Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 02:59 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

I'm listening to "on the media" on NPR and what a CROCK!

First they interviewed someone about the "New Green Deal" and everyone agreed that it is a wonderful idea to help save the planet that is reaching a tipping point of no return in 12 years.

They also complained of course that Trump does not believe in climate change and they said that his comments about the border are all lies. They then went on to say that there are already people fleeing the failing crops of their homeland in hopes of reaching America. Sooo as the earth gets hotter and more and more crops are destroyed and people become displaced as a result and are then forced to move away can we deduce from this that NPR sees this as a bad thing and they secretly support the wall?

They did say that Trump is lying about the crisis at the border but they then said that if global warming isn't reversed that his lies will become the truth in the near future.

Imagine that.

If the planet really is doomed as the Left tells us it is then shouldn't we be getting ahead of the mass migration of displaced people and build that wall now and not later when it is too late?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 03:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
There is no crisis at the border so they are correct about that.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:28 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm listening to "on the media" on NPR and what a CROCK!

First they interviewed someone about the "New Green Deal" and everyone agreed that it is a wonderful idea to help save the planet that is reaching a tipping point of no return in 12 years.

They also complained of course that Trump does not believe in climate change and they said that his comments about the border are all lies. They then went on to say that there are already people fleeing the failing crops of their homeland in hopes of reaching America. Sooo as the earth gets hotter and more and more crops are destroyed and people become displaced as a result and are then forced to move away can we deduce from this that NPR sees this as a bad thing and they secretly support the wall?

They did say that Trump is lying about the crisis at the border but they then said that if global warming isn't reversed that his lies will become the truth in the near future.

Imagine that.

If the planet really is doomed as the Left tells us it is then shouldn't we be getting ahead of the mass migration of displaced people and build that wall now and not later when it is too late?

Oh, my word. You are making some HUGE leaps here.

First of all, they are covering the New Green Deal because it is newsworthy. And it is a counterpoint to the administrations line of there being no global climate change. Do you deny that it is in opposition to what Trump has repeatedly Tweeted?

And there will be HUGE impacts on populations if we don't get things on the right track--a lot of us believe that--so it is something to consider, and it would behoove us to come up with solutions before there is an actual crisis (as opposed to the manufactured one now), but that doesn't mean that only THE WALL will fix everything. It won't. It would make situations more dangerous and volatile, though.

So, yeah. What's the problem?

It may be trivial, but On the Media is a production of WNYC, not NPR, although it is primarily heard on NPR-affiliated stations and was once distributed by NPR. Just want to be sure you point your ire in the right direction.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:32 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
There is no crisis at the border so they are correct about that.
There is no crisis. Walls work. Illegal immigration across the border is a big issue. We need a wall at the border.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Congratulations, Todd! I gather you're a Republican/Conservative, so I admire you for listening to NPR which many people consider to be leftie.

I didn't hear that program, and of course there are many crucial issues deserving of attention, but a lot of experts feel that all the mass migration is a symptom of larger problems, not the cause. I'm not an expert, especially as I don't think the southern border is the crisis that Trump claims, but I imagine that the causes probably include things like inequality and crime.

Hope you keep listening to NPR. They have a lot of interesting things, including things that aren't political.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies