Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times

Advertisements

Fox Films founder William Fox was a Republican of Hungarian Jewish descent. He would likely face palm at what his name namesake TV network has become.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You really need to wake up and smell the stink in your own house first.
Republicans attack Jewish candidates across the U.S. with an age-old caricature: Fistfuls of cash

Or maybe antisemitism is OK with you when it's directed at Jewish Democrats?
You're not even making sense. Antisemitism is NEVER OK with me.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
A PhD in history from Columbia disagrees.

Tom Woods on the Lincoln They Don't Want You to Know - The Liberty Caucus

Lincoln:

-Failed to call Congress into session after the South fired upon Fort Sumter, in direct violation of the Constitution.
-Called up an army of 75,000 men, bypassing the Congressional authority in direct violation of the Constitution.
-Unilaterally suspended the writ of habeas corpus, a function of Congress, violating the Constitution.
-Ignored a Supreme Court order to restore the right of habeas corpus.
-When the Chief Justice forwarded a copy of the Supreme Court’s decision to Lincoln, he wrote out an order for the arrest of the Chief Justice and gave it to a U.S. Marshall for expedition.
-Unilaterally ordered a naval blockade of southern ports, an act of war, and a responsibility of Congress.
-Closed over 300 newspapers in the North, because of editorials against his war policy, and sent in Army forces to destroy the printing presses and other machinery at those newspapers,
-Arrested the publishers, editors and owners of those newspapers, and imprisoned them without charge and without trial for the remainder of the war.
-Arrested and imprisoned, without charge or trial, another 15,000-20,000 U.S. citizens who dared to speak out against the war, his policies, or were suspected of anti-war feelings.
-Sent the Army to arrest the entire legislature of Maryland.

Second worst President ever.
OK, big deal - so you found a professor who didn't like Lincoln. Am I supposed to start posting all the opinions from historians ranking Lincoln as one of the top three, if not THE top, president of all time? Good way to derail the thread. Would you rather deflect than discuss why a Democrat opened a thread to complain about people sticking up for the Jews?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I'm not sure I get you. Are you saying that, according to Christian Zionists, when the Rapture is upon the world that Jews will all of a sudden get on board with Jesus? Ain't gonna happen, no how, no way.
That's what they say, not me. Coming from Jewish stock myself, I agree with the idiocy of their plan.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
You're not even making sense. Antisemitism is NEVER OK with me.

Stop pretending you don't get my point. There are more antisemites in the Republican party than the Democrat party. Your continual branding of progressives as antisemites is offensive and ill-placed.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The belief I was taught in church and believed growing up was that the Jews would believe the Anti-Christ to be their promised Messiah when he presides over a seven-year peace deal between Israel and the Arab world. However, half way through the seven years, the deal will collapse. The Anti-Christ will sacrifice a pig inside the Third Jewish Temple, which will be rebuilt by that point on the site that currently contains the Dome of the Rock. That's when the Jews supposedly will embrace Jesus as the Messiah.

What today's fundamentalist Christians don't get is all this 'End Times' stuff is actually describing the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Romans. It also makes the faulty assumption that Judaism = Christianity - Jesus.
Ah, I see. Interesting. Is that in the NT? They teach that Jews believe in the Anti-Christ? Oye!

But regardless...my opinion still stands. Even if that's what fundamentalist Christians believe, so be it. I'd rather have their support for Israel than the BDS crowd of the far-left, who hate Israel with a passion and trot out anti-Semitic insults (like with Jews, it's all about the Benjamins).

Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Stop pretending you don't get my point. There are more antisemites in the Republican party than the Democrat party. Your continual branding of progressives as antisemites is offensive and ill-placed.
I think the damage is worse from the anti-Semites in the Democrat Party. Unfortunate that you can't see it.

And the anti-Israel BDS crowd IS made up of progressives. Have you been on a campus where they protest? They yell Israeli and Jew interchangeably! Don't tell me that doesn't poison the minds of young, impressionable 19-year-olds.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
One more thought: You find my branding of progressives as anti-Semites offensive? Now you know how I've felt for the 2.5 years that Democrats have labeled Republicans, including Jews, as Nazis, racists, and whatever else.

As a Jew, I am fully within my rights to consider from which side antisemitism is most concerning, and to use that to inform my vote.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
I think the damage is worse from the anti-Semites in the Democrat Party. Unfortunate that you can't see it.

And the anti-Israel BDS crowd IS made up of progressives. Have you been on a campus where they protest? They yell Israeli and Jew interchangeably! Don't tell me that doesn't poison the minds of young, impressionable 19-year-olds.
Yeah, so? You think that when conservative candidates portray Jewish candidates as money grubbers, that doesn't poison peoples minds with negative stereotypes? The two go hand-in-hand.

The KKK, white supremacists and alt-right are the domain of CONSERVATIVES.

Who was it in Charlottesville chanting, "Jews will not Replace Us." Here's a clue -- it weren't progressives. Oh, they don't speak for you, you say? But somehow the BDS movement speaks for progressives? Please. There are fringe elements on both sides. Here's a hint for you. Blaming half the people in the US for some evil fringe elements in their camp is bigotry in its most simple form. It may take some introspection on your part to get that. But I really wish you would.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:05 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
You would never see them bend over backwards for blacks, Mexican Americans or gays. When they get up on their soapboxes, they look hypocritical when you consider how they’ve put Trump on a pedestal.

Similar religious, political, and euro-centric tradition. For the same reason we stick with the Brits, despite them invading us X2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies