Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That would suggest the resolution was a gimmick.
A paradigm shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM

255 posts, read 69,053 times
AOC's sky-high levels of ignorance are endemic throughout the Democratic Party and have been for decades, and the fact that she's the new face of the Democratic Party is no surprise; Sharpton & Jackson are equally clueless yet all are sacred cows at the NYT, CNN and throughout the rest of the FNU (Fake News Universe) which Trump has shone a bright blinding light on much to their consternation.

Dr. Sowell's unimpeachable words of wisdom and decades of sharing it wells beyond his days at UCLA certainly exemplify fact-based economics, and the recent post by uggabugga is absolutely spot-on.

Democrats have never been middle-class friendly with their economic policies as evidenced by turning once-thriving cities such as Detroit & Baltimore into liberal-created hellholes which do go up in flames from time to time.

Then there's the fact that none of them voted for the tax-cut bill which shows everybody what they really
think of the middle class in this country, and African-Americans in particular whom they've been blatantly been lying to for long before Pinocchio Schumer entered Congress in 1981.

This African-American baby-boomer woke up decades ago about what lefties REALLY think about minorities as exemplified by racists ranging from George Wallace to Bull Connor as welll as KKK icons such as the late Robert Byrd, who somehow became a Senator.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What you and McConnell wish is that the nutty stuff you've been told about is what a "New Green Deal" bill would contain.

While the resolution is lacking in detail they were clearly outlined by AOC the author of this heap of trash. You can view the outline of her proposals in the now deleted page here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190207...n-new-deal-faq

For example this gem:

Quote:
Economic security to all who are unable or unwilling to work

McConnell nor myself need to make anything up.....

Old 02-14-2019, 10:05 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv201 View Post
... the fact that she's the new face of the Democratic Party is no surprise
You state that as fact, and you're actually wrong. Only a sucker would get their talking points from Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter or Donald Trump.

Before I typed, I checked out REAL facts. I went to the Democrats webpage, and looked at who THEY say their leaders are, and not only is she not THE face of the party, her face did not even appear:

https://democrats.org/about/our-lead...ource=homepage

(Some of) You guys are such filthy liars. You state that she is the face of the DNC because you want to promote a false narrative. Totally fine that you don't agree with their platform. I'm at odds with much of it, and I'm at odds with much of their leadership. That's fair game, but for the love of country, either speak truth, or keep quiet.

(It must be really tough, when DJT IS IN FACT the face of the GOP. I can't imagine being in a position where you are jealous of the DNC. That's a pretty low place to be. But instead of digging out with lies, why don't you get out in the primaries, find a better face for your party. One that actually stands for GOP Traditional CONSERVATIVE values, and go about it that way. Neither party has good people representing them right now. Better to focus on your team, than to spread lies about the other team. That gets us nowhere.)

Old 02-14-2019, 10:12 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
While the resolution is lacking in detail they were clearly outlined by AOC the author of this heap of trash. You can view the outline of her proposals in the now deleted page here:

For example this gem:

thanks to liz cheney, all those gems have been deposited in the congressional record for posterity.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:

For example this gem:

And I didn't say you or McConnell were "making anything up."

Focusing on the nutball points from the preliminary brainstorming session and pretending that's what a serious piece of legislation will be is, well... silly.

McConnell was posturing in front of cameras for the most gullible of the tRump base.

They take that fool seriously.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:04 PM

21,464 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Caring about the environment makes one an enemy?

Caring about the health and wellbeing of one's fellows, as well as oneself, makes one an enemy?

Do you even realize what you are saying?

You are on the wrong side of history.
I swear you guys just don’t get it. If we passed something like this and destroyed the US economy (and it would, make no mistake), then the chances of getting China and India to ever reduce emissions is nil. It will never happen if we are neutered. And with a third of the world’s population, their emissions are what matters now. We could reduce our carbon emissions to zero and it wouldn’t make a difference now. We have to be able to continue being the world leaders in innovation to ever have a chance.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I swear you guys just don’t get it. If we passed something like this and destroyed the US economy (and it would, make no mistake), then the chances of getting China and India to ever reduce emissions is nil. It will never happen if we are neutered. And with a third of the world’s population, their emissions are what matters now. We could reduce our carbon emissions to zero and it wouldn’t make a difference now. We have to be able to continue being the world leaders in innovation to ever have a chance.
You got it backwards: China is the worlds leader in green technology, they are leading the world in innovation while we do nothing. We could create an untold number of new jobs by following this path, but you've read on Breitbart and heard on Fox News it will "destroy the economy".

The greatest impediment to this paradigm shift is ignorance, and, of course, Republicans.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:20 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,942,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You state that as fact, and you're actually wrong. Only a sucker would get their talking points from Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter or Donald Trump.

Before I typed, I checked out REAL facts. I went to the Democrats webpage, and looked at who THEY say their leaders are, and not only is she not THE face of the party, her face did not even appear:

https://democrats.org/about/our-lead...ource=homepage

(Some of) You guys are such filthy liars. You state that she is the face of the DNC because you want to promote a false narrative. Totally fine that you don't agree with their platform. I'm at odds with much of it, and I'm at odds with much of their leadership. That's fair game, but for the love of country, either speak truth, or keep quiet.

(It must be really tough, when DJT IS IN FACT the face of the GOP. I can't imagine being in a position where you are jealous of the DNC. That's a pretty low place to be. But instead of digging out with lies, why don't you get out in the primaries, find a better face for your party. One that actually stands for GOP Traditional CONSERVATIVE values, and go about it that way. Neither party has good people representing them right now. Better to focus on your team, than to spread lies about the other team. That gets us nowhere.)
DNC's Perez: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez "Represents The Future Of Our Party"

Old 02-14-2019, 12:20 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not a "gimmick", its a long overdue way of addressing a very serious problem that a majority of Americans agree on: Climate change.

Don't expect GOP whores to bite the hand that feeds them.
Complete gimmick....

Think, if we banned all air travel and everything that is shipped in....people would not be able to get their iPhone.....or anything shipped in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies