Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 03:15 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
When you consider than Congress is majority male and that they're not getting the job done, maybe Mrs. Clinton is right.

Quote:
But this is a woman that says the future is female so I am sure in her mind "women's rights" just means women control everything.
Where, exactly, does it say this in the link you provided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We have a double standard in this county, where a man who says something is strong, and a woman who says the same thing is a bi*ch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The officer is a woman. The officer is an Hispanic woman. The officer is a 24 year old Hispanic woman.
This has what, exactly, to do with the thread topic?

Quote:
The difference between this young warrior and Hillary Clinton is that this young officer doesn't whine like a privileged, opportunistic, agenda-driven, entitled little b*tch.
Exhibit A proving Don1945's post above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 03:22 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm a woman, and this is BS. I've posted this before. I not only am afforded every opportunity a man is, I can take advantage of programs and incentives that have been put in place specifically for women. I've been both a career professional and a stay-at-home mom, and there has been no "privilege" that a man has had, that I haven't. Again, if anything, I was given MORE leeway due to gender. And if a woman is being a *****, there's nothing the matter with calling it out. Not every aggression is bitchiness, but to imply that strong=***** if you're female is absolutely wrong.

Besides, haven't recent threads taught you that if you're not a woman (gay, POC, etc.), you don't get to speak to what that experience is?

I bet you hate it when men hold doors for you, don't you ?

Old 02-09-2019, 03:45 PM

83 posts, read 57,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm a woman, and this is BS. I've posted this before. I not only am afforded every opportunity a man is, I can take advantage of programs and incentives that have been put in place specifically for women. I've been both a career professional and a stay-at-home mom, and there has been no "privilege" that a man has had, that I haven't. Again, if anything, I was given MORE leeway due to gender. And if a woman is being a *****, there's nothing the matter with calling it out. Not every aggression is bitchiness, but to imply that strong=***** if you're female is absolutely wrong.

Besides, haven't recent threads taught you that if you're not a woman (gay, POC, etc.), you don't get to speak to what that experience is?
Thank you. But look just how backwards things are in places such as CA where they passed a law mandating there has to be women in the board room:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/calif...161643486.html

Women can't do it on their own apparently, they need special pro-woman laws. Yet despite being the most pro-woman state in the union they still have "women marches".

Old 02-09-2019, 03:48 PM

83 posts, read 57,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When you consider than Congress is majority male and that they're not getting the job done, maybe Mrs. Clinton is right.

Where, exactly, does it say this in the link you provided?
She said it right after she lost the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvdp9jiUA9I

Dana Loesch made an excellent response video to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfWIMrdPTE

Old 02-09-2019, 04:05 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Maybe I just am more honest and strong enough to admit it, than you. Think about that one.

Sorry, but no. You can't unsay what you said (even though you have a history of trying that). You speak for you, but not for me. My knuckles never touch the ground, like you claim yours do.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:09 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
In other words, all men must be killed after they breed a couple of women.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
I bet you hate it when men hold doors for you, don't you ?
How in the world did you get there? My post was about the ample opportunities for women - to the point that I think we're somewhat over-compensated. Hiring quotas, loans specifically for women business owners, reduced physical fitness requirements for certain jobs.... we're not being held back. And not everything that goes wrong in our lives is due to our gender.

To your point, though, I like having a man hold a door for me. Right now I'm working as a seamstress. I'm not offended by the title, and am not going to insist I be called an 'alterations expert' or some other nonsense. I got called 'hon' today by a male shop owner, and not only wasn't offended, I thought it was sweet. What else was he going to call me? 'Lady'? Nothing? Just keep the exchange brusque and impersonal? Too many of today's women are too eager to find misogyny and inequality around every corner, and it's beginning to affect how we're treated. I hope I never see the day when men stop interacting with women because we've become so angry over what isn't really a problem to begin with.

Back to Hillary and Nancy; I have no respect for Hillary. She's a whiny crybaby. As for Pelosi, despite being on the 'other side of the aisle' (and despite thinking she may have some dementia issues on occasion) I have a great amount of respect for her. Maybe she can teach Hillary some lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies