Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,234 times

Advertisements

Seen this hashtag floating around twitter, very interesting insight. Seems like a civil war within the Democratic party, look like Trump is going to win in 2020. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Seen this hashtag floating around twitter, very interesting insight. Seems like a civil war within the Democratic party, look like Trump is going to win in 2020. LOL
This is about equity for black Americans who are descendents of slaves.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:13 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to guess ados is African Descendants of Slaves?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Equity or equality? It's "descendants".

Old 02-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I'm going to guess ados is African Descendants of Slaves?
correct. The ADOS movement is being pushed by conscious woke blacks in social media by the likes of Antonio Moore, Yvette Carnal and Tariq Nasheed and others.

I remember my old man telling me, that America is ready for a black president, and will have a black president, but America wont have a black American president, and is not ready to elect a black American for president. The reason why will be the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and other issues that will be brought up into the national spot light once again. It is very interesting that America elected a black man of immigrant descent vs a black person of American slave descent. Even though Mr. Obama married a Black American women who a descendent of slaves but also out of touch with her cohort, Obama never had a clear message for black Americans.

Why are American blacks doing ADOS. It is to get information out there, and plenty of black Americans feel that they have been left out of the conversation politically and economically on the national level. ADOS, black Americans want the national government to have a black agenda. The only president who recently had an agenda for blacks is Donald Trump. Trump told you black Americans, what do we have to loose? He told you guys that.

Also ADOS want reparations for slavery and Jim Crow. A California woman wants 100 billion dollars for reparations, however sharing 100 billion with 34 million black Americans only equates to 2000 dollars per person.

Also ADOS movement is strong amongst black Americans who reject he democrat party. Those that reject the democrat party are either conscious woke pro blacks, and black conservatives. Both camps or black echo chambers are anti democrat, and are also anti immigrant. ADOS also reject blacks of immigrant descent such as Black Caribbean's, black Latinos, black Africans. Plenty of black immigrants made strong gains in the pasts 100 years, most notably wining the white house. The first black female elected to congress was a half Guyanese/Bajan woman, and not an African American, Colin Powel a Jamaican American became an high ranking general in the US ARMY. Much of these gains have been made through using African American affirmative action which are supposed to be designed for black Americans only, but was never enforced. This is the reason why at times on an application I check off other instead of checking African American. Not because I'm a biracial, but because I'm not a Black or African American. My parents come from South American nation of Guyana, but I was born here in the states.

As for ADOS? I hope black Americans get what they want or tend to achieve. They should obtain some sort of reparations off of years of toil and unanswered agendas from both democrat and republican parties.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Equity or equality? It's "descendants".
Equity, equality in the past 50 years did not work, and if it did work, it only worked for a small few.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:18 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,234 times
So these are conservatives??? I'm not tracking

Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Just another identity politics thread started by a right winger.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:25 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
So these are conservatives??? I'm not tracking
No, economically they are left of center. Yvette and Tone support reparations and other measures that redistributes wealth to the American Descendants of Slaves ( Ann Coulter suggested they rearrange to Descendants of American Slaves as the previous term could in theory cover Caribbean Blacks).

They are more conservative in terms of immigration. They don't like the Left's obsession over it. They also don't like how immigrant blacks are more successful o average than American blacks and are used as examples of black success, thus masking the poverty and lack of wealth among American blacks.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No, economically they are left of center. Yvette and Tone support reparations and other measures that redistributes wealth to the American Descendants of Slaves ( Ann Coulter suggested they rearrange to Descendants of American Slaves as the previous term could in theory cover Caribbean Blacks).

They are more conservative in terms of immigration. They don't like the Left's obsession over it. They also don't like how immigrant blacks are more successful o average than American blacks and are used as examples of black success, thus masking the poverty and lack of wealth among American blacks.
This is correct. Concious Pro black woke community is very anti immigrant. They disagree with the left on immigration even though conscious woke pro black, and black feminists are part of intersectionality. Some in the pro black community do not like homesexuality either. And yes Afro Latinos, Afro Caribbean, Africans and other blacks like Haitians and afro Guyanese tend to be more successful than African Americans. Black immigrants tend to exploit systems of welfare for their own personal gain, end up going to college, and end up having some good job, often at times declaring themselves to be African American. If I'm not mistaken there are Nigerian neighborhoods in places like Houston and Los Angeles where the average Nigerian home has far more assets than the typical African American home.

I'm a descendent of black immigrants. Generally we stick together, also we avoid trouble. We at times believe we are better than most people including black Americans, and white Americans too. Within a generation or two black immigrants start to blend with black Americans via mating and marrying. Example African man with an African American wife, or an African American man with a Dominican wife. In a place like NYC for example. plenty of black Americans marry and or have kids with Dominican, Haitian, Afro Cuban, Afro Guyanese, African, Trinidadian, Panamanian, Afro Colombian, Afro Caribbean, men and women. Other than drugs within the Afro Latino and Afro Caribbean populations, Afro Latinos and Afro Caribbeans do not get into much legal trouble unlike African Americans, thus creating a level of stability. Black immigrants also practice a potluck or susu where people within the community put money in for an individual to buy a home or to send a child to a decent college, or money to start a business, vs going to a bank and paying an hefty loan.

I would also like to add that Panafricanism is on the decline. Divisions between Afro Americans, Afro Latinos, Afro Caribbeans and Africans seem to be a problem. I'm surprised that the conscious woke community hates Trump, but they don embrace. Like pro blacks, Trump too does not like immigration especially from brown and black places. Pro blacks also don't like immigration from black and brown places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies