Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:49 PM

62,939 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Can’t feed them, don’t breed them.

Exactly! How is it a conflict not to want to have to take care of other people's kids vs not wanting the unborn "killed"? These so-called pro-choicers are just making desperate attempts to demonize those of us who are pro-life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! How is it a conflict not to want to have to take care of other people's kids vs not wanting the unborn "killed"? These so-called pro-choicers are just making desperate attempts to demonize those of us who are pro-life.
Some families need financial help so that they can feed their children and get their children medical care.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:55 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
I'm pro-life and I support a strong safety net, single-payer, I'm consistently anti-war. There are millions more like me, many of them Catholics who have unfortunately felt unwelcome in the Democratic Party, where the party's official position on abortion is that a woman shall have the right to have an abortion for any reason whatsoever, at any point in a pregnancy. This position matches roughly 20% of Americans.

https://www.consistentlifenetwork.org/

There are certainly plenty of hypocritical pro-lifers who aren't consistently "pro-life." By the same token, many/most pro-choicers are hypocritical. Let's use the example of illegal immigration and refugees. Many of these folks repeat this sort of line: "Oh, yeah, you really care about all these 'unwanted babies' being born! How many of these unwanted babies have you adopted?!?" Okay, how many refugees/illegal immigrants have you given shelter and taken into your home? Oh...lemme guess...you support "programs" for these people, thus you carry no personal responsibility to guard and care for them? This is that sort of unearned moral superiority I increasingly see on the Left, where the rules that apply to everyone else does not apply to the "woke folk." They're saved, you see.

At an early age, I was affected by the rhetoric I would hear, repeated by other children, undoubtedly taken from their parents, that spoke of war and the taking of human life as if it was some sort of sports contest. It repulsed me. I'm sickened in the same way when I read and hear people use the same sort of euphemisms to describe abortion. Nothing indicates the fallen state of human beings more than the ease at which ordinary, otherwise decent people can rationalize the most monstrous savagery against their fellow human beings.

Last edited by chiociolliscalves; 02-07-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-07-2019, 06:03 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Rules for Success
1) Finish High School
2) Get a job.
3) Get married
4) Have Children.

Rules for Poverty
1) Drop out of school
2) apply for public assistance
3) don't get married
4) have children out of wedlock

The most eloquent word : my father
The most disgusting word: baby daddy

Old 02-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I'm pro-life and I support a strong safety net, single-payer, I'm consistently anti-war. There are millions more like me, many of them Catholics who have unfortunately felt unwelcome in the Democratic Party, where the party's official position on abortion is that a woman shall have the right to have an abortion for any reason whatsoever, at any point in a pregnancy. This position matches roughly 20% of Americans.

https://www.consistentlifenetwork.org/

There are certainly plenty of hypocritical pro-lifers who aren't consistently "pro-life." By the same token, many/most pro-choicers are hypocritical. Let's use the example of illegal immigration and refugees. Many of these folks repeat this sort of line: "Oh, yeah, you really care about all these 'unwanted babies' being born! How many of these unwanted babies have you adopted?!?" Okay, how many refugees/illegal immigrants have you given shelter and taken into your home? Oh...lemme guess...you support "programs" for these people, thus you carry no personal responsibility to guard and care for them? This is that sort of unearned moral superiority I increasingly see on the Left, where the rules that apply to everyone else does not apply to the "woke folk." They're saved, you see.
The issue that pro-choice has with Catholics is that the church position is that the mother should be martyred with the baby.

Quote:
Q: Does the Catholic Church oppose abortion if it is needed to save a woman’s life?

a child may not be killed in order to save the life of his mother.
https://dphx.org/respect-life/know-the-issues/abortion/

Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Should a homeless pregnant woman receive aid as in housing, food, medical care or is she on her own?

Decisions, decisions......

Old 02-07-2019, 06:12 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The issue that pro-choice has with Catholics is that the church position is that the mother should be martyred with the baby.

https://dphx.org/respect-life/know-the-issues/abortion/
In any other context, we consider it monstrous to save the life of an adult instead of a child. The Church's position is consistent. As we see with "the health of the mother" clause, pro-abortion folks will inevitably redefine "life of the mother" to include things other than actual "life of the mother."

Out of curiosity, what's the estimate of how many abortions are performed each because the mother would soon or immediately die if the abortion is not performed?

Old 02-07-2019, 06:27 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default Deflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The pro-life people, especially those who shout against abortions of any kind for political purposes, are not really pro-life, just anti-abortion. This issue is used to win elections and is in the news again because the GOP if failing.

If the GOP were truly pro-life, they would be fighting and legislating to help save the lives of these people:

-immigrants fleeing violence

-those who cannot afford health insurance

-those who cannot afford life saving medications

-those killed in the US by gun violence

A gut wrenching subject. Killing babies, no matter what stage of life. Can't be justified so hurry hurry. Change the subject. Called deflection.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
In any other context, we consider it monstrous to save the life of an adult instead of a child. The Church's position is consistent. As we see with "the health of the mother" clause, pro-abortion folks will inevitably redefine "life of the mother" to include things other than actual "life of the mother."

Out of curiosity, what's the estimate of how many abortions are performed each because the mother would soon or immediately die if the abortion is not performed?

Does the actual number matter? I spent a lot of time saving the life of a mother 20 weeks pregnant and hemorrhaging to death. She had a partial placental abruption behind which she was bleeding profusely. The intact portion of the placenta was still maintaining a fetal heartbeat so the catholic hospital would not terminate the pregnancy to save the mother's life. She was flown to a medical center that saved her life by terminating the pregnancy.

What matters is the catholic church believes the mother should die (be martyred) with the baby in circumstances such as this and both will die. If one life can be saved, wouldn't that be the pro-life stance?

Old 02-07-2019, 06:49 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Incorrect.

immigrants... you are welcome... follow the existing laws and come here legally

health insurance... the price structure is out of whack because of government involvement. The whole price structure needs to be revamped. Restore direct payment from patient to doctor, and prices will return to affordable levels.

life saving meds... see health insurance

gun violence... quick death penalty from the obvious cases of murder... allow people to protect themselves... gun violence is a people problem, not a gun problem.
true pro life also should involve helping those who are struggling to live such as
the I'll who need care and or med

the elderly that are alone and struggling to survive

and especiallychildren born into homes where there is abuse,neglect,and the child is merely extra money in the pocket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies