Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2019, 01:58 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Apparently they agreed.

I mean, Dems would never agree to something they don't believe in would they? Nawwwwww.

I'm very much aware of how hateful Omar is. She's from Somalia. A refugee. And this is what she does the first time she gets any type of "power". Maybe we should be rethinking our "refugee" acceptance. What she said to Trump today would never have been accepted in Somalia had she said that to the President of that country. Miss "I love Sharia law" seems to be able to say that in a country where she's not going to be subject to such things.

As for the Dems, I agree that their "outrage" at what she said is all lies. But, the beauty of that Motion to Recommit was that the Dems lost face either way. They don't sign it - whew boy, there goes all of the Jews who vote for Dems. They do sign it, it shows everyone else that they will sign things they don't agree with - even if it's against what the voters and their constituents want. Makes you wonder what else they've passed that they don't agree with and are going against what those who voted for them want. They "bent over backwards" for this - but the OP wanted to say it was 'only Republicans'. Oh no, that game gets played by both sides.
I missed it? What did she say?

(This crop of new Democrats scares the bejesus out of me.)

Old 02-14-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So tell me then, why do Jewish Americans vote for Democrats at a 75% rate? And why are most politicians of the Jewish faith of the Democratic party?
Because their liberalism trumps their Judaism.

Take FDR. Why in the world did Jews love him? He wouldn't raise the quotas for Jews fleeing Hitler (now THAT is asylum), and he wouldn't even let in the doomed passengers of the St. Louis. Shameful. He also was on the Board of Directors of Harvard and advocating for Jew quotas there.

But....he was all about liberal social policies, and that's what drives most Jews' votes.

But, if Democrats insist on protecting anti-Semites in their midst, and giving the latest one carte-blanche to go after a Jewish witness with all the disdain she could muster, you might see some Jews (reluctantly) switch parties.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I missed it? What did she say?

(This crop of new Democrats scares the bejesus out of me.)
The usual spew you hear from some of the most TDS inflicted: Blah blah blah, you hate black people, blah, blah, blah, you're racist and bigoted, blah, blah, blah, I learned from what people told me, you haven't (liar - her "apology" was such bs), you know - nothing of worth. Anything to try to take the heat off of herself.

Here's the tweet - sorry, it was yesterday:

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095683268693905410

Old 02-14-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
The usual spew you hear from some of the most TDS inflicted: Blah blah blah, you hate black people, blah, blah, blah, you're racist and bigoted, blah, blah, blah, I learned from what people told me, you haven't (liar - her "apology" was such bs), you know - nothing of worth. Anything to try to take the heat off of herself.
SHE'S one to talk about bigotry! And apparently she didn't learn. Jewish leaders met with her last summer to call her out over her anti-Semitism!

And I am SO tired of that "you hate black people" stuff. Democrats are losing their standing to call out other people for their bigotry when they elect and defend bigots. Pelosi sure stood up for her today.

Speaking of which, how come those elected Democratic officials in Virginia are still in office?

Old 02-14-2019, 02:17 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:

Take FDR. Why in the world did Jews love him? He wouldn't raise the quotas for Jews fleeing Hitler (now THAT is asylum), and he wouldn't even let in the doomed passengers of the St. Louis. Shameful. He also was on the Board of Directors of Harvard and advocating for Jew quotas there.

But....he was all about liberal social policies, and that's what drives most Jews' votes.

But, if Democrats insist on protecting anti-Semites in their midst, and giving the latest one carte-blanche to go after a Jewish witness with all the disdain she could muster, you might see some Jews (reluctantly) switch parties.
Well, given that you are swift to condemn anti-Semitism in any public figure, it's fair to say that you may be a bit disappointed with Trump if you support him...or is there a double standard operating here?

A number of instances documenting words and actions from DJT - that you are likely to denounce if it came from other public figures:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1400...-semitic-dance

Trump

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...134121614.html

https://www.ajc.com/news/trump-vigor...TEWhQVfWOyjGP/

Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Here's the tweet - sorry, it was yesterday:

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095683268693905410
OMG! SHE's talking about hate, and claiming she's learning? Hah. She didn't learn much from the "intervention" Jews in her district had with her last summer over their concerns with her blatant anti-Semitism. The only thing that's changed is that she has a bigger platform to spew it.

If I lived in her district, and my neighbors elected an anti-Semite like her, I would sell my home and move.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, given that you are swift to condemn anti-Semitism in any public figure, it's fair to say that you may be a bit disappointed with Trump if you support him...or is there a double standard operating here?

A number of instances documenting words and actions from DJT - that you are likely to denounce if it came from other public figures:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1400...-semitic-dance

Trump

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...134121614.html

https://www.ajc.com/news/trump-vigor...TEWhQVfWOyjGP/
Only read the first one (I see you went to liberal sources) to get a flavor of what you're talking about, and its the same old stuff about Trump energizing White Nationalists.

Trump is the best president we've had for Jews in a long time.

BTW, are YOU Jewish?

(And you're assuming I voted for him.)

Old 02-14-2019, 02:52 PM

35,066 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
You would never see them bend over backwards for blacks, Mexican Americans or gays. When they get up on their soapboxes, they look hypocritical when you consider how they’ve put Trump on a pedestal.
Why would the Democrats have abandoned their still-loyal supporters?

Old 02-14-2019, 03:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Trump is the best president we've had for Jews in a long time.

BTW, are YOU Jewish?

(And you're assuming I voted for him.)
You didn't read the other links, which includes the Miami Herald and Atlanta Journal Constitution. Hardly liberal links. Boy, you really got your blinders going, huh?

Well, then why did the folks in Pittsburgh try to dissuade him from coming over after the synagogue shooting in Squirrel Hill? You can deny all you want, but Trump doesn't exactly have clean hands in terms of anti-Semitism - You'd be all over him if he was someone else.

No. Why, do I have to be, to comment on this thread?

Last edited by silverkris; 02-14-2019 at 03:58 PM..

Old 02-14-2019, 03:58 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:

Before you start painting Democrats with such a broad brush, I would like to point out that you are the second person here I have seen mention the St. Louis, and what a shameful moment that was for our country. Do you know who the first one was? I'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies