Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 06:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The argument was that teams don't want the distraction.

What I said was "even really good players will get bounced from team to team". When the Eagles released TO it wasn't because he sucked, it was because he was an ******* and a distraction. That's a franchise player that got bounced around the NFL like a ping pong ball. Kapernick does not have the star power to make up for the baggage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 06:39 PM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And you are completely wrong. He's not a high end starter but he's better, right now, than 50% of the rostered QB's in the NFL. He became a lightning rod for a political debate, because of our Moron in Chief. The NFL refused to roster him because of it.

Do players not have the right to refuse employment or must they sign any contract offered to them?
I am NOT wrong. Let me guess, you are an expert on QB's. How many have you evaluated/coached?

Is he better than some in the NFL? I'd say yes. He is better than most of the backups, but 50% of the starters....not even close! When choosing a QB (or any other player), there are a lot more factors than just pure talent. He is, unfortunately, a one trick pony with an inaccurate arm! Let me tell you, defensive coordinators love that! Owners are NOT stupid. If he was talented enough he WOULD be on a roster!

Old 02-15-2019, 06:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Good or better players are often overlooked by teams if they have a lot of baggage. Even star players wear out their welcome, TO for example.
$60-$80 million. They were going to subpoena cell phone records.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
$60-$80 million. They were going to subpoena cell phone records.

We don't know that:

Quote:
While sources declined to offer specifics for the decision, Yahoo Sports was told on prior occasions that Kaepernick and Reid would only settle the complaint if a lucrative financial agreement was reached between the players and the NFL.

The league and Kaepernick’s attorneys released a statement Friday saying the matter had been resolved confidentially. As part of that confidentiality, it is believed both sides signed a non-disclosure agreement agreeing not to speak publicly about details of the case or settlement.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-col...190149703.html

We can speculate....but nothing for sure....

Old 02-15-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We don't know that:
We do know what I stated.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, along with several owners and at least two other NFL executives, were selected to be deposed and asked to turn over all cellphone records and emails in relation to Kaepernick's case against the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle grievance case against NFL

While this part I do not know, I'm guessing someone tipped Kaepernick off and provided information to him.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:02 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
We do know what I stated.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, along with several owners and at least two other NFL executives, were selected to be deposed and asked to turn over all cellphone records and emails in relation to Kaepernick's case against the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle grievance case against NFL

While this part I do not know, I'm guessing someone tipped Kaepernick off and provided information to him.

Sorry, I should have stated the amount...we don't know the amount...

Old 02-15-2019, 07:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Social Activism? That s free. Doesnt need donations.

He was a victim. He was penalized , ostracized, scapegoated, financially ruined..career murdered for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance. Un believable.
You know who does something like this to its citizens? North Korea.

I hope he keeps 100% of the $$.$$.

Maybe next ,Trump and his wanna be dictator buddies can rally the Pope , and the local minister to go after people who choose to pray outside or at home instead of church, or on Thursday instead of Sunday

NFL Football can take a long walk on a short pier. They suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
You do know he turned down an offer to continue playing early on, right? Having been around sports for a long time, I can tell you if anyone really thought he could help him win he would have been on a roster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And you are completely wrong. He's not a high end starter but he's better, right now, than 50% of the rostered QB's in the NFL. He became a lightning rod for a political debate, because of our Moron in Chief. The NFL refused to roster him because of it.

Do players not have the right to refuse employment or must they sign any contract offered to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
False equivalency. The government didn't do anything to Kaepernick - the free market simply didn't tolerant his childish temper tantrums. In North Korea, it would have been a government action. Big difference.

yeah, kaepernick was a victim all right. a victim of his own design and making. he was offered a few contracts to continue his playing career, though some fo them were for back up positions, but as noted he turned them down. why? probably not enough money, not a starting position, or what ever else. doe she have the right to turn down these contracts? yes he does.

but when he is begging to get back onto a team, you would think that he would have signed the ebst deal he could make and go back to playing football. but instead he chose to sue the NFL to keep his name out in the public and to get as much money as he could get. the fact is that he really did not want to play football, just wring as much money out of the NFL as possible.

yes he is a victim of his own making, and he can go on playing the victim card to those that like to cry over someone being a victim. but those of us that see this for what it really is, a huge money grab, he is no victim and never has been. he is just a has been.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, I should have stated the amount...we don't know the amount...
Fair enough.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I still think that Kaepernick ought to go to police academy and become a beat cop in a black majority poor neighborhood. He could then show police officers how the job should be done. Enough with the kneeling, it's time for him to take some real action to help fix the problem he thinks America has with blacks.

Yes that's true , he could shoot the criminal that brandish weapons and not shoot unarmed black citizens.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,724 times
I dont agree with Kap, I dont like what he's doing, but the NFL is private and can do what they want and if teams dont want that attention they are free to pass on him. Kap is also free to do what he wants on the sidelines. There could be negative consequences for his actions which he is experiencing but he has the freedom to do so which is great.

That said, Kap has done nothing near as worse as Michael Vick or some other NFL players that are either still playing or had many many 2nd chances....Kareem Hunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies