Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 04:14 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times

Advertisements

just imagine how bad it would be if Trump hadn't vastly improved the US economic climate. getting out of the fabricated Obama era - zero interest rate environment isn't going to be pretty or easy.

but let's blame Trump for everything. your steak over cooked? Trumps fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Could care less I drive a 90 f150 and a 90 jeep with a carb.Paid cash for both and do my own wrenching.What the heck is an airbag? I heard when they go off they kill you with shrapnel .My truck has a bumper sticker that says No passenger side airbag.
Well, there is a point where most everyone will care when it affects many markets.

Believe me, I get your point....but the country is about more than you and I. My cars are paid for, even my new one. We don't do car payments. We didn't get our first credit card until we were 30 and married for a decade (and that was a Sears card so I could buy tools!)...

In the scheme of economics and politics, tho, this stuff matters.

I don't think any pol is going to give a speech "Hey, you will all have to fix your own cars and pull in the reigns but, still, you should elect me".

Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"A record 7 million Americans are 90 days late on their auto loan payments, an economic red flag
When car loan delinquencies rise, it is usually a sign of significant duress among low-income and working-class Americans."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.2971690bbae0

WaPo Opinion on Trump. Haw..

(they never seem to learn)

Old 02-12-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
just imagine how bad it would be if Trump hadn't vastly improved the US economic climate. getting out of the fabricated Obama era - zero interest rate environment isn't going to be pretty or easy.

1. Trump Steaks closed their doors. Not valid.
"Trump Steaks is a discontinued brand of steak and other meats that was owned by Donald Trump"
2. I'm a lifelong veggie. But he did make my green beans turn army green from overcooking.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The wealthy are notorious for not paying on time.
I used to work for this property management firm in NYC. it is a very small firm, pro Trump too. This firm used to pay its employees late, and at times would warn employees not to deposit checks until the following week. I don't think I can ever work back their again. People have lives too.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 PM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Summary of your post - it's not happening? Do I have that right?

Nope, you are wrong.

Quote:
I don't think I mentioned Trump in the OP...but let me look. NOPE. I didn't....although the last line asks whether those who believe him when he says "best economy ever" will take this seriously.

LOL, you understand that your posts are completely 100% anti-trump.....yes?

Quote:
I don't relish my losses in the market...and I, even more, don't relish young people not able to afford cars or education or houses. These are not good things.

Well, lets talk about this. Can the young afford the car they want or need? Can you tell us the ratios of young people that bought cars they wanted, but did not need? Can you tell us how many young people bought houses they wanted, but did not need? Can you tell us how many young people decided to do an education that has very little to help out society?

Quote:
See if you can tamp down your TDS and consider economics. It will be here long after Trump is unable to brag about how Great things are.

See, if you can really consider economics (wants not needs), you'd understand that what is happening today is not because of trump but because of what your savior obama started.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Well, there is a point where most everyone will care when it affects many markets.

I don't think any pol is going to give a speech "Hey, you will all have to fix your own cars and pull in the reigns but, still, you should elect me".
Jimmy Carter tried that approach he lost.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:26 PM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post

Great post...

Even as extremely simple your post is, the OP will not understand it....and you'll get flak from those that also don't understand what you stated.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:32 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
I'm not shocked, auto prices are ridiculous now. If you're struggling financially, those big payments are going to be a lot tougher to make than payments in years past were.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:32 PM

As if I made up the Fidelity and other reports on what the Fed saw and said....amazing!

Don't blame the messenger. I was posting the same type of stuff in 2006 when all my rightie friends were claiming that it was my dislike of GWB's economic miracles that made me do it.

Realty is a bitter pill. Those of you with a big cushion...I'm happy for you. But some of the same young people who had to deal with the effects of the Great Recession now are unable to make car payments. That's not a net positive no matter whose flag you fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies