Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times

Advertisements

Or something like that. That is what I just saw on one of my Match.C matches.

Fair enough, I will respect their wishes and leave them alone....even though I believe we see things in different ways.

It's not that I think we are not a match because I voted for him and they did not but rather, that I accept that people are entitled to their opinions and it appears that this match believes otherwise.

Is there anything besides politics that people can become so one sided about?

I mean, I am one of those who likes anchovies on her pizza, after all.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:24 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
I wonder how many people have broken up over Trump.

If You Are Married to a Trump Supporter, Divorce Them

The unfortunate truth about being in a relationship with someone who supports Donald Trump.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...mp-supporters/

Old 03-06-2019, 09:28 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Thats some serious butthurt. Ive seen such profiles. Ive dangled the carrot, advertised what theyre missing and move on.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Fair enough, I will respect their wishes and leave them alone....even though I believe we see things in different ways.

It's not that I think we are not a match because I voted for him and they did not but rather, that I accept that people are entitled to their opinions and it appears that this match believes otherwise.

religion is another area that some people become so one sided about that they will reject a potential companion.

as for pizza, i dont like pineapple on pizza, but my last girlfriend did, and i certainly would not kick her out of bed for something so trivial as that.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:30 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
I'm not in the dating season of life, but if I were, I would not date a Trump supporter. It's not about the politics; it's because we would have very different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. Note that I did not say that I wouldn't date a republican; I could be in a relationship with a moderate republican. But a Trumper? Nope. Wouldn't be too worried about what I was missing, LOL.

ETA: I'm thinking not too many of the vocal Trump supporters would want to date a "deranged liberal" either due to having very different values and ideas about what is important. So it's probably no great loss to anyone for somebody to be very open about the characteristics they're looking for in a mate.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:36 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:

I see ads everyday that say:
  • If you are a Black man, don't contact me...
  • If you don't like dogs, don't contact me...
  • If you are under 6' tall, don't contact me...
  • If you are not a traveler, don't contact me...
  • If you don't have a relationship with god, don't contact me...
  • If you are a smoker, don't contact me...
  • If you are from the middle east, don't contact me...
  • If you are not withing 50 miles, don't contact me...
  • If you have children, don't contact me...
  • If you do not have a degree, don't contact me...
  • If you are married, have a Girl/Boy friend, or are in a relationship, don't contact me...
  • If you support the Giants, Cowboys, Phillies, Dolphins, etc., don't contact me...
  • If you are an Obama supporter, don't contact me...
  • If you are a Video Game player, don't contact me...
    [8]And there are many more!

Nothing new here. There is nothing odd or unique about not wanting to be hooked up with a Trump supporter.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-06-2019 at 09:47 AM..

Old 03-06-2019, 09:37 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:

As far as dating, people have all kinds of requirements. Looks (height,weight, hair color, how they dress), education, want kids or not, already have kids or not, smoker or not, drinks or not, location, type of employment, hobbies, income/assets.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:37 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:

I can understand people on a dating site winnowing out possibilities by political affiliation and any number of other things, as well - like religion and long walks on the beach.

Be glad that they're not into wasting your time.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
sounds like something a "tolerant" liberal would say.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
People can be that way about, literally, anything.

It's dating, everyone has a right to have whatever requirements they want.

Plus, I've seen plenty of guys change their "list" if they find you attractive enough.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies