband's family for over a 100 years. And when the property was sold the old concrete/stone lawn jockey came back with us to Illinois at the time. It was so dirty with no paint at all and quite the eyesore. So we decided to paint it. As we are painting it, our neighbor, who yes, was a black gentleman (and the true definition of gentleman!) came over. We hadn't painted the face, just the jacket and pants in our school colors and we said sorry hope it didn't offend him. I remember his words to this day..."Paint him black, I too am a supporter of the high school, he's an antique that should be preserved, and everyone will think that I live here anyway....but name him after me." We still have Phil the jockey with us 20 years later, and whenever I see him I think of how proud I was to know our friend Phil. (we tragically lost our friend Phil to a heart attack a few years later).....

Old 02-07-2019, 12:05 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh man, this just keeps getting deeper and deeper..

"Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring admitted to wearing blackface during a college party in 1980, the latest stunning, political bombshell to rock Richmond as the state’s embattled governor and lieutenant governor also find themselves embroiled in scandal.

In a lengthy statement on Wednesday, Herring, a Democrat, said he wore brown makeup and a wig in 1980 to look like a black rapper during a party as an undergraduate at the University of Virginia."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...-college-party

how far back will they have to go to find a replacement? is the janitor's background clean?
I cry BS on this. There was no such thing as a black rapper in 1980.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, you'd be wrong.

From the article:

Quote:
"In 1980, when I was a 19-year-old undergraduate in college, some friends suggested we attend a party dressed like rappers we listened to at the time, like Kurtis Blow, and perform a song,” Herring said. “
From Wikipedia:

Quote:
In 1979, at the age of twenty, Kurtis Blow became the first rapper to be signed by a major label, Mercury, which released "Christmas Rappin'".[5] It sold over 400,000 copies, becoming one of the first commercially successful hip hop singles.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Here's a link to his 1980 image: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...hoto/518695291

Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
What gives with these democrats? 2 are hypocrites beyond belief and one is some kind of sexual predator, yet they throw feces at everyone else like it's going out of style. You guys are screwed and screwed up.

This is really funny.

The Democrat political correctness campaign is like having a mean dog that is designed to bite any intruders (republicans) that are not a member of the household.

The problem is that the dog is hard to control and can sometimes start attack the owner. Democrats are finding that they created a monster with all their Kavanaugh style witch hunts. The knife cuts both ways!

Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Funny how a Repub is next in line of succession if these three hypocrite Dems resign, which they should.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:04 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,531 times
It’s interesting that when the accuser in the Brett Kavanaugh case was white, everyone in the Democratic Party believed her. How many times did we hear, “I believe her.”

Now that the accuser is black as in the lieutenant governor of Virginia, few in the Democratic Party seem to be taking up her cause.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:12 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Run DMC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies