Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 06:34 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
If they believe abortion is acceptable, they are NOT practicing Catholics. If you disagree with the core teaching of the faith, you are not a member in good standing of that faith. This is perfectly logical. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

If you call yourself an Eagles fan, but you hate the Eagles, are you really an Eagles fan?
All teachings change with time. Even the core teachings. The Church has evolved with respect to many social issues including abortion, homosexuality, and women’s issues. In a few decades you will see female priests and liberalization of marriage. Enough with celibate males who keep going after kids. Let them get married. It will attract better priests. Core teachings are changing. All teachings are changing.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Northern Virginia is full of "Catholics" like you. They go to Mass when they feel like it. Or maybe not. They don't really participate in the service, and they leave right after Communion. They don't share the Church's teaching on abortion, birth control, or sex outside marriage. They think the sacrament of reconciliation is silly and pointless. They don't pray the rosary. They don't do Stations of the Cross. They don't fast for Lent or Good Friday. They think Pope Francis is the only decent pope the church has ever had. They buy the social justice and climate change bilge all day every day. And they vote Democrat. Their 'faith' is so weakened and watered down as to be no faith at all.
You don’t know God’s will and will never know God’s will. But we do see change on a planetary scale and we can conclude based on all the individual relationships with God that He is fine with the way things are going. So you just do you and keep your NJMann nose out of God’s personal relationship with others.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 PM

958 posts, read 304,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
All teachings change with time. Even the core teachings. The Church has evolved with respect to many social issues including abortion, homosexuality, and women’s issues. In a few decades you will see female priests and liberalization of marriage. Enough with celibate males who keep going after kids. Let them get married. It will attract better priests. Core teachings are changing. All teachings are changing.
You're just flat our lying and misrepresenting the Catholic Church. Stop doing it NOW! It's core positions are unchanging. It's position on married priests is not a core teaching. It's your business if you don't want to be a Catholic, but don't like about it's positions.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:53 PM

999 posts, read 553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In 2018 I prayed that the Democrats would take over the House. I am powerful!

Next up, I'm praying Trump is defeated in 2020. And I'm guessing the collective prayers of all sane Americans together will accomplish that as well.
I'll be right there praying with you. I think we'll take our country back soon. Progress always wins in the end.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You don’t know God’s will and will never know God’s will. But we do see change on a planetary scale and we can conclude based on all the individual relationships with God that He is fine with the way things are going. So you just do you and keep your NJMann nose out of God’s personal relationship with others.
Doesn't sound like you even believe in God, so all your pap about 'not knowing God's will' has been rendered meaningless.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I'll be right there praying with you. I think we'll take our country back soon. Progress always wins in the end.
Well, actually, leftwingers don't even believe in God, so why would they pray?

I think President Trump is safe. lol.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Battle of the prayers! I like it. I would join you but I don't partake. We'll see whose are more powerful, yours or Cheese's. I am guessing yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In 2018 I prayed that the Democrats would take over the House. I am powerful!

Next up, I'm praying Trump is defeated in 2020. And I'm guessing the collective prayers of all sane Americans together will accomplish that as well.
I don't think so, skippy. Libs aren't the praying kind.

Quote:
You're just flat our lying and misrepresenting the Catholic Church. Stop doing it NOW! It's core positions are unchanging. It's position on married priests is not a core teaching. It's your business if you don't want to be a Catholic, but don't like about it's positions.
Sorry, all teachings are subject to change as new knowledge accrues. Even core teachings. Free will allows us to update everything, and that is EXACTLY what is happening. Positions on abortion, divorce, homosexuality, etc. have already changed and liberalized. And with the knowledge and analysis available on today’s Internet, that process of change and liberalization will accelerate. Open your eyes, it’s already happened, and it will continue to happen. And God is fine with all of it and actually probably thinks it is overdue. He is undoubtedly super excited about the progress of His creation, and the new ways in which we are moving forward.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Battle of the prayers! I like it. I would join you but I don't partake. We'll see whose are more powerful, yours or Cheese's. I am guessing yours.
I guess they'll be praying to some reefer god. I wouldn't count on it doing that well, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies