Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 07:07 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
You would never see them bend over backwards for blacks, Mexican Americans or gays. When they get up on their soapboxes, they look hypocritical when you consider how they’ve put Trump on a pedestal.
You think? It's my impression that anti-semites are more likely to be Republicans than Democrats.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:26 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You think? It's my impression that anti-semites are more likely to be Republicans than Democrats.
That's been my impression as well.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Evangelicals need the real estate in Israel for their Rapture fantasy.
Ok you really need to look back at history.
Carter. A Dem, pretty much, no not pretty much, absolutely committed the USA to dumping billions in foreign aid to Israel.

Clinton a Dem, had no issue kissing Israeli ass.

How much did Obama penalize Israel for their many transgressions? Did he cut aid? Support? No he didn't.

This isn't a GOP issue, this is an American political system issue. AIPAC buys both parties and politicians absolutely fear the backlash of not supporting Israel.

Me? I would tell them the party is over, raise taxes, do what you must, but the free cash is over. I would also hold them to the same standards we do everyone else. Meaning they would likely be labeled a terrorist state.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
You would never see them bend over backwards for blacks, Mexican Americans or gays.
Those other groups have no power.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Repubs stand up for all, w/o special treatment for any-which is discrimination against those not bestowed special treatment.

Then WHY don't they stand up for Ukraine, a country whose holodomor caused as many deaths as the holocaust?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:05 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I think it’s around 50:50.

You might think the way you do for a few reasons. One, is that the right wing anti semites are very blunt about it, while the left wing anti semites are usually (but not always) more subtle about it. They will often cloak it in something about Israel, or the Palestinians, but if you listen to them speak a little more, they inevitably say “Jews”, not “Israelis”.

Also, I think people on the left often have blinders to it when it comes from people on their side of the aisle because it goes against their narrative about republicans being racist, and democrats being inclusive.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Republicans kiss Israel’s ass because they hate Arabs and they believe in that rapture nonsense.

Israel is the best overall country in the Middle East by objective standards...there is no harm in liking the countries that provide the best lives in their regions. Especially one that is surrounded by bigots that want to kill them.

One could argue Muslims are freer in Israel than in any other Middle East country.

With that said, I wouldn't mind scaling back our actions around the world.

https://www.prosperity.com/rankings

https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...country-scores

https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index-new

P.S. Technically Jews don't believe in the rapture.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
So. And?

The Republican Party has never done a damn thing for African Americans. Period point blank.
The only good deed that the Repubs have done for the blacks was invite Booker T Washington to the White House in Pres Teddy Roosevelt’s term.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
And modern day Republicans are probably STILL mad about that!! Lol
Well, the current "resident" of the White House has made it a DIShonor to be invited to the WH that many sports teams have skipped out. Way to go, Donald!

Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
From my experience, Republicans are more likely to be Zionists and also more likely to be antisemetic on a personal level. Meanwhile the Democratic party has a better relationship with the Jewish community but tends to oppose or at least be more skeptical of Zionism.

The reason goes back to the Christian Right. They believe the last thing that is necessary before Jesus returns to earth is for the Dome of the Rock to be replaced by the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Trump's move of the embassy to Jerusalem was pretty much entirely a move to nudge things in that direction.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...s-blood-moons/
Your experience wears blinders. Your posts expose that.

Nearly eight-in-ten black Americans (79%) identify as Christian, according to Pew Research Center’s 2014 Religious Landscape Study. By comparison, seven-in-ten Americans overall (71%) say they are Christian, including 70% of whites, 77% of Latinos and just 34% of Asian Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies