Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

Just a sign of the times as per usual.

A totally justifiable shooting, yet the family thinks there could have been a more 'peaceful' solution.

I recall a situation in New York last year where someone was running around erratically on the streets, waving and aiming a metallic object that looked like a gun at police officers. The man was shot and killed, and people still protested and marched on the streets.

Ludicrous.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-califor...003909822.html

Quote:
Six police officers in Vallejo, California, are on administrative leave pending an investigation after they fatally shot a man moments after he woke up in the driver’s seat of his car in a Taco Bell drive-thru.

Family identified the man as Willie McCoy, a 20-year-old aspiring rapper, according to The Guardian.

The Vallejo Police Department and Solano County District Attorney’s Office say they have launched a “thorough and in-depth” investigation into the Saturday night shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:57 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
yet the family thinks there could have been a more 'peaceful' solution.
So you think the family should be like, "yeah, he deserved to die. We're not sad to see hi go." He was family, afterall.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So you think the family should be like, "yeah, he deserved to die. We're not sad to see hi go." He was family, afterall.

The family probably had a drawing and he got the short straw. His job was to die so the family could get rich with a wrongful death court case. They call it being the ultimate family provider. Think of it as the opposite of the designated survivor. The needs of the many are greater than the needs of the one.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
This is what happens when you have a state full of people who are irrationally afraid of firearms. Even the police, apparently, are so afraid of firearms that they call for backup at the mere sight of one. Quite a bit of an overreaction, but I don't hold it against the police. They are, after all, residents of a state where the majority seem to believe that firearms are the First Evil and plastic is the runner up.

That being said... People, if you know you're going to get baked, go to Taco Bell before you fire up. Seriously, if you are sleeping in the drive-thru at Taco Bell with a handgun in your lap you are S T O N E D. Don't leave the house like that.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:

A totally justifiable shooting, yet the family thinks there could have been a more 'peaceful' solution.

I recall a situation in New York last year where someone was running around erratically on the streets, waving and aiming a metallic object that looked like a gun at police officers. The man was shot and killed, and people still protested and marched on the streets.

Ludicrous.

Did they run his plates as he was napping in the vehicle? If so they could have determined his identity and possibly contacted someone he knew so they could have tried calling his cell.

I know, that might be a bit too much "work" when it's much easier to just blow someone away.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Psay stupid games - win stupid prizes

Old 02-14-2019, 11:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:

Ludicrous.

This is unfortunate. He probably didn't even realize they were police.

Imagine that you pass out, and when you wake up you're disoriented because you don't know where you are since it's not your bed at home that you're used to, and all you hear are people screaming at you right next to you.

Was he reaching for his gun, was he just trying to scoot himself up...we'll never know.

They had him blocked in with their cars. Why didn't they take cover, talk to him over some loudspeaker, allow him to wake up and get his bearings, and then, if he wanted to act stupid, go ahead, but the guy wasn't even fully awake yet before they fired on him.

I think there were many other ways this could have been handled instead of surrounding the car with guns drawn and pointed at him, screaming at a sleeping man.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:03 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
6 officers shooting at 1 armed suspect? I think that is a bit overkill (pun intended). Maybe 2 officers at most.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:45 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Anyone who carries a gun without a permit and even anyone with a permit who carries a gun in the open for no reason also carries a high risk of getting shot.
Dems dear facts.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:48 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
I don't mean to make light of anyone's death, but google "aspiring rapper shot" or "aspiring rapper killed," look though about the first 20 lines of stories, and take in just how common this meme is.

I think it is time for the "aspiring rappers" to stop blaming others and admit that the violence comes from within their own communities.

For my part, their mothers have my legitimate sympathies, but I am not going to waste my time reading another "aspiring rapper" story again until I see some sign that "aspiring rappers" around the nation are ready to change things for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies