Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Women usually get much less time for a crime than a man doing the same crime. She had no excuse for what she did. I could hear the cry from women if he had mutilitated her.
+1.

There would have been protests and "outrage" marches everywhere.

Signed,
A woman.

Anyway, both of them are straight up bonkers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
John told several different versions of what happened and considering all of the other things he has done, including theft {which he admitted}, I choose to believe Lorena.

He has a terrible reputation, beating women, stealing, lying to his boss, etc. why take his word?
She had a choice to make.

She chose to leave him, but only after cutting off his penis while he was passed out.

And now she is a hero.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
She had a choice to make.

She chose to leave him, but only after cutting off his penis while he was passed out.

And now she is a hero.
I agree but she's NOT a hero to normal, sane women.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Thanks for realizing that there are normal, sane women in the world.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:16 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she got a standing ovation years later.....Would people really give a man a standing ovation if he cut off a woman's parts? If I cut my abusive wife's clit off, can I get a standing ovation on Steve Harvey, too? This is modern feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_wwIjBxNM
Did you even watch the clip?

Steve Harvey turns the incident into a comedy routine and the men in the audience are laughing at it right along with the women.

You forgot to mention one other thing that may have had something to do with her standing ovation, the fact that she started a charity to help abused women that have to flee to shelters to get away from their abusers.

Her young daughter helps her assemble care packages, sounds like she is raising her daughter well.

Compare the kind of person she has strived to be to the kind of person John always was and still is.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Did you even watch the clip?

Steve Harvey turns the incident into a comedy routine and the men in the audience are laughing at it right along with the women.

You forgot to mention one other thing that may have had something to do with her standing ovation, the fact that she started a charity to help abused women that have to flee to shelters to get away from their abusers.

Her young daughter helps her assemble care packages, sounds like she is raising her daughter well.

Compare the kind of person she has strived to be to the kind of person John always was and still is.
Fair enough.

But the facts remain. She did not have to stay. She left him for dead on her way out the door, with his penis in her hand, and tossed it into a field on the side of the road, in the middle of the night.

As you may recall, around the time of the incident, Lorena was the main breadwinner. John had been discharged from the Marines in 1991 and was having a hard time finding steady employment. Their fights escalated, and they both called 911 several times. They broke up, but a year later they reconciled.

She is universally championed as a strong woman who stood up for herself. "He had it coming."

Sick.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 02-10-2019 at 07:49 AM..

Old 02-10-2019, 07:37 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This normal sane woman realizes that Lorena was a very young, naive woman, only 23 years old, with no support system all those years ago, before all of the resources and social media we have today.

John wasn't working, he was drinking and drugging, cheating on her and if that wasn't enough he was emotionally and physically abusing her and I can understand how she could snap, especially right after he brutally raped her.

Just like most abused women, she fell into the trap of a tearful John begging her to forgive him and promising never to abuse her again.

The courts got it right all those years ago and the way she has overcome all that has happened to her, including all of the media ridicule, married, had a family and put herself out there to raise money to help other abused women IS admirable.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:55 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
^Excellent post.
And Lorena *is* a shero to many of us! Why doesn’t this happen more often?

Old 02-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
^Excellent post.
And Lorena *is* a shero to many of us! Why doesn’t this happen more often?
Truly deranged.

Lorena was not forced to stay. She was the breadwinner, and they had no children. She had a choice to make. She DID choose to leave him, but only after cutting off his penis while he was passed out.

When she was arrested the night of June 23, she told the police, "He always have orgasm [sic], and he doesn't wait for me ever to have orgasm. He's selfish."

Hero?

Old 02-10-2019, 08:48 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Women usually get much less time for a crime than a man doing the same crime. She had no excuse for what she did. I could hear the cry from women if he had mutilitated her.
Many American laws do have a racist and sexist history to them. Even when factoring the circumstances of the crime (who, what, where, when, why, and how), a woman getting less time than a man for committing the same crime is messed up. I will also say that it is or close to being misandrist at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies