Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 07:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I doubt its that high a percentage , but for the ones who do is largely because they dont know what UHC would really mean, but the idea of someone else paying their medical bills sounds attractive
Very, very, very few pay all of their own medical bills out of pocket. The idea of insurance is to spread around the costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 07:29 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Very, very, very few pay all of their own medical bills out of pocket. The idea of insurance is to spread around the costs.
Has what to do with my post?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Has what to do with my post?
Its self evident. Everyone wants someone else to pay. Including you.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:54 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Its self evident. Everyone wants someone else to pay. Including you.
I dont, but hey if saying that helps you think you have some high ground.
And of course it still has nothing to do with my original post

Old 02-10-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I dont, but hey if saying that helps you think you have some high ground.
And of course it still has nothing to do with my original post
It does and you do.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Adopting a Swiss style system was also advocated by Reginal Herzlinger in her book Who Killed Health Care? Not surprisingly, it got very little media attention. I suspect that's because she's not an advocate of single payer healthcare.
The Swiss style is the second most expensive system in the world..

Old 02-10-2019, 08:31 AM

8,152 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
The Swiss style is the second most expensive system in the world..
Yep, since it is private insurance based. But at least (due to heavy regulations on premiums and hospital pricing, and individual mandate of course) it is much more sustainable than the system we have here. If you are insurance company, you either learn to function with what you collect from the controlled premiums, or else. Same for hospitals.

Correspondingly the healthcare portion of the total GDP is much more reasonable compared to US.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:49 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
problem is 100% don't want to pay for it. Silly poll.

BernieCare would cost roughly $13.8 trillion over its first decade of operation, roughly a 30 percent increase in federal spending.

Will you handover 30% of your income for it?
Where did you even come up with that number? Under Bernie's plan it would save the government over 6 trillion over the next ten years over our current system! Those are the real facts.

I can't imagine a day i'll make over $250,000 to half a million dollars a year to garner a 37% marginal tax rate under Bernie's plan. To be honest, i don't agree with this. I think the marginal tax rate should be lower at 15 to 20% max for that income bracket. The real savings comes from middle class and lower class families and small to large scale businesses, who are going to saving tens of thousands to millions a year. It's funny, how the right, who screams and shouts about "small businesses" being hurt by minimum wage never seem to ever mention this. Maybe because you don't actually care about small businesses at all, which is why the vast majority applaud tax cuts for the rich.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:24 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
That's what we're told. If the Federal government actually operated even semi-efficiently, it could cover 100% of the population with what it already spends on Medicare/Medicaid without another dime of taxpayer money.
no way...unless you are going to find a way of controlling the ACTUAL COST OF CARE..to include implementing a max salary ...ie everyone us government owned/controlled... the total end of private property/intellect

Old 02-10-2019, 01:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Where did you even come up with that number? Under Bernie's plan it would save the government over 6 trillion over the next ten years over our current system! Those are the real facts.

I can't imagine a day i'll make over $250,000 to half a million dollars a year to garner a 37% marginal tax rate under Bernie's plan. To be honest, i don't agree with this. I think the marginal tax rate should be lower at 15 to 20% max for that income bracket. The real savings comes from middle class and lower class families and small to large scale businesses, who are going to saving tens of thousands to millions a year. It's funny, how the right, who screams and shouts about "small businesses" being hurt by minimum wage never seem to ever mention this. Maybe because you don't actually care about small businesses at all, which is why the vast majority applaud tax cuts for the rich.
bernies plan would cost 32 trillion over ten years..additional to what is already spent on medicare/Medicaid...4 trillion ANNUALLY

medicare for all will not save the government (or the taxpayer) one single dime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies