Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 10:47 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Well done.
Success comes with sacrifice.
You gave of your time with internship.
You took on a retail while acquiring a skillset through education.
That others learn from your experience.
Thanks, your right. Where your wrong is that you don’t realize that theres alot more like me.

Things are different from wheb you grew up. I work hard but times feel more bleak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Thanks, your right. Where your wrong is that you don’t realize that theres alot more like me.

Things are different from wheb you grew up. I work hard but times feel more bleak.

Thanks for your post.
I do realize there are many like you.
The sad part is,unfortunately not enough!

Old 02-15-2019, 03:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
About half of millennials are in their 30s. Though a stereotype lingers of millennials as perpetual adolescents, many have reached standard markers of adulthood. Census data shows
far fewer than half of people in their 30s have not married—25.7% of 35-to-39s and 38.4% of 30-to-34s. Parenthood is now the norm for older millennials. The proportion of women who are childless falls from 53.8% of 25-to-29s to 30.8% of 30-to-34s and to just 18.5% of 35-to-39s. Millennials are also mostly earning a living: Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows a bit more than eight in 10 of the 25-to-34s and 35-to-44s are in the workforce as of 2017. All these trends are pushing millennials toward homeownership. Census data for Q3 2018 says 57.5% of 35-to-39s and 48.0% of 30-to-34s owned their homes.
(Source: 2016 Census data)

Old 02-15-2019, 05:10 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thanks for your post.
I do realize there are many like you.
The sad part is,unfortunately not enough!
Not sure on the statistics.
But I know we were not in control when we were growing up. War on terror, recession, war with iraq, 9/11 etc.

And yes, we can change things and will. But it would be for the next generation.

I feel like the sifference is that when we vote, we actually wanna have a better future for thenext generations.
Previous ones had this “F* you I got mines” type of mindset. What benefits me today? Not what benefits all of us.

Especially looking at climate change, no one older cares because thryre gonna be dead before things hit the fan. We know we will be affected, and our kids will too.

And Im jot saying this applies to you. If you have kids or grandkids, Im sure you care about them.

Some posts ive seen here were like “i dont give an eff about next generations, I don’t have kids etc”.

Like damn dude, I hope tou live long enough to witness the results and be held accountable.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 AM

252 posts, read 358,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
Even if all that were true, the older generation has only itself to blame. After all, they raised the Millenials to be the way they are now. So your question could also be re-phrased: "Why did so many boomers raise their children in failure mode?".
Good point! Some of my coworkers complain about their 20+ yr old children still living at home with no motivation. From outsider views, this was predictable 10+ years ago. I remember lunchroom conversations between them from more strict parents like 'why are you still doing his laundry, he's 15", etc etc . Of course, it's not all Millenials, but this failure to thrive seems to be a higher percentage than previous generations.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Not sure on the statistics.
But I know we were not in control when we were growing up. War on terror, recession, war with iraq, 9/11 etc.

And yes, we can change things and will. But it would be for the next generation.

I feel like the sifference is that when we vote, we actually wanna have a better future for thenext generations.
Previous ones had this “F* you I got mines” type of mindset. What benefits me today? Not what benefits all of us.

Especially looking at climate change, no one older cares because thryre gonna be dead before things hit the fan. We know we will be affected, and our kids will too.

And Im jot saying this applies to you. If you have kids or grandkids, Im sure you care about them.

Some posts ive seen here were like “i dont give an eff about next generations, I don’t have kids etc”.

Like damn dude, I hope tou live long enough to witness the results and be held accountable.

Well Done.
All opinions are valuable as a guide.
One takes what is positive from the message and moves on to better oneself.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
Good point! Some of my coworkers complain about their 20+ yr old children still living at home with no motivation. From outsider views, this was predictable 10+ years ago. I remember lunchroom conversations between them from more strict parents like 'why are you still doing his laundry, he's 15", etc etc . Of course, it's not all Millenials, but this failure to thrive seems to be a higher percentage than previous generations.

Destroy the nucleus of the family and you have set up the generations that follow for hardship.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
About half of millennials are in their 30s. Though a stereotype lingers of millennials as perpetual adolescents, many have reached standard markers of adulthood. Census data shows
far fewer than half of people in their 30s have not married—25.7% of 35-to-39s and 38.4% of 30-to-34s. Parenthood is now the norm for older millennials. The proportion of women who are childless falls from 53.8% of 25-to-29s to 30.8% of 30-to-34s and to just 18.5% of 35-to-39s. Millennials are also mostly earning a living: Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows a bit more than eight in 10 of the 25-to-34s and 35-to-44s are in the workforce as of 2017. All these trends are pushing millennials toward homeownership. Census data for Q3 2018 says 57.5% of 35-to-39s and 48.0% of 30-to-34s owned their homes.
(Source: 2016 Census data)

Although the stats show progress the quality of life measured is not on
the same scale when in comparison to those who consider themselves settled.
Home ownership numbers are skeptical as the unregulated market is in chaos.
I wish continued success to those who work their hides off investing in their future
and focus on family and saving for a comfortable retirement.
The more you work the better off your family will be.........

Old 02-18-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:

In times that seem bleak ......push a little harder...................
Job well done.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:56 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
Why better yourself when one can rely on handouts? Enough people wont work when government will take care of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies