Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 04:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the author is a 'goodwill ambassador.'
how funny.

https://www.dickinson.edu/news/article/3511/

fat studies?
Doubleplusgood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 04:21 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Uh, no...she's a black racist.

And consider for a moment, a white student writing about having to listen to "black boys."

Right.
Not very hard to do, just tell non-White people they can no longer participate in the discussion on White privilege because they're not White. Watch the reaction.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
But that's not here nor there. What's here is, what do you think would happen if she was a White male and wrote this piece targeting Black females? People are sick of the double standards for when racism applies and when it doesn't. What she wrote is racist.
Yea, I get that, but you're seeing things in terms of absolutes, and I'm seeing things in historical perspective. It has never been white males discriminated against in positions of leadership, industry, politics, or any other economic endeavor, nor has there ever been a dearth of white males who you can find almost anywhere bloviating on about their knowledge of this topic or that topic. Do you remember the woman who Rush Limbaugh derided on his show, and later President Obama recognized her and invited her to the White House?

Do you remember what she was upset about? It was about some government panel discussion on women's reproductive rights (or something to that effect, I don't remember all the details) and this panel consisted of ten while males! Not a single woman was even on this panel, and this woman protested and drew the ire of Limbaugh, who unintentionally made her famous for 15 minutes.

But anyway, I'm only replying to you because I am so emotionally invested in the topic.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yea, I get that, but you're seeing things in terms of absolutes, and I'm seeing things in historical perspective. It has never been white males discriminated against in positions of leadership, industry, politics, or any other economic endeavor, nor has there ever been a dearth of white males who you can find almost anywhere bloviating on about their knowledge of this topic or that topic. Do you remember the woman who Rush Limbaugh derided on his show, and later President Obama recognized her and invited her to the White House?

Do you remember what she was upset about? It was about some government panel discussion on women's reproductive rights (or something to that effect, I don't remember all the details) and this panel consisted of ten while males! Not a single woman was even on this panel, and this woman protested and drew the ire of Limbaugh, who unintentionally made her famous for 15 minutes.

But anyway, I'm only replying to you because I am so emotionally invested in the topic.

Yeah and then she ran for Senator. And lost badly lol

Old 02-08-2019, 07:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Similar article in the Yale News:
Quote:
Everyone knows a white boy with shiny brown hair and a saccharine smile that conceals his great ambitions. He could be in Grand Strategy or the Yale Political Union. Maybe he’s the editor-in-chief of the News. He takes his classes. He networks. And, when it comes time for graduation, he wins all the awards.
---
When I’m watching the white boy — who is now a white man by this point — on CNN, I’ll remember a racist remark that he said...
---
I’m watching you, white boy.
Evil is banal

Old 02-08-2019, 07:09 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
In your dreams, "white boy"! I am WOMAN! Hear me roar!

"White boy" is a racist statement.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:29 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
fFrom the second paragraph:
Quote:
American society tells men, but especially white men, that their opinions have merit and that their voice is valuable, but after four years of listening to white boys in college, I am not so convinced. In my time at Dickinson I have listened to probably hundreds of white boys talk. It feels incessant. From classes and lectures, to the news and politics, there is an endless line of white boys waiting to share their opinions on the state of feminism in America, whether the LGBTQ+ population finally has enough rights, the merits of capitalism, etc. The list of what white boys think they are qualified to talk about is endless. Something very few of them seem to understand is that their (ill-informed, uncritical) opinions do not constitute truth. In fact, most often their opinions aren’t even original. White boys spout the narrative of dominant ideologies and pretend they’re hot takes instead of the same misleading garbage shoved down our throats by American institutions from birth.
Well, what if it was a conservative White gay man you are silencing, Leda? I guess you didn't factor that in, now did you?

From the 3rd paragraph:
Quote:
The second thing most white boys seem not to understand is that they do not exist separate from the rest of the world. You do not speak alone, you speak with the weight of every other white man who has spoken over a woman, erased the contributions of ***** people from history, or denigrated “broken English” as unintelligent. You speak with the weight of policies and laws meant to forever define intelligence by how it measures up to the bros of America.
Where do I begin? This conservative straight White male has been called out by a White liberal lady named Carli Mosier (an voice actress for the Eng. dubs of many anime) on her FB Wall. I am going out of my away, as far as I know, to erase the contributions of LGBT people from history. Concerning "broken English", some is legitimately hard to understand, especially if spoken in anime. I don't speak with the weight of policies/laws mean to forever define intelligence because, in part, I am not a law maker or lawyer.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Similar article in the Yale News:

Evil is banal
This kind of hatred is accepted by the left, including the media. This behavior perhaps will assure them a position at the times, or cnn, or anywhere left side of the isle.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:34 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://thedickinsonian.com/opinion/...lowed-to-talk/

Not satire. And she's a goodwill ambassador. Not a racist black supremacist. Goodwill to all except white folk?
I'm beginning to believe that all of these crazy libturds are locked in a Saturday Night Live skit that never ends

Old 02-08-2019, 09:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I like how this female capitalized 'black,' but not white. She got us good!
Yeah, that and referring to college age men as boys is absolutely soul crushing...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies