Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 AM

62,813 posts, read 29,017,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I agree with her. We'll never see a wall (which I am not necessarily for anyway) because the money will just disappear, it will be wasted in all ways imaginable. How many miles of wall will be built for 5 billion? 100 miles? 200?

This is a scam. It's just to please his supporters and keep the votes coming his way. This isn't about making the country safer, stopping drugs and illegal immigration. It's about the next election people.

There'll be no wall.

Utter nonsense! The good walls do work. One could say that the Democrats are opposed to the wall to pander to their supporters also and to keep the votes coming their way. They in particular want more future voters from illegals whom they'd love to give our citizenship to. So what's the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 06:49 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,116,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense! The good walls do work. One could say that the Democrats are opposed to the wall to pander to their supporters also and to keep the votes coming their way. They in particular want more future voters from illegals whom they'd love to give our citizenship to. So what's the difference?
This argument is "They are every bit as insincere as I am".

Bravo.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:59 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,687,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Right......as though Coulter would have more success fighting the cyclops that is today's Democratic party than Trump.

The only one it's over for is Coulter.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:12 AM

57,130 posts, read 26,101,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I call your post as nonsense as well. There’s plenty on both sides. Kettle meet pot kind of situation.
Coulter fell out of favor with that comment, he had praise for Hannity, Ingraham and Limbaugh, claimed he didn't even know her. Extremely odd having a president complementing talk show personalities at a national press conference, his supporters view this as normal.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:17 AM

2,106 posts, read 974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Coulter fell out of favor with that comment, he had praise for Hannity, Ingraham and Limbaugh, claimed he didn't even know her. Extremely odd having a president complementing talk show personalities at a national press conference, his supporters view this as normal.
Not sure he said he didn’t even know her , I did hear him say he hadn’t seen her in over a year , but Ann also turned against Bush near the end of his term , I don’t think she’s quite sure who’s bandwagon she wants to be on after a while .

Old 02-16-2019, 07:27 AM

13,674 posts, read 8,989,465 times
I will say that the author of In Trump We Trust started to become annoyed with him early on, as witnessed by this thread from May 2017:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-its-just.html

Indeed, in February 2017 we had this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ave-point.html

With this posting by banjomike:

"You have forgotten Coulter did some ranting of her own about Trump during the campaign.

After she endorsed him, he appeared at her opening book signing event, where her latest book was introduced, and proceeded to say things that made the book irrelevant after 18 months of work. And it promptly flopped.

So there she was, while Trump essentially was saying "Don't bother to buy this book." to her face. At her own book signing party.

Nice work, Donald. Bite the hand that fed you. I'm no Ann Coulter fan, but she was entitled to complain about how he treated her. That was a really shabby way to treat someone who had really helped him out when he needed it.

Roman Polanski won't ever be allowed back in the U.S., period. There's no expiration on the charges he faces here.
But that has not prevented him from producing and directing hit movies from his home in Europe, and the man is a top-rank pro in both areas.

Ironically, the girl you mentioned, now long grown and adult, said in an interview several years ago she forgave him so far back that she would like the entire matter dismissed, because people like you keep bringing it up and she would just as soon have us all forget about the incident and her. She hates being forever linked to it, as do her children, who are now all grown and have young kids of their own.
She and her family wish it was all dropped so it could be forgotten. And she doesn't care if Polanski is allowed back into the U.S. or not, because he's never going to contact her again and vice versa."

So, to me, it seems that Ms. Coulter has evolved from a Trump supporter to being disillusioned quite naturally.

I bet she has a book coming out by summer blasting Mr. Trump.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,959,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, I think Trump is dumb enough to believe his own BS.

But she’s right that in the end, it won’t amount to anything like what she wanted.
Trump can't handle complex issues. It has to be a simple approach.

Fix the Affordable Health Care Act -- only thing to do is get rid of it -- can't do that -- can't be fixed.
Fix the Immigration issues -- build a wall -- don't address e-verify, visa issues, DACA, etc...just build a wall....don't want that -- STATE OF EMERGENCY...NEED A WALL TO SOLVE EVERYTHING.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:21 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,826,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump can't handle complex issues. It has to be a simple approach.

Fix the Affordable Health Care Act -- only thing to do is get rid of it -- can't do that -- can't be fixed.
Fix the Immigration issues -- build a wall -- don't address e-verify, visa issues, DACA, etc...just build a wall....don't want that -- STATE OF EMERGENCY...NEED A WALL TO SOLVE EVERYTHING.
Correct, simple solutions for simple minds. Cant have anything too complex, the base needs something that can be turned into a one line chant for the rallies.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:31 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,116,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Not sure he said he didn’t even know her , I did hear him say he hadn’t seen her in over a year , but Ann also turned against Bush near the end of his term , I don’t think she’s quite sure who’s bandwagon she wants to be on after a while .
Why should one ride a bandwagon as opposed to ideas? I do not agree with her but I'll give her credit for not blindly following someone no matter that they do.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:35 AM

18,424 posts, read 7,064,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
only those after drump knows what this scam is!

cowlter has more of a penis than drump and I don't think much of either

.......you might want to refrain from posting after say.....

Your fifth or sixth Martini?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies