Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The Republicans.
I'm not so sure, I hear they loved Micheal Jackson if that's any clue.

The real answer for 500 Bob is both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Source? When people make claims they should support them with evidence.

The biggest racist I see in our country are liberals/progressives/democrats who spent all their time pointing fingers at others.

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...uotes-n1549044

Remember liberal's favorite president said this...
I never cared for Bill. But have a totally different take on what he said. It was remarkable that a black man was being nominated by a major party. Would that 20 years ago be 1989? Blacks have only been able to vote since the 15th amendment. But truly, the voting rights act. In my east Texas town one needed to be a property owner, or pass a test until mid 60's.

Jesse Jackson ran in 88 and got 20% of the vote. We were in Florida at my daughter's new in laws for Christmas dinner. The talk came around to the election. Somebody asked who did you vote for and we all said Jesse Jackson. This table full of semi strangers all broke out laughing. Aunts, uncles cousins from all over, 2 separate families decided we had something in common besides the newly weds.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Being a minority does not exclude you from being a racist. They are the ones who have instituted anti-white racism with their affirmative action and double standards.
What a stupid reply. Stick to your OP. When it comes down to diversity of races, Democrats are the party of inclusion and Republicans are the party of White People. That’s a fact.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Burn a cross? Did you really say that?
Yes I did. The KKK supports Trump and Republicans.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:30 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
More right wing "I've been living under a rock for 50 years"' and fail to recognize that the GOP is NOW the party of racism in this country.
Complete and utter nonsense.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The democrats of course! History repeating itself (democrats have historical ties to the KKK).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...c-policymakers
Yes, the Democrats were the party of slavery, of Jim Crow and lynchings. Unfortunately for them the Republicans ended all that, but in the 60's the Democrats slowly realized they could reinstate their plantation system, this time by keeping minorities in the inner city plantation and keeping them voting for them by impoverishing them.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:38 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Not this again.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, the Democrats were the party of slavery, of Jim Crow and lynchings. Unfortunately for them the Republicans ended all that, but in the 60's the Democrats slowly realized they could reinstate their plantation system, this time by keeping minorities in the inner city plantation and keeping them voting for them by impoverishing them.
In the 60’s, the Democrats pushed through the Voting Rights act and closely aligned with Dr King. A partnership that continues to this day even after his assassination. Have no idea what you are talking about by your inner city plantation comment. If you are referring to the War on Poverty, I’ll remind you that program was a benefit to all races.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Party of Southern white dudes?
More like the party of non-diversity :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resiz...D7ZGGYE2GE.jpg

Which party looks more like America ?

Old 02-11-2019, 05:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
In the 60’s, the Democrats pushed through the Voting Rights act and closely aligned with Dr King. A partnership that continues to this day even after his assassination. Have no idea what you are talking about by your inner city plantation comment. If you are referring to the War on Poverty, I’ll remind you that program was a benefit to all races.
Most of us here commenting know, or at least should know (I try to assume those posting know things, as opposed as assuming they don't) the history of this act, along with the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

In fact, both acts were bipartisan, with southern Democrats, in whose districts the Voting Rights Act was instituted, being the holdouts to both. The Voting Rights Act passed with (Democrats 221-61, Republicans 112-24).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies