Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 03:18 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times

Advertisements

Why is it so hard to impeach Trump yet Nixon and Clinton stepped down so easily to avoid impeachment? What changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 03:41 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Why is it so hard to impeach Trump yet Nixon and Clinton stepped down so easily to avoid impeachment? What changed?
Maybe because they actually did what they were accused of? I'll be the first to say impeach him if he's done something wrong legally, but until you prove it I'm not buying it. And just being a jerk isn't against the law. If that were true, so many on here and other social media would be spending their lives behind bars.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:44 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Clinton didn't step down to avoid impeachment.

In fact, Clinton WAS impeached !

However he was not convicted in the Senate or removed from office.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:50 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/580468/

I think that today's events might make a powerful argument for such a move.

What do YOU think?
I think you should leave Trump right where he is because in just 20 months he will be up for reelection and I am sure you would agree with me the chances of Trump winning against any democrat is less than 0.000%

He is so hated and reviled how could he possibly win in 2020?

Old 02-16-2019, 03:53 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Maybe because they actually did what they were accused of? I'll be the first to say impeach him if he's done something wrong legally, but until you prove it I'm not buying it. And just being a jerk isn't against the law. If that were true, so many on here and other social media would be spending their lives behind bars.
Oh okay, but what did Clinton do that was illegal though? Nixon had watergate and Trump is being investigated but what did Clinto do that was illegal? He was impeached for cheating on his wife, but cheating is not a crime in US law, and it's a civil matter, so how were they able to impeach him for something that was not illegal?

Old 02-16-2019, 03:59 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I think you should leave Trump right where he is because in just 20 months he will be up for reelection and I am sure you would agree with me the chances of Trump winning against any democrat is less than 0.000%

He is so hated and reviled how could he possibly win in 2020?
If you really believe this, you may be in for (another) rude awakening in 2020. Personally, I'm hoping he decides not to run, and that we end up with a different Republican candidate, but if he does run, he'll get my vote. At least considering who the Democrats have so far. I'm not about to vote for any of the D's that have declared at this point in time.

And yes, I would consider a Democrat. Have many times in the past - the last being Obama's first run.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:06 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
How dare the he secure the border. No good sob
You kill me! Love your posts!

Old 02-16-2019, 04:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:

What do YOU think?
What do you mean "FINALLY"? That movement started the second after he was declared the winner of the election for President of the United States.

Thus far: nothing but whining.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:07 PM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Oh okay, but what did Clinton do that was illegal though? Nixon had watergate and Trump is being investigated but what did Clinto do that was illegal? He was impeached for cheating on his wife, but cheating is not a crime in US law, and it's a civil matter, so how were they able to impeach him for something that was not illegal?
No, he was impeached for lying under oath during an investigation on an unrelated matter.

Unfortunately his handlers, abetted by other Democratic elected officials and the media, were able to change the narrative to it being "just about sex".

Old 02-16-2019, 04:33 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:

What do YOU think?
Dial 1 800 Maxine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies