Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 11:45 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
Most females have guilt after an abortion. She's about the only one who doesn't

Most women (that's the word you're looking for, by the way), by every study, do not regret their abortion.

The woman in this case did not have an abortion because it was not made available to her. You could, you know, read the article.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Most females have guilt after an abortion. She's about the only one who doesn't
Not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
were any of them disabled? or did you just select the "perfect" ones?
That poster did no such thing, surely you know that.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:04 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
4. Thanks for asking. (I love when they ax that question)
God help them! Those poor kids are doomed to end up bigots of the first order if brought up in your sphere of influence.

Now, do we really believe you adopted four children...……...do pigs fly?

You are so far out there with your outrageous opinions so as to make of yourself a complete sham.

There can be no doubt this is deliberate on your part.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:04 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And you think that only people on welfare neglect their children? Here's an idea, track down a children's protective services worker and ask them that question.
Nope. I am speaking of those that are. Okay? Got it?

Let me try and explain. There are children whose parent/parents receive assistance for them. Some of them abuse the system, use the assistance for themselves leaving the kids with bare necessities and sometimes very little food. These parents need to be investigated. Meanwhile, these children did nothing wrong and are victims. They deserve to be taken care of regardless of how no good their parents are. We must do that.

Yes, there are bad parents who mistreat their children who do not receive taxpayer assistance. We are not talking about that right now. At least I wasn't.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:05 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I posted in another thread that I had a friend who had a late term abortion in China because she divorced her husband. She was in perfect health and so was the fetus.

I don't know what to think about this because obviously, it is easy to judge a woman who had late term abortion when you were not in her shoes. My friend had been cheated on and even suffered from STD, she did not want to spend the rest of her life with that lousy man, and she decided to abort the baby and had a brand new life. Who am I or anybody else to judge her?

This said, many women went through late term abortion had nothing to do with the above example. Most women had to endure the horrible news that their babies had severe birth defect, abortion in this case (in my humble opinion) is showing mercy to the unborn baby. I know many religious folks won't agree, but this is my opinion.

Abortion to a lot of women is not an impulsive or irresponsible act. No woman in their right mind would choose LATE TERM abortion if she had another option.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Directly from bump stocks to respect and honor of human life. I can't tell what's satire any more.

Reread. It's a "progression" of deterioration of human rights. You know, boiling frog jumps right in thinking he is just being bathed and finds out too late that he is dinner, or toast or whatever.

I didn't have time to write a book so I condensed it. You fill in the blanks if you want.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:08 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

"Most females have guilt after an abortion. She's about the only one who doesn't. Aapproximately 95% of women completing each follow-up interview reported that having the abortion was the right decision for them."
[end quote]

Are you really sure of that? [the following] A study found otherwise.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...0128832#sec013
People can continue to think they make the right decision, but they can also still feel guilty about it. To give just one example -- people who put their parents who have Alzheimer's disease into ALFs.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Adopt. Adapt. Get it done. No need to kill the child. Leftwingers always want the easy way out without lifting a finger.
It becomes the norm to hear about abortion until it becomes acceptable. Children are dying and people are arguing for the rights of women to kill them. UNBELIEVABLE.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I posted in another thread that I had a friend who had a late term abortion in China because she divorced her husband. She was in perfect health and so was the fetus.

I don't know what to think about this because obviously, it is easy to judge a woman who had late term abortion when you were not in her shoes. My friend had been cheated on and even suffered from STD, she did not want to spend the rest of her life with that lousy man, and she decided to abort the baby and had a brand new life. Who am I or anybody else to judge her?

This said, many women went through late term abortion had nothing to do with the above example. Most women had to endure the horrible news that their babies had severe birth defect, abortion in this case (in my humble opinion) is showing mercy to the unborn baby. I know many religious folks won't agree, but this is my opinion.

Abortion to a lot of women is not an impulsive or irresponsible act. No woman in their right mind would choose LATE TERM abortion if they had another option.
It does not matter if they agree with you or not. Merely claiming to be religious does not infer rights upon anyone to judge others.

THEY'VE indoctrinated us all to believe they have some special dispensation because they claim religiosity.

I would suggest to you that your friendship and familiarity with this woman and her experience you speak of give you a right to your opinion...someone claiming to be religious and who has never met her and knows squat about her....no rights to judge whatsoever.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:15 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
People can continue to think they make the right decision, but they can also still feel guilty about it. To give just one example -- people who put their parents who have Alzheimer's disease into ALFs.
I am sure some would feel guilty afterward, some would not.

I think it is important not to paint the entire group of people with one broad brush.

I've never had an abortion, so I cannot speak for any women who had gone through the procedure. But as a woman, I have to say that no woman in their right mind would choose late term abortion if she felt she had another option at the time.

The abortion is seen as regrettable but, given the individual circumstances, necessary.

This is just my opinion, I think When some drastic step is necessary (e.g., amputating a leg) people come to terms with it, and generally guilt does not enter the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies