Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

the businessman lived his principles, he didn't just give them lip service, by discontinuing Nike products in his store. standing up for his beliefs when those beliefs weren't popular took courage. I admire him.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:56 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly is your point ?
He never has a point except that we are all statists.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:12 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the businessman lived his principles, he didn't just give them lip service, by discontinuing Nike products in his store. standing up for his beliefs when those beliefs weren't popular took courage. I admire him.
You could say the same about Colin Kaepernick.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:17 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
One person said it was fake news. Is this what it's like for you now, finding tidbits in the news to keep you going, still waking up everyday angry because Her lost the election?

What's that like?
Has the OP triggered you?

Old 02-14-2019, 09:21 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Has the OP triggered you?
Ah, another one. What's it like?

Old 02-14-2019, 09:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I admire this patriot for following his convictions. Like the Nike ad says: "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything". This hero will land on his feet. And really, the NFL should have cut ties with anti-American Nike.
Except Bread and Circus (sports in general) and one more sports store all mean ZERO in the big picture.

The guy thought he found a marketing angle. Period. How many times in the past do you think he complained about his stock being made in Vietnam (commies) or Bangladesh (muslims - poor) or China? Zero.

I'm all for living your values but if you are tying on a Chinese computer going through a Chinese router one has to wonder who is the hypocrite? I mean - are you funding Google, Apple or Bill Gates or all of the above? Do you have Geico or do any of your products depend on the RR's that Buffet owns? If so you are financing his training of......well, I won't get into that. I'll assume you can do your own research.

Stay away from Dairy Queen. And the machine tools that Buffet makes money from too. Here is a reference for you....but keep in mind that these companies then create goods and services for many other companies that you probably use on a daily basis.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/war...e-giant-chart/

Old 02-14-2019, 10:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Since then, many conservatives, like President Donald Trump"

hahahahahaha Conservatives like Trump hahahahahahaha As if Trumps conservative. One store owner means exactly what now?

What a garbage OP. Nothing to do with policy and he quotes a lie. You can't make this up. Granted no discussion about policy as it would out the progressives as complete failures and the conservative policies as those which work best. But when you're too busy with your hand out begging for government welfare, what can one expect?

The store owner isn't black. Why do you care?
Have a Snickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
If someone goes bankrupt over a single brand they were doing something seriously wrong to begin with and weren't going to last anyway. Who buys Nike crap anymore anyway?
You buy them. All the time. Stop putting on a front for your CD compatriots.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Since then, many conservatives, like President Donald Trump"

hahahahahaha Conservatives like Trump hahahahahahaha As if Trumps conservative. One store owner means exactly what now?

What a garbage OP. Nothing to do with policy and he quotes a lie. You can't make this up. Granted no discussion about policy as it would out the progressives as complete failures and the conservative policies as those which work best. But when you're too busy with your hand out begging for government welfare, what can one expect?

The store owner isn't black. Why do you care?
You’re so triggered that your post makes zero sense.
So, is trump a democrat now? Is that what he is? Is that why you come on here slobbering your loyalty to him, because he’s a democrat? Is that it?

Old 02-14-2019, 11:32 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not fakes news.
Why do people declare such when it is so easy to do research?
Because they'd rather be able to type in 8 letters and one space and be done with it. A Google search is recommended before they do all that typing though

FOX NEWS -- Colorado store that quit selling Nike products over Kaepernick ad goes out of business

Old 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You’re so triggered that your post makes zero sense.
You’re so triggered that you make things up.

Quote:
So, is trump a democrat now? Is that what he is?
Around 2001-2009 he was a democrat.

Quote:
Is that why you come on here slobbering your loyalty to him, because he’s a democrat? Is that it?
I'm not loyal to him. I didn't support him. I support policy. It's always about policy. Progressive policies don't work. It doesn't matter which party is pushing big government.

Wipe your mouth. You're drooling all over the place and coupled with your nonsensical post you aren't coming across well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies