Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So you believe the cops should be able to shoot and kill anybody for any reason they feel like?
I guess tazing a guy in his testicles and penis are just foreplay for you?
I'm OK with drug abusers who take their kids along in a car to get high. Hopefully they put enough juice into the tweeker punk's nads to sterilize him so he doesn't bring any more kids into the world to neglect and abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 08:11 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm OK with drug abusers who take their kids along in a car to get high. Hopefully they put enough juice into the tweeker punk's nads to sterilize him so he doesn't bring any more kids into the world to neglect and abuse.
Yeah, you need this to happen to you so you can learn why we have laws that dont allow the police to do things like this.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:24 AM

24,416 posts, read 23,070,474 times
When the guy gets his six figure settlement from the Glendale police dept. after his lawsuit, the money should come directly from the pension fund of the police dept. The insurance company should sue them to pay for their losses. Any increase in insurance costs the dept. will have should come from the police pension fund. When currently retired police officers see their benefits reduced as a result of gross negligence and incompetence, they won't allow unfit officers to serve with them. When todays officers see their future benefits reduced, they'll clean up their ranks.
The community and the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay.
A nice gesture on the police dept.'s behalf would be to have an " Egg a cop day." Where people could throw eggs at police cars.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" (the driver of a car not using his turn signal does not implicate you in a crime)"

In MANY state it IS, Sorry to rain on your parade.
In no state does it. Pissing on my leg is not raining on my parade. The Constitution applies to everyone no matter where they live in the United States.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I watched the video and I am not one of those rabid police haters that are on here and all over.

That being said one should not have violate their own civil liberties when a cop asks them to do something they do not legally have to do for fear of being attacked or killed by a cop.

In Arizona passengers do not have to show ID to a cop on a routine traffic stop. The passenger had the right to refuse and the cop should have dropped it right there. The cop should be fired and never allowed to work in law enforcement again.
They dont anywhere without a valid suspicion of committing a crime. No one as a passenger is even required to have an I.D. on them.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
When the guy gets his six figure settlement from the Glendale police dept. after his lawsuit, the money should come directly from the pension fund of the police dept. The insurance company should sue them to pay for their losses. Any increase in insurance costs the dept. will have should come from the police pension fund. When currently retired police officers see their benefits reduced as a result of gross negligence and incompetence, they won't allow unfit officers to serve with them. When todays officers see their future benefits reduced, they'll clean up their ranks.
The community and the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay.
A nice gesture on the police dept.'s behalf would be to have an " Egg a cop day." Where people could throw eggs at police cars.
Except for that last part, I wouldn't be adverse to this. Yes, there are a lot of good cops out there, but they shield the bad ones and this is what we get for it. I would like to see these complacent officers feel some real pain for the real pain they cause so many citizens with their misguided loyalty.

Hit 'em where it hurts, in their bank accounts. That might be the only way to get their attention, because letting these bad apples off the hook time after time after time isn't helping anyone, least of all the good cops out there.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:10 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Utter scum. I don't know how the police control themselves as well as they do. Nut tazing this POS tweeker scumbag is fine with me. One of the most enraging things I see is people doing drugs around their young children. Scummiest of the scum, but police have to realize they are causing more harm now that cameras capture these encounters. How do they feel that these lowlifes are getting sympathy and a big check...

Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They dont anywhere without a valid suspicion of committing a crime. No one as a passenger is even required to have an I.D. on them.
Reaching under his seat and stuffing something between his legs creates reasonable suspicion.

Someone in the backseat, tossing a bag full of unopened bottles out a window during a routine traffic stop creates reasonable suspicion.

None of it explains tazing his testicles.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
U.S. Park police shot and killed an unarmed motorist named Bijan Ghaisar in my town well over a year ago. So far no explanation, no names of officers involved, no contacting the victim's family, nothing. I've seen this type of cop shooting over and over again through the years. Questionable shooting then complete silence. Stonewalling. It is far more likely for bad police shootings to be ignored or swept under the rug than for the cops to be held accountable.
There was no reasonable reason for him to have fled the scene of the accident, especially given he was rear- ended.

There is no reasonable reason he chose to give chase.

There is no reasonable reason for the Police to shoot him.

There is no reasonable reason for the way his family was treated, in the aftermath.

There is no reasonable reason for the lack of transparency of the investigation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoo..._Bijan_Ghaisar

Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Except for that last part, I wouldn't be adverse to this. Yes, there are a lot of good cops out there, but they shield the bad ones and this is what we get for it. I would like to see these complacent officers feel some real pain for the real pain they cause so many citizens with their misguided loyalty.
While you are right but one does need to note......the officer in Baltimore that was willing to testify against his fellow officers got shot and killed by one of them.

Quote:
Hit 'em where it hurts, in their bank accounts. That might be the only way to get their attention, because letting these bad apples off the hook time after time after time isn't helping anyone, least of all the good cops out there.
They obviously have no desire to legally hold one of their fellow officers responsible for murdering another officer so there arent many options left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies