Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times

Advertisements

I just powerfully prayed that the OP would be stung by a hornet within the next day or two.

Keep us updated, Cheese.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:14 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why do you care? What difference does it make to you if whogo, or anyone else, believes that prayer works? It doesn't affect your life at all. If it makes him feel better, if it makes others who do feel better, why do you insist on coming on and saying, "That's such garbage. It's not true. Your prayers didn't do anything because there's no God."

What is the point? Are you so unsure of your atheism that you feel the need to pound on someone who shared a very moving story about his beloved wife? What is the fricken point of trashing on that with your "I know better than you" comments?

SO WHAT if he believes it. So. Fricken. What!

No, we don't.
Great post! Prayers have gotten me through some really dark times. I can’t imsgine not having God in my life.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:19 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, you haven’t. You’ve actually never had one answered prayer. You are misapprehending reality. But, as I have said, if you are using prayer as a form of meditation, then enjoy. Enjoyment and peace are good! And meditation can lead one to better self-control, which can then lead one to answer their own prayers. And that’s good too.
Wow can you be any more condescending??? Why are you acting like you know all the secrets of the universe? You don’t, so stop judging others because you can’t think outside your own little, sad bubble.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:05 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So all your prayers were based on a hate for Obama and Hillary.
Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side....

Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 AM

958 posts, read 304,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Great post! Prayers have gotten me through some really dark times. I can’t imsgine not having God in my life.
Finally, a sane post. After reading the majority of these people's posts, you wonder if there are any other Christians left out there.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Wow can you be any more condescending??? Why are you acting like you know all the secrets of the universe? You don’t, so stop judging others because you can’t think outside your own little, sad bubble.
My gosh. Exactly!!

Old 02-18-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Good, don’t read or respond, NJMann. Nonetheless, reality is reality, numbers are numbers.

1) 51% of Catholics believe abortion should be legal.
2) 46% of Catholics believe gay marriage should be legal.
3) 61% of Catholics believe cohabitating partners should be eligible to receive Communion.
4) 60% of Catholics believe women should be able to be priests.
5) 62% of Catholics believe priests should be able to get married.

This is the reality. All teachings are subject to change, big change. There is no such thing as a core teaching that cannot be updated and/or changed.

That’s life in 2019.
Right. Like 0bummer and Hillary, God took note of the public opinion polls and changed His millennia-old views on gay marriage in 2012.

Next up? The laws of gravity will change because a poll shows people are tired of falling. Just as likely.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I don't know how one can be so severely misguided and confused. It's amazing how you can make up crap like that, being flat-out untruths about her, but actually support a guy who is known by the majority world-wide, to actually BE rotten.. and the sleaziest, most unethical guy who truly does not have any redeeming qualities.

This is not new though, being typical of his followers who cannot look at him realistically. I wonder what you guys will do when all the election interference realities are fully uncovered...still not accept the truth and defend him still?
Two years of non-stop investigations, and not a SHRED of evidence of the charges. Oh wait a minute. There were no formal charges. Mueller's is an illegal investigation.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
You mean like when you got to go to a dance with a girl you fantasized over, only to have nothing become of the two of you?
Yes. Exactly. The thing I prayed for was granted.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
And soon, it won't be your boy, either. Hahaha.
LOL. Who in that clown car of Democrats is going to beat Trump?

So far your frontrunner is a 77-year old creepy senile gaffe machine. Perfect representative of Democrats. Old. White. Inept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies