Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The fix was in before the trial even started.

This is senseless. Americans are mad because their citizens can’t stop being dopers, so they take it out on Chapo.

Meanwhile, this hasn’t put a dent in the dope supply, and the American taxpayer has to feed and house a Mexican criminal that never sold anything personally in this country.
Would he have to be personally out on the streets in order for you to find fault with him? You have relatives on the south side of Chicago. I've posted this previously:

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/ch...ugs/index.html

The government will never stop the drugs from coming in. They don't want to or they would have already done it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't stick it to the guys on the other side when we have the chance.

We also need to stick it to our pols allowing this, but that's another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 09:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if they convict him and send him away for 300 years...has that reduced or stopped his cartel from continuing to ship tons and tons of drugs into the US every day?

He has been in federal custody for months, but drugs are still flowing in like a raging river..?!

Its likely someone else just stepped up to run the cartel when he was not able to.
I'm just glad you're not in charge of anything, nothing would get done with this "well yeah but..." attitude.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Truth is we could well see a democrat drug loving President give old Chapo a pardon in the future.
Just b/c he may be heading for a stay in a super max. doesn't mean he won't get let out the front door.
It should be a debate question for the 2020 election hopefuls. Especially Kamala !!!

Old 02-12-2019, 10:00 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Maybe because she's a golddigger and now she has all that dirty money but doesn't have to deal with the dirty old man who got it?
He is not running the cartel anymore, so he doesnt have access to those Billions of dollars anymore, the new guy who took over now controls all that.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I'm just glad you're not in charge of anything, nothing would get done with this "well yeah but..." attitude.
Hardly! If I was in charge, I would send troops to the poppy fields and destroy them all, destroy the processing and shipping facilities as well.

Have to target the source if you want to stop or reduce it.

The problems in the US would solve themselves after that, drug dealers would no longer be able to 're-up', as there would be no more drugs being produced in large quantities anymore, if there is nothing to sell, drug dealers will be out of a job.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Hardly! If I was in charge, I would send troops to the poppy fields and destroy them all, destroy the processing and shipping facilities as well.

Have to target the source if you want to stop or reduce it.

The problems in the US would solve themselves after that, drug dealers would no longer be able to 're-up', as there would be no more drugs being produced in large quantities anymore, if there is nothing to sell, drug dealers will be out of a job.
What are you going to do invade China too and get rid of fentanyl production.
Good luck with that !!!

There will always be something new developed to feed the drug trade.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Maybe we should change the approach to America's drug problem.

The "war on drugs" is a failure. The drugs have triumphed.

The answer might be to decrease demand.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:17 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
The fix was in before the trial even started.

This is senseless. Americans are mad because their citizens can’t stop being dopers, so they take it out on Chapo.

Meanwhile, this hasn’t put a dent in the dope supply, and the American taxpayer has to feed and house a Mexican criminal that never sold anything personally in this country.
You're correct in that many of the customers are in the US and it's shameful the US taxpayer is going to to have to house this guy. But the supply chain doesn't simply end at a border, Chapos is hardly an innocent person trying to make an honest living (and the US intervenes in matters that much less directly affect us all the time), and do you really think Mexico could do a competent and non-corrupt job at detaining him? If there's something the US does well, it's jailing people.

Quote:
He is not running the cartel anymore, so he doesnt have access to those Billions of dollars anymore, the new guy who took over now controls all that.
Yeah, but his wife is going to have access to his past money. So far, it doesn't look like she's going to be held accountable (at least not for now) for being part of his conspiracy.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Okay. So what benefit am I getting as an American taxpayer housing and feeding a Mexican criminal? To my knowledge, he never did a damn thing in this country nor has he touched a hair on an American head.

All he did was supply an insatiable demand. So what?

He has not personally done anything here but his crime syndicate would be responsible for a lot of crimes here in the US.

As I have said in the past I would legalize all drugs, it's clear to me it's a losing battle. You will eliminate a lot of the crime and violence associated with it both here and abroad.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:22 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
He has not personally done anything here but his crime syndicate would be responsible for a lot of crimes here in the US.

As I have said in the past I would legalize all drugs, it's clear to me it's a losing battle. You will eliminate a lot of the crime and violence associated with it both here and abroad.
If drugs were legalized what would someone like Chapo be doing? Volunteering at a food pantry and animal rescue?

I'm not so sure a hard core criminal like this wouldn't just find some other menacing criminal activity to get into (that has lots of victims just like they're drug dealing) even if drugs were legalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies