Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 03:59 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times

Advertisements

Not to worry. Even Trump knows this won't make it past the courts. He's doing it for political reasons only. Even the right leaning judges won't allow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?
The emergency delclaration lets you move money around, not alter the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Yes! License, registration and insurance. I'd gladly put my guns on the list if it saved one child.
Now if they could only get criminals to license, register and insure their guns. Laws are for law abiding people. How likely would it be for a child to be harmed by your guns, licensed, registered, insured or not?

Old 02-15-2019, 04:03 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
He won't get enough done in a year and half to amount to hill of beans, except for possibly a large quantity of money being no-bid contracted awarded to some of his campaign donors (aka the people who pay for his lawyers).

Old 02-15-2019, 04:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?
No.

Slavery is quite comfortable for well over 99% of you folks.

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Wait til President Pence declares a National Moral Emergency due to rampant abortion and gay marriages.

TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Now if they could only get criminals to license, register and insure their guns. Laws are for law abiding people.
Yes. And then every single one of them found with a gun gets it taken away. Simple. When they're not collecting more then eventually we have less problem. Gotta start somewhere. And unlike righties, we don't require absolute success to be a criteria for a successful solution. Better is better.

I have to admit, I think Medicare for Everyone is a much better and more likely first use of our new emergency powers. And one people won't allow the right to reverse (once people get it) when the right gets an opportunity. I can't wait!

Old 02-15-2019, 04:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Um, your borders are a national security issue.

The wall will reduce the number of guns illegally smuggled into the US, resulting in a decrease in homicides, other crimes and gun violence in general.

It will also reduce the number of illegal drugs smuggled into the US, resulting in a decrease in deaths and crimes related to drugs.

There's no legal basis to declare a national emergency for gun control, since it is not a national security issue.

I would hope you're intelligent enough to recognize the difference, but apparently not.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:07 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Unlike the right, Dems care about the constitution. It will not be used in that manner in the future. Trump is a cancer of our society. He will be cut out soon.
Bill CLinton used it to force a liberal, entitlement rich budget back in 1993.

Also Obama shut down the government to force Obamacare onto us against the wishes of the vast majority of the American people. We are STILL suffering the ravages of Obamacare.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:07 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
IT's remarkable how the leftists on this forum can look at thousands who want to mob the border and just shrug it off. These are people who don't give a damn about the USA or becoming a part of it. The Mexicans are coming to take back land that they believe belongs to them.......this is not the culture of old where people pined to get here valued it when they made it and couldn't wait to become a real citizen............it's for sure not a MADE UP EMERGENCY........he needs that wall up yesterday.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies