Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I do not disagree it was revenge, and not self defense. I dont claim what she did was right, or even legal.

I do state that a woman should not have to live like that. IMO, anal rape is an act after which I personally think revenge is warranted.

A woman named Francine Hughes killed her husband after many years of abuse by immolation. She was freed due to temporary insanity. She simply "snapped". Revenge, as the right thing to do? Dunno. Legal?

Seems Francine got away with it.

I have seen too much abuse of women in my life for me to view it lightly. And yes, I know there is some crazy, mentally castrating ******* out there also. I was married to one many years ago for about 5 minutes.
Do you think it's sick or outrageous that Lorena is applauded for doing what she did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 11:11 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Do you think it's sick or outrageous that Lorena is applauded for doing what she did?
People in herds are shallow, I typically do not base my opinions on the reactions of others if I can avoid it. If Lorena was telling the truth about her abuse, then I do not have a problem with what she did.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:22 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
People in herds are shallow, I typically do not base my opinions on the reactions of others if I can avoid it. If Lorena was telling the truth about her abuse, then I do not have a problem with what she did.

if, if, if, if..........I have no problem with self defense.......but when you have time to get away from the alleged abuser and kill him while he sleeps or cut his body part and then get in your car and throw it out the window then that's not self defense, that's revenge and against the law.

then she tells police the night she got arrested: "He always have orgasm [sic], and he doesn't wait for me ever to have orgasm. He's selfish."...........that says her state of mind of the night question of a woman upset with a bad temper telling police it wasn't about rape or survival.

if it was the other way around, any man would have done time in prison.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:34 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if, if, if, if..........I have no problem with self defense.......but when you have time to get away from the alleged abuser and kill him while he sleeps or cut his body part and then get in your car and throw it out the window then that's not self defense, that's revenge and against the law.
We have laws and legal bounderies for a reason, but sometimes I honestly do not care what the law states. I guess it is due to my contrarian libertarian nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if it was the other way around, any man would have done time in prison.
You may be correct about that. The law is not always blind.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
They are both a-holes.
They're both a-holes extraordinaire.

It's human trash like these 2 that make me sick, they crap on all of us. The wench had a kid? DAMN!!! She should have been spayed on the spot and Bobbitt should be bobtailed to this day.

I feel no sympathy for either of them, not even pity.

And who was dumb enough to have a kid with Lorena? That's really sad and pathetic.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:36 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Absolutely.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Could we please not discuss Lorena Bobitt?☠️

(Ouch)

Old 02-10-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Could we please not discuss Lorena Bobitt?☠️

(Ouch)
We're discussing Lorena Gallo.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:11 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
This incident is in the news again, apparently to promote a new Amazon docuseries (produced by Jordan Peele), which takes another look at the story that captivated the world. "Lorena" also examines how her life has changed since that fateful night of June 23, 1993.

https://www.today.com/news/lorena-bo...olence-t148401
(This interview is insufferable and has a soft-focus music background track from a Lifetime movie.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

There are a few things about the case that I didn't know or hadn't really considered before:

(1) She was the breadwinner at the time and they had no children.
(2) When she was arrested the night of June 23, she told the police, "He always have orgasm [sic], and he doesn't wait for me ever to have orgasm. He's selfish."
(3) She served no jail time. The judge ordered her to undergo a 45-day evaluation period at Central State Hospital, after which she would be released.
(4) In December 1997, she made news when she was charged with assault for punching her mother, Elvia Gallo, as they watched television.

My sympathies were with her in 1993, but I'm older now. I don't think she received a punishment that was commensurate with her crime. Not to excuse John. John Bobbitt is a garbage person.

People make jokes about this, but it is no laughing matter. In fact, the jokes have severely clouded the analysis of the case. Most women assert that "he had it coming" and most men make jokes.

The fact that she got away with this is outrageous. She could have left him.
She clearly has serious anger issues.

I wonder how things would go if the incident occurred in 2019.

What do you think?

I think this thread is in the wrong forum and should be in True Crime instead.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I think this thread is in the wrong forum and should be in True Crime instead.
It is surprisingly controversial.

But I see your point.

I'm not opposed to moving it.

Feel free to do whatever it takes to get it moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies