Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump has e-verify in his 2019 budget so you were saying? Ever heard of the term "innocent until proven guilty"? Would you want to be accused of something and convicted of it without any proof or a fair trial? Think about it and put your hatred of Trump aside in this issue. Let justice be served the way it's intended to not convicting him without that.
More BS.

E-Verify was there for him to use since it's been implemented. Even before that he could certainly assume the non-english speakers were likely not citizens...and folks that work for 20% of normal wages aren't either.

E-Verify would have been easy to do his first day in office....his "budget" for 2019 has 23 million in it for improving the system...a JOKE when it comes to implementing it. Even Texas claims it would cost them 100's of millions of dollars for implementation and enforcement.

One gets the idea that if he peeled off a $100 bill and said "this is for E-Verify", you'd think he was being honest and getting the job done.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Trump personally interviewed and processed their HR paperwork?
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...lity/71131674/

Old 02-11-2019, 02:43 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
So, is he flagrantly hypocritical, or just colossally clueless? Or, could be both.

Undocumented Workers Lose Their Jobs at Yet Another Trump Property
By Miriam Jordan and Ben Protess

President Trump’s family business has employed undocumented workers more broadly than it was previously believed, with multiple workers losing their jobs last month at a Trump golf club in southern New Jersey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/u...ers-fired.html
It's folly to think that President Trump knows who works for him and who doesn't. He has human resource departments that are supposed to do their job. If they don't then illegals slip in. They're good at it, you know. They've been doing it a long time.

Kudos that they lost their jobs. Somebody woke up.

Not Trump's responsibility.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I work for a giant company. It is very hard to weed out the contractor traitors that use illegals. We obviously can't just interrogate them because they speak spanish. Illegal isn't a race and isn't a language. E verify should be mandatory for any contractor AND sub contractor.

All I know is Trump is the first President in a LONG time to actually attempt to curb this travesty.
....attempts to curb this travesty IN OTHERS, is key.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
He's not really being effective. Everify should be mandatory... but he's focusing on a much lesser effective wall.
Sure he is. That way, he can continue to hire a pipeline of illegals to work on all his properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So can anyone picture illegal workers for the Clintons or Obamas being defended by anyone at all?

“For me, moving to the U.S. wasn’t a very drastic change,” one former employee of the Trump National Golf Club told the Post. “My whole town practically lived there.”

That employee was referencing Santa Teresa de Cajon, which reportedly became a pipeline for undocumented workers. The workers said they completed menial jobs for much less than what they would have been paid as legal licensed employees, and were intentionally hidden during high-profile events.

What’s worse, all 16 of the undocumented employees, who provided pay stubs and other evidence of their time at the course, told the Post that their managers were aware of their illegal status..."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tiny-c...lf-course-wapo

https://qz.com/1490579/ivanka-trumps...xpayers-58000/
And they all come from the same location!

Trump is such a hypocrite. Hiring illegals by the hundreds over the years; knowing they were on and working his properties while he tries to make the US taxpayers pay for a WALL that was used to help him remember to bash illegal immigration.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:30 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sure he is. That way, he can continue to hire a pipeline of illegals to work on all his properties.

And they all come from the same location!

Trump is such a hypocrite. Hiring illegals by the hundreds over the years; knowing they were on and working his properties while he tries to make the US taxpayers pay for a WALL that was used to help him remember to bash illegal immigration.
Whatever the case, now he's trying to do something about it. Are you going whine about it or support trying to fix the problem?

Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Whatever the case, now he's trying to do something about it. Are you going whine about it or support trying to fix the problem?

Why do these idiots keep claiming that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working for him when there is no proof of that? I'd hate to be defendant in a case that they were the jurors on. I guess they have forgotten "innocent until proven guilty".

Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why do these idiots keep claiming that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working for him when there is no proof of that? I'd hate to be defendant in a case that they were the jurors on. I guess they have forgotten "innocent until proven guilty".
Buck stops with trump, plain & simple. Period. End of story.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
^^^
this

Old 02-11-2019, 06:38 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Buck stops with trump, plain & simple. Period. End of story.
Fortunately reality is much different. If I have a company and one of my employees is a killer, or even embezzling, that person is responsible not me, the company owner. I understand that it's easier for some to blame others for your problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies